About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4bf228eabf01608cea110d6fd712e2caMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Recent event : Supermegafest. ( Nov. 17-18th 2007)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alderaan Base -> Alderaan Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Recent event : Supermegafest. ( Nov. 17-18th 2007) Reply with quote

Super Megafest November 17th and 18th
www.supermegafest.com

Come by and see members of Alderaan Base at the convention, We will be avaliable for photos, and can answer any questions you have about our rebel costume group. ( Including how to join, and what costume requirements are)

We will have a table, and be there from :
Saturday, Nov. 17th: 10:30am - 6:00pm
Sunday, Nov. 18th: 10:30am - 5:00pm

Star Wars guests include :

Ray Park - Darth Maul, X Men (as Toad), The Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow.

Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett, tantive crew member

Joe Corroney - Joe Corroney has been providing Lucasfilm with official Star Wars artwork for related books, games, trading cards and magazines since 1997. Other comic books he's illustrated include Crimson Dynamo for Marvel Comics and Fallen Angel, 24: Nightfall, Angel and Spike Vs. Dracula

Kevin Liell, MFA is a Professional Illustrator and is an up and coming Star
Wars artist, who will be selling two limited edition prints commissioned
especially for this event.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Justin C Manning -
CO of Alderaan Oct. 2007-Sept. 2009
Current member of Rebel Legion PR Team and Alderaan Base's BRO

ID-6872 New England Garrison 501st
Jedi Master Justyn Ma'Ning of Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn- Charity fundraiser "walk on role".

Last edited by Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning) on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

Justin C Manning -

Jedi Master Justyn Ma'Ning of Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn- Charity fundraiser "walk on role".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AutoSponge ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Charity Reply with quote

This weekend I went to a children's book show with my daughter at
UConn. Matthew Reinhardt was there, and he's a huge Star Wars and
Transformers fan. He just finished this book:

Star Wars: A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy
http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/ref/news20070509.html

It's a first edition. So I got a copy signed but not
personalized and picture of him signing it. He wrote "May the force
be with you" and sketched a quick Darth Vader.

I was thinking that this could be donated by the base to a raffle or
auction at some future Alderan event, maybe even this weekend. What
are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea .

Justin C Manning -

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son loves that pop-up book - it is incredible.
It would make an awesome raffle prize.

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
AutoSponge ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't stay very long and I had my 4yo with me--her first show. So I donated the book to the Fan Force's Cam Neely Fund drive since they already had several raffles going and the tickets and buckets to support another raffle prize.

I put an Alderaan Base card (thanks Justin) with the book to promote the organization, but the real purpose is that the book finds a home and helps raise money for a worthy cause. And since the book was such a recent release, I thought it would be a bigger draw at this show instead of saving it for a later show.

But, I'm going to keep my eyes open for something just as cool for NY ComicCon and DragonCon as well. And I really hope I can do more "hanging out" with you guys at the next event.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Park, Jeremy Bulloch, and Joe Corroney were guests at this year's "SUPERMEGAFEST" convention which is held yearly in Framigham, Massachusetts .Over the weekend of Nov 17-18th,2007, members of Alderaan Base were at the convention, spreading word of our rebel costume group and placing smiles on fans young and old alike. Over the course of the weekend, members, worked together with the New England Garrision of the 501st, in efforts to raise money for the Jimmy Fund.
We had a fun time, working with member of the 501st to help raise awareness, and funds for THE JIMMY FUND. Total raised for the group by contributions for photos with the NEG's Jabba the Hutt, and members in costume was a staggering $1700.00+ Shocked Very Happy

Alderaan Base inducted Joe Corroney as a Honorary member of the Rebel Legion, for his artistic contributions to the "STAR WARS" legacy.
All three guests were also inducted as Honorary members of Alderaan Base. Jeremy was inducted as a "HONORARY PILOT" for his work as a Alderaan pilot in SW:ROTS.

Special Thanks go out to New England Garrision of the 501st for yet another successful convention outing with our many friends.
Interested in learning more about the convention? check www.supermegafest.com

Justin C Manning -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alderaan Base -> Alderaan Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: