Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ac2db0db75abfdbb0b4435631b5f84d1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

First ever build, just submitted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Devaron Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lim Onterra ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: First ever build, just submitted Reply with quote

hi all! Total newbie here so forgive me if this isn't the protocol, but I just submitted my first costume - Jakku Rey - and I'm super nervous and excited to see what happens!

I'm located in central NJ and fell in love with the idea of joining the legion after I was introduced to the group at a Somerset Patriots game a few years back. But I had never sewn a stitch, let alone made a costume to their standards. After making a for-fun costume for a friend's SW-themed 10 year vow renewal later that year, I decided to give it a shot and here we are after lots of blood, sweat and tears (and SO MUCH FABRIC DYEING)!

Question: Has anyone used imgur to host their photos? I tried dropbox and imgur but both seemed to not work when I clicked on the test link, so I went with imgur and crossed my fingers. If you want to see my submission photos, the album should be here: https://imgur.com/a/WagDga5

Also, question two: about how soon do you think I can expect to hear back on any changes I need to make? I would LOVE to troop at the Somerset Patriots game later this summer and hope I make the cut before then Smile

Thanks so much for any insight or help you can offer!
Navajo Bro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and looks great! I've probably run into you at the Patriots game as I've done every single one so far hahaha! We're glad you were inspired to join and it looks like it came out great!

They aren't too bad with getting back to people on submissions, but I'd let someone who might have just gone through it chime in with a better idea. I'm sure it'll be done waaaaay before the game, it should usually be a week or so sometimes quicker but never really longer Smile

TA/TB/TI/TK/TK/TS/TS/TX/AR/BH/IC/ID/IS-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant Lead Event Coordinator

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Smile

I was recently approved with Jakku Rey as well, and I can see from your photos that everything looks great so far. My only worry is the color of the pants. I'm not sure if it's the lighting in the photo, but they have a bit of a greenish tone to them.
I would also recommend weathering everything a bit more. With the shirt, you want it to be the lightest color, but also have that dirty and worn Jakku scavenger look lol. I use Rustoleum sand textured spray paint in desert bisque to weather my Rey and Jawa pieces.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-223524-Multi-Color-Textured-12-Ounce/dp/B000N3E9Y2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529444089&sr=8-1&keywords=rustoleum+multicolor+textured+spray+paint+desert+bisque

And here's reference to my shirt. Smile

The Rey judges are very helpful and if they decide on any changes, they will be more than willing to guide you. As far as timing, they will usually give you about two weeks to make your changes, however I believe they can grant you an extension. I submitted my Rey a week before leaving for Germany and when I received the email with the changes, I explained the situation and they were totally cool with it. You should hear back within a week or so, depending on who your judge is.

You look great!! Very excited to have another scavenger sister on board! Also if you're on Facebook, the Rey costuming group is a great resource as well. Good luck on your submission and keep us posted! Smile
TanRu ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your submission! Where in Central NJ (a term of much debate!) are you?

When trying to post imgur links on a costume submission (or web page), make sure you use the Direct Link, not the image link.

TI/IG/IC/TK/DZ-47877, Northeast Remnant, 501st Legion
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To echo what Tanru said, you can also copy and paste the BBCode right in to your post. Smile
Lim Onterra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TanRu wrote:
Good luck with your submission! Where in Central NJ (a term of much debate!) are you?

When trying to post imgur links on a costume submission (or web page), make sure you use the Direct Link, not the image link.

thanks!! I'm in South Amboy, so basically if you drew a line straight thru the state, you'd go through my town Wink
Lim Onterra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much, guys!!! I did get rejected on the first try because of the pants (too green, you called it!) but I re-did them today and resubmitted just now. Fingers crossed once again!
RedheadFangirl (Laverne)
Devaron Base CO
Devaron Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lim Onterra wrote:
thank you so much, guys!!! I did get rejected on the first try because of the pants (too green, you called it!) but I re-did them today and resubmitted just now. Fingers crossed once again!

Congrats on being our newest member!
If you are on Facebook, we have a Devaron Base Members Only group you can join, and a public page to like.
What is your last name, since we have two Jessica’s, both who do Rey now!
Lim Onterra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh so exciting! I am so glad I checked my email one last time before bed! I Amadalia my last name is Skarzynski - I’m a fan of the public page but would love to join the private FB group too! Apologies in advance as I learn the ropes here, I’m just so over the moon to finally be a part of this group and to have the opportunity to spread the Star Wars love!!
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lim Onterra wrote:
Ahh so exciting! I am so glad I checked my email one last time before bed! I Amadalia my last name is Skarzynski - I’m a fan of the public page but would love to join the private FB group too! Apologies in advance as I learn the ropes here, I’m just so over the moon to finally be a part of this group and to have the opportunity to spread the Star Wars love!!

Welcome aboard!! We are very excited to have you! Very Happy
And those damn pants are such a pain lol glad you were able to nail down the color.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Devaron Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: