About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b08fb02c80fc367c2341ae1929f4f552Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Members Not Able to Log In
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StormtrooperPrincess ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Members Not Able to Log In Reply with quote

I have several base members, including our CO (Kristi), who are unable to log in over here.

Kristi says she gets an invalid username/password error, but when she tries to create a new account she gets a message about that user name being already in use.

I'm not sure what messages the others are getting, but I'm assuming that they are along the same lines.
merebel ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm me with names and user name and I will look at it

Keith
StormtrooperPrincess ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, our CO Kristi STILL can't log on to the site. What's the status?
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel, I'm looking at her account info, and I don't see anything on it that would prevent her from logging in, so I'm not sure what it could be. Can she retrieve her password?
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this note, I'm getting a similar error with my new login for my membership application. "Cal Handro". I dodn't think I could "upgrade" this account, I saw no option, so I just assumed I would retire "HowardFilms" but when I tried to log in with my new one with the password provided in my email the RL sent, it told me my login/pass was invalid. I was under the impression my forum access was immediate...but do I have to wait for approval to have access to the forum?

Seeing as I have this account for the moment, it isn't really a problem. I'd just like to start using the one I will be using from now on, so when I saw this thread I figured I'd ask.

Jovat (looking up): "I seriously doubt that..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cal Handro (John Howard)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Beyond that, I just noticed (trying to retrieve a new password and try logging in again) that the forum says that HowardFilms@yahoo.com is not the email registered to Cal Handro...which makes absolutely no sense because it's that email account that I got my verification and my first password...so it has to be that email address.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not have multiple account names for single person see http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7648 for instructions on how to report multiple accounts.
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know, that's why I was stop using HowardFilms to use Cal Handro...there's no way to make my forum account a full member account, unless I'm mistaken, so I had no other way...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You on you own can't change an ID from forum to full member, the Legion Costume Judge has to approve your costume and then the Legion Membership officer upgrades your membership from forum to full membership (provided you meet all the age and other requirements for membership).
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know.

What I'm saying is that when I went to apply there's no option to say "Hey I'm HowardFilms and now I want to be a member..."

You create a new account.

So if you already have a forum account, you have to create a second one to apply for membership, ergo my Cal Handro account.

StormtrooperPrincess ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HowardFilms wrote:

What I'm saying is that when I went to apply there's no option to say "Hey I'm HowardFilms and now I want to be a member..."

You create a new account.

Actually, you don't have to create a new account.

If you are logged onto the main page of the http://rebellegion.com site, there should be a box of options in the bottom of the screen. Underneath the private messages link is one that says "manage your costumes." That will take you to a page that lists each of your costumes, if you have any. On that page there should be a link that says "Add a costume," and from there you can submit a costume without having to create a new account.
Cal Handro (John Howard)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't login to the Rebel Legion site with my account, I only have forum access, so that won't work.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen Amidala wrote:
You should not have multiple account names for single person see http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7648 for instructions on how to report multiple accounts.

As I posted on 06/14 you should be reporting the two accounts by posting in the topic linked above and below or sending an email, please do so.
Reaper wrote:
This is the place (http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7648) to notify the council if you have more then one account on the forums. and which one you wish to keep. If you prefer to keep this off the boards, you can email Council@rebellegion.com This will be delivered to all members of the council.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like I have only "forum user" options instead of "Full Member" Please help. Sad I'm only seeing the "W/O Member login" options and not the "Member login" options.

"W/O Member login you will see:
Rebel Rumblings
Legion Tech Support

W/Member login you will see:
Rebel Briefing
Rebel Rumblings
Base Command (note: only COs, XOs, LC can see this)
Legion Tech Support
Legion Merchandise
Honorary Memberships
Rebel Legion Trading Cards
Election forums"

"These Rebels were different. They were organized, they were growing, and they were everywhere."―Journal of the 501st "The Rebellion is spreading and I want to be on the side I believe in." -Biggs Darklighter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cal Handro (John Howard)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...why would I be reported?

1) There's no other way for a non-member to get a member acct
2) I can't and haven't used the second account anyway...

What is it you want me reported for?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: