Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2739fcafbbfb99a11052d4ef0282babeMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Prairie Air Museum- Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Prairie Air Museum- Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A. Reply with quote

On September 22, members of the Midwest Base joined members of the Midwest Garrison and the R2-D2 Builders for an outing to the Prairie Air Museum in Bloomington, Illinois. The Air Museum invited all members to come out to their first ever “A Day At The Airport” event. This new event was an extension of the airports “Open Cockpit Days” held earlier in the year, and featured the museum’s collection of planes, as well as several other planes brought in to the museum for the day.

The Midwest Garrison was generously given a display table, which was used for a temporary tattoo station, and showing the 501st Rose Bowl Parade DVD. All of us took advantage of the warm weather and spent plenty of time walking around the outside displays, and stopping for lots of photos with kids and families. As well as helping apply lots of temporary tatoos to the never ending line of kids at the table.

The museum staff was very pleased with our participation, and has already asked us to be at next years event.

Rebel Legion members present:
Phyllis S. (Schph Gochi AT-695)
Kevin S. (cplBear AT-4271)
Deidra C. (Princess Dee AR-2210)

R2-D2 Builders members:
Darryl S. with R2-S5 and his daughter Sage.
Keith H. with R2-X13

501st members present:
Mark B. (BH-4265) and his wife Belinda
Steve V. (TI-5126) and his daughter Desiree
Kent H. (TI-1692)
Jim D. (TI-3853) and his wife Emily
Ryan S. (TK-2429)
Kevin K. (TK-3290)

The Air Museum’s web site

Midwest Base’s photo album

Photos from Darryl S.

Photos from Jim D.

Photos from Phyllis S.
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like everyone had fun Smile Love the planes! Yet .. another successful event for MWB! Great pics everyone!

But one thing does trouble me .... Phyllis where is your pilot gear girl? chickpilot You have the wrong gear on! We need to get you into "orange" Wink

This message has been brought to you by RL Starfighter Command & Rouge Squadron Laughing

Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Leia Organa wrote:
It looks like everyone had fun Smile Love the planes! Yet .. another successful event for MWB! Great pics everyone!

But one thing does trouble me .... Phyllis where is your pilot gear girl? chickpilot You have the wrong gear on! We need to get you into "orange" Wink

This message has been brought to you by RL Starfighter Command & Rouge Squadron Laughing

I figured that it is the RFT's (who were once pilots...and now are too old to fly anymore) that are the X-Wing flight instructors....lol...

that's my story...
and I am sticking to it...
Very Happy

me in the AM...yeah...like I can sit in that plane in Stormtrooper...

I found it GREAT fun to be in Stormtrooper in the morning and RFT in the afternoon...it was nice to change in the middle of the day and be "fresh" again...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I figured that it is the RFT's (who were once pilots...and now are too old to fly anymore) that are the X-Wing flight instructors....lol...

that's my story...
and I am sticking to it...

Ok Phyllis, I'll let you slide. Andrea on the other hand might not Laughing

Nice tk! tk It must be nice to mix it up some with your costumes. It sure would break up the day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: