Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=33fa8b7f0ef0f7646456036eda3482e8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question about updating a costume and approval

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dally ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Question about updating a costume and approval Reply with quote

Hi ladies,

One of my costumes is Padme's Refugee Gown from AOTC. A couple of months ago, the helmet fell from a high shelf and cracked. I tried to fix it, but it did not look that great, so I just decided to remake it. I think the new version actually looks better than my earlier (approved) helmet, but here is my question. Should I resubmit photos of the whole costume for re-approval? Or should I send in photos of the improved helmet? I am not sure who is the best person to ask, so if you guys have some suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Liz
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, I think so, but if it is one piece of a larger cosutme, it may not be necessary. Could you post photos of your old headdress and your new one here so that we can ask a judge about it?

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Dally ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. The old helmet is in the photo with the stormtrooper, and the new one is in the plain indoor photo (hopefully these links work). Let me know if you think I should contact a judge. Thank you!

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Lizbeth_Louise/IMG_0203_zpsrwrxgrud.jpg
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Lizbeth_Louise/IMG_0332_zpslkxch64x.jpg
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I can't make the links work, but wear and tear is a normal part of having a costume, and making replacements for parts is, too, so normally you don't need reapproval unless you're doing a major overhaul and basically remaking the entire thing (or most of it).

If in doubt it's good to pm a judge and send them a picture. Often the judges just update the roster image to reflect what the costume actually looks like now if there's some smaller changes. But you can always request having your costume rejudged by current standards, if you wish, just like your CO. (Within reason, of course).

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Dally ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Do you know who the judges are, or how I find them? Sorry if that sounds like a silly question... I am not sure whom I should contact.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This list should be up to date: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92747

You can see who the lcjs are for each category.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: