Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=05db059a2a10d6e8d2da4b9008c7b6dbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Just a heads up I found on Simplicity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevinShadowV (Devin Vanassche)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Just a heads up I found on Simplicity. Reply with quote

Yeah I know but with some modifications for pilot suits this could help to get a headstart?

https://www.simplicity.com/simplicity-storefront-catalog/patterns/new-patterns/costumes/simplicity-pattern-8722-misses-mens-and-teens-costumes/

work-in progress:
researching X-Wing suit (OT)
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could certainly be used with various modifications, but that pattern is much more TFA/TLJ than Original Trilogy X-wing pilot. And even then it's far from accurate even for TFA/TLJ.

For an OT X-wing pilot a pattern for a pair of regular old coveralls would work just fine, as that's what they are. They're just regular coveralls with some extra pockets added to them and a modified collar.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice find for some other things too. 😁

Retired:
LXO, BCO, DCO, LCJ

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
It could certainly be used with various modifications, but that pattern is much more TFA/TLJ than Original Trilogy X-wing pilot. And even then it's far from accurate even for TFA/TLJ.

For an OT X-wing pilot a pattern for a pair of regular old coveralls would work just fine, as that's what they are. They're just regular coveralls with some extra pockets added to them and a modified collar.

So I just need to clarify that I can use it and just do some some changes to make it OT version?

work-in progress:
xAlpha (Robert Paul)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of fabric would you use? Joann's has a poly-cotton broadcloth blend, maybe, or there's a specific poly safety fabric. I haven't gone to the store yet, but before do I want to make sure I have the right type of material in mind.

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevinShadowV wrote:
Blue Banshee Leader wrote:

So I just need to clarify that I can use it and just do some some changes to make it OT version?

Yeah, with modifications you could probably make it work. The biggest hurdle you might have is that the collar is completely different than their pattern.

You might find this one to be more useful. It's a bit more accurate, at least...
https://cosplay.mccall.com/m2054-products-51391.php?page_id=5923

But if you use the Simplicity pattern, I would honestly use the Ghostbusters pattern, it'll probably require less modifications.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xAlpha (Robert Paul)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one also has the wrong collar, though. The wrists are the only thing that's really more accurate.

At any rate, this thread has info and patterns for all the changes you'd need for either: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16097

Oh and this one, at the bottom of page 1: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97837&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool I'll get working on the suit for the OT version and yes I will use the templates for the mods I need to do from here.

work-in progress:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: