Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=709307ab30967749e14e34c47313d783Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Wookie Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jusino (Miguel Jusino)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Generic Wookie Build Reply with quote

Greetings everyone, im starting a slow Generic Wookie Build. Planing to make the mask order really soon. What im more trouble with is the mesh and how to do the proccess of putting the hair. Is there any build out there i can follow?!

Another thing, i would like my Wookie to be brown color. Should i just make it brown or i have to mix with another color?! If yes what color should i look? I know they go by numbers in Kanekalon.

About the mesh im 5"11 so how much will i need?! i know the wookie have to be more than 7" but more or less how much yard of mesh will i need?!

Thanks in Advance
SaraJyn ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still working on this? Did you ever get any answers? I found this you tube video of someone building a Chewie: https://youtu.be/UhgKhmW6eA0 . I could find out how much fabric you need, probably. I am no judge, but from a personal opinion, I would do two shades of brown to add depth to your fur. Very few animal pelts are single shades. Or even our own hair for that matter.
Btabc ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaraJyn wrote:
Are you still working on this? Did you ever get any answers? I found this you tube video of someone building a Chewie: https://youtu.be/UhgKhmW6eA0 . I could find out how much fabric you need, probably. I am no judge, but from a personal opinion, I would do two shades of brown to add depth to your fur. Very few animal pelts are single shades. Or even our own hair for that matter.

This is a great video! I actually had found this a while before joining on the forums to start my thread/build as well. This thread has helped me a lot and is the same gentleman that did that video:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91733

He has a blog as well which shows the process of what he's doing and it's EXTREMELY informative and easy to understand.
Starkiller
Jusino (Miguel Jusino)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you... Thank you so much.. Yes im still working on this. Hoping to have it ready for Celebration.
jeniwan (Jenna Hunt)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For mesh buying: When we made my husband's Chewie, we bought a whole bolt (8 yards) of mesh and ended up using most of it. I would buy 7-8 yards to be safe. You need long pieces for the pants especially, so it's easier just to buy one big bolt of fabric.

For hair color: yes, blending some colors together will give you more depth of color and it will look a lot more realistic. As SaraJyn noted, natural hair has highlights mixed in. You can blend you own (there is advice thoughout this forum area on using a hackle to blend hair) or you could look at some of the pre-mixed blends available. Check out the "Rastafri Freed'm Silky" Kanekalon braids on ikickshins, and you'll see there are some colors available that are not just one color.

Good luck! Making a wookiee is a lot of work, but it is so satisfying once you are done!
Great Lakes Base -- Rey (Resistance, Jakku, TLJ and Training) Jyn Erso
Oh and that one time I made a wookiee: www.instagram.com/latch_wooking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: