Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=16d31ed8b561f4088e367ab0fd948524Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bandolier slipping
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Looks to be an ingenious yet simple solution.

So you have the snaps attached directly to the hair suit? How snug is your suit? Does the suit stay attached to the bandolier and move around with it?
Larphitupfuzzball ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotWookiee wrote:
Thanks. Looks to be an ingenious yet simple solution.

So you have the snaps attached directly to the hair suit? How snug is your suit? Does the suit stay attached to the bandolier and move around with it?

Yes the snaps are attached directly at the shoulder and on the leg. The back of the studs come through the webbing (to give it a bit of strength) and then through the hole in the mesh before being secured with the mating part.

There’s a bit of play in my suit but I wasn’t aware of the bandolier pulling it about and I asked my spotter to keep an eye on it and he didn’t notice any issues

I did two troops with it over the weekend (6 hrs on Sat and 4 1/2 on Sun) and the bandolier and pouch stayed attached the whole time.
This was really just a feasibility study for the TFA Chewie I’m building but have to say I’m happy with the results.

If I’m being critical I will probably mount the poppers a bit closer to the neck line on TFA and will look at fitting the strap under one of the ammo boxes for more concealment.

Hope this helps
jeniwan (Jenna Hunt)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my husband's Chewie, we solved this with magnets! He got 3 very strong, flat rare earth magnets and attached them in a triangle arrangement on the under side of the bando strap, and then put the other ends in the same arrangement on his shoulder padding (he uses pretty simple shoulder padding like this: http://a.co/d/chL2bKo so it was easy to tape the magnets on.) This has been working well so far. We found that 2 magnets wasn't strong enough, but the 3 magnet arrangement has held well as long as everything is in the right place to start with. It also works better now that he's switched from heavy resin boxes to the much lighter metal ones, but even with the resin, the magnets were working ok.
Great Lakes Base -- Rey (Resistance, Jakku, TLJ and Training) Jyn Erso
Oh and that one time I made a wookiee: www.instagram.com/latch_wooking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: