Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ec16231d507cc8a4e91b9a4826041c5dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bail Organa - Tantive IV in progress
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahrken (Michael Dukes)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Bail Organa - Tantive IV in progress Reply with quote

Greetings Senators,
I've been looking into a Rebel addition to my resume since getting involved with the Legions & Mercs for nearly 3 years. Somewhere along the way, Bail was suggested as a good fit for my normal appearance, and I really like the Tantive IV look.

Having collected reference photos for a while, I tripped across a possible option to use as a start when having to replace my Imperial flight suit a few months ago from CosplaySky and this weekend it dropped in price to low enough price to take a gamble to see how it looks. I'm well aware that they don't always have the best track record, but I and a few friends have had decent luck with them and only needing minimal alteration to the fit.

I received notification this morning that it should be delivered on Monday and I can really look into what alterations and replacement parts are needed.

(I tried adding the screenshot of the ad, but the size was out of control)

At first glance, the main thing I see that will need replaced is the gauntlets, but the rest I'll reserve for once it arrives and I see what I actually receive and how it fits & looks on me.

I'm looking forward to working on this kit and getting feedback during the process.

Mike

WIP: Bail Organa - Tantive IV
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! I always love seeing more Bail costumers and I'm interested to see what your alteration process will look like.

I'm going to move this thread over to the "other dignitaries" sub-forum so more people will see this too.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
dahrken (Michael Dukes)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, One question I do have four other folks wearing Bail Organa costumes Is with a real shortage of LN-21 Blasters out there what is being used in its place as an approval blaster?

dahrken (Michael Dukes)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The package arrived! There is still a good bit of work ahead of me with this, but of course the excitement of a new project got the better of me and I had to kit up as it is. I apologize for the poor lighting.

I think I can pull off this look... (Blaster is a painted Rubies Padme with a coat of silver paint)

the.rebel.agent ()
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,
First of all, great to see another Bail walking around with us. Have been working on this version since last year. Used that costume last Celebration, but did not submit it cause I am still missing the blaster. BUT, I was able to contact a guy from SithPlanet.com ( what a domain ) and found that they are still have some of them. I just bought one from them. I will let you know when I receive it.

BTW, looking at the costume you bought, I will say you will have to do a lot of mods. Starting with the gauntlets, belt, holster. What is the color of the poncho?

IF you need anything, just let me know. I am in the process of re-do the poncho, and have to do a holster.
dahrken (Michael Dukes)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Celebration. did your family dress as the Organa family by chance? If yes, then I stopped you for a photo!

Even before ordering the kit, I was aware that the Gauntlets were never going to work. We have a plan in place to reproduce them in sintra/pvc much like mandalorian gauntlets.

The pleather belt & Holster will be used as a template for actual leather with a better matching shade of blue/grey.

The cape/poncho is a darker shade of grey that looks close in good daylight, but my early photos taken inside at night are far too dark to do any good.

The jacket has to be re-tailored a bit as they added an additional layer to simulate the hidden collarbone pockets as opposed to adding them directly.

We have an armor event tomorrow night as well as Sunday that I intend to participate in as we work on a full punch list.

I look forward to hearing about your blaster purchase and it's quality! I'm taking much of my research on the LN-21 to one of our propmakers to see if we can have it reproduced in either wood, or get a 3D model produced so I can print it.

Thanks for your input and assistance!

the.rebel.agent ()
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact we did. We were the Organa family. I will post some photo tutorials for you very soon. Have to upload them first.
dahrken (Michael Dukes)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my motivations since last April 🙂

Look forward to seeing your tutorials![/img]

the.rebel.agent ()
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, Google is not letting me share thumbnails from the albums, so I will post the link to them:

Gauntlets Making-of Album
https://photos.app.goo.gl/s0JeUDgFcOe7wnC92
Will re-do them. Got a better 3D parts for them.

Belt Making-of
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DF6y7gTZD3kXR2tH3

Boots Making-of
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bfAMu0dvLlTcznjz2
Got screen accurate boots when I traveled to the States last year. Chippewa Police Boots, which I will be modding very soon. Side logo should be engraved on the leather.
dahrken (Michael Dukes)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links! Do you also have a link for the 3D file for the logo that you can share?

the.rebel.agent ()
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahrken wrote:
Thanks for the links! Do you also have a link for the 3D file for the logo that you can share?

I did uploaded it to Shapeways, but I think It is private. Will make it public to print and post the link right away.
dahrken (Michael Dukes)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help & guidance!

the.rebel.agent ()
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Available in the best materials. From cheapest to expensive ones.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/A9WPLX6WT/bail-organa-belt-buckle-logo-1-0
dahrken (Michael Dukes)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Blaster can be a challenge to find, I attended a Garrison shop night with a section of 2x8 lumber in hand and a few reference photos blown up to a size that looked pretty accurate to my size. Our host is quite the craftsman! With his help and a few others, we closed up for the evening with this as our product so far. Very far from finished product, but amazing for a few hours of hanging out in the shop!

the.rebel.agent ()
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go! I was about to 3D modeling it, but since I don't have enough time right now, I decided to buy it.

Just in case you need more photos, I took these ones back in 2009, in Buenos Aires Exhibition

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F8rVFRgDmXRWt7ae8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: