Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6c4c7781200e1508731046bafdd014fdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MWB-IL-Chicago-MSI Citadel Party 10-17-07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: MWB-IL-Chicago-MSI Citadel Party 10-17-07 Reply with quote

The Citadel?

Two days ago, I had no clue what the Citadel was. Today, I know what it is.

One of the special requests that we received from the Musuem of Science and Industry to costume the "Star Wars-Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit was for a Citadel Party. The event was posted but due to the fact that it was a Wednesday night, there wasn't too much response. I called into the Musuem on Monday to report that we only had about 4 costumes and there was dead silence on the other end of the phone.

It was then explained to me that the Citadel's founder and CEO was THE person responsible for bringing the exhibit to Chicago. Mr. Griffin is a HUGE Star Wars Fan in addition to being a successful businessman. Mr. Griffin decided to host a special private party for his employees, family and friends at the MSI to go and enjoy the exhibit.

Now it was my turn for dead silence. Phone calls went out, begging and pleading was done and in the end we were able to provide 11 costumes that gave the Citadel a nice mix of Original Trilogy costumes.

To all of our members who worked a full day at their real jobs, tossed their costumes into their tubs and made their way to the Museum and pressed the flesh with the Citadel...my eternal thanks to you. I know I say that after every outing....but this one was an extraordinary effort.

To our troops (in no particular order)

To Brandon Grasha (Rudy's son)-- our little Jawa....YOU were an awesome ambassador as you made your way to make sure each child was greeted properly.

To Rudy-thank you so much for volunteering to come on like 4 hours notice and bringing the "Fett-man" to life for the son's of the Citadel's COO (whose sons came dressed in their Fett best - one as Boba and one as Jango)

To Jason - who risked divorce court to come down as Vader

To Augie - who was everywhere and had to do everything - I was secretly giddy that you swapped out of your Fett and into RFT.... Very Happy but seriously...you have GOT to get your shirt to me so that we can get that bib on! Wink

To Kim - Augie's wife and now Endor Commando - also was everywhere and did everything as she was also a huge ambassador and greeted everyone. Also serving with Augie as 3-PO's handler....a huge job indeed!

To Tom - for hauling not one but two costumes...including the iconic C-3PO. With this being my first time attempting to get you into the C-3PO...I am blown away at the complexities of the costume and the fact that I thought we were going to break one of your ribs putting on the chest piece....there are no words.....period

To Kathy - as she swept in from a day of work at lightspeed - changed into her armor in record time - and kept our night moving along.

To Andrew - crunching numbers all day....battling public transportation...and still got the job done....and got to the Museum and suited up in record time.

To Joseph - yet another trooper that put in a full day's work and even though he could not be there until a little later he still suited up for the "second shift"

To Lionel - one of the folks that got a frantic call from me on Monday.....who also turns 65 on Friday....it is not an event without our Ben Kenobi

Our Participants:
(in no particular order)
Tom Schaefer - TK118 and C-3PO
Augie Webster - BH9989/AT2441 - Rebel Fleet Trooper
Lionel Bottari - Ben Kenobi RJ217
Jason Patterson - SL1719 - Vader
Andrew Marsh TI2079/AP1382- X-Wing Pilot
Kim Webster - Endor Commando
Rudy Grasha – BH3620Boba Fett
Brandon Grasha - Jawa
Phyllis Schulte - TK1951/AT-RJ695 - Stormtrooper
Kathy Van Beuningen - TK9989 - Stormtrooper
Joseph Flores – TI 1296 Tie Pilot

In addition to our usual pressing of the flesh and posing for photos there was much goofing off do be done and the guests seemed to love the antics from sneaking up on them as they viewed the exhibit, to Tom and I in Stormtrooper chasing Augie in Rebel Fleet Trooper through the knot of tables, to hamming it up at the Millenium Falcon....

A good time was had by all....our participants, the Citadel's guests, and the employees of the MSI who always enjoy our presence and always let us know that.

more photos:
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/MSI%20Citadel%2010-17-07/?start=20

Yeah...I can tell how productive I am going to be at work today...now that I have that whole 2 hours of sleep...

Troop on!

Gochi out...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte) on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
South Carolina Relief Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augie's photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13169992@N06/sets/72157602494175424/

Rudy's photos:
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/fettfan/MSI%20Citadel/

Rudy has some GREAT photos of us trying to get Tom into his C-3PO costume...
this is an ungodly costume to wear....we literally almost broke his ribs...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pics thanks for sharing Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: