Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6fa44b90085395e5b2196b4d04eac387Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Satine Kryze - help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissBarb ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Satine Kryze - help Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if i add in the right place. Tell me if i am wrong and sorry for that.
Anyway i need help with Satine dress. I'm not sure what fabric should i choose. Do you have any idea? Or how to make these crystals?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/67/69/61/67696171b5a3df3acdafdd51cc5e1f03.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/89/e4/3789e49ff13c15e7aa38d6681f01a3bf.png

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/open-uri20150608-27674-jgt8rm_035ed73b.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C430
Satine.kryze ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: hi! Reply with quote

Hello! What a pleasure to see that you want to make a satin costume ( ilove Satine, i have the rose outfit), the fabric of that costume I do not know exactly, but it is similar to silk, I am going to find out with some girls who have that costume and if I have information I will notify you.
best regards
Brezka from Chile Outpost
Satine.kryze ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: I have news to you Reply with quote

hello there

I have news to you, now I am talking with the girl that have the costume, ans she tells me that:

The fabrics are all silks, the patterned fabric is custom designed by her and printed at Spoonflower. the custom patterned fabric is printed on silky faille.

I hope this information is useful for you

Best regards form Chile!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

Welcome to the forum. It's a lovely costume and since it is animated there is not one correct fabric to use for it. I would recommend a medium weight fabric based on how it acts on screen, and you want something like a jacqard/brocade type fabric for the patterned skirt and sleeve parts.
Silk is certainly always lovely, but can a be a bit tricky to work with if you have not tried it before. (You will need to flatline it with something light and non-slippery like cotton voile).

This section is for sharing tutorials, so your thread is moved to 'Other dignitaries'. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Satine.kryze ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: about Satine costume Reply with quote

Hi Lora!
yes you are rigth the silk is very dificult for work in a dress but I told this because was the information that gave me a girl that have the costume from Sunrider base ,
Regardless of that, the important fact that I have obtained is where you can send the fabric to be stamped with the drawing that this costume has.
best regards!
and take care so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: