Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6a5b8f7a0bf0c27994572948ea4b3a87Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hera Syndulla Phoenix Leader - Proposed Standard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenadd ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Hera Syndulla Phoenix Leader - Proposed Standard Reply with quote

Hi all, I originally posted this in Fringe/the TCW/Rebels reubforum but it has gotten no response. I know this costume was judged under pilots, so mybe it's more suited here? Hence the crosspost.

I know that there are a number of people working on this look at the moment and I have a feeling it may become a quiet favourite costume, so I thought that I would put forward a CRL proposal in the wake of my clearance. (Also I have never done this before so I am sure that the format will be all over the shop.)

My WIP thread is here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94174&highlight=hera+syndulla

Required items:

1. Lekku - Accurate light green coloured lekku with lighter pattern detailing.

2. Make-up - Light green body paint on the face and neck to match lekku base colour. Make-up should be smooth and well-blended and not splotchy.

3. Flightcap - White or off-white cap fitted close to the head with 'sleeves' for lekku and earcaps. Central panels should be quilted or stitched.

4. Flightsuit - Red flightsuit with shoulder yoke, angled seam and panel detailing across the abdomen with a split waistband and central front zip placket. Applique patch or pockets at the breast below the shoulder yoke (mostly hidden by flightvest). Back torso has centre back seam to the shoulder yoke. Wide sitting stand collar with pointed fastening tha slopes from the back to the front. Sleeves bell out over the lower arm and gather into a cuff, with rectangular pockets on the upperarm. Centre back of legs has a narrow panel up to the waistband. Legs are gathered into a cuff just below the knee, with Two applique pockets on the rear, integrated pockets at the hip, notched rectangular applique patches or pockets on the mid thigh and angled applique patches above the cuff over the knee. Flightsuit should be well fitted and not baggy around the waist per the animation model.

5. Flightvest - Off-white flightvest with a grey base visible at the base of the straps at the front and back. 8 padded channels down the front chestpiece; 1 large padded rectangle at the centr back. Shoulder straps are also padded with the black chestbox webbing integrated. A strap runs the width of the back panel and fastens to either side of the front panel. Flightvest should end at the base of the ribcage.

6. Chestbox - Small black rectangular chest box proportionate with the flightvest: Should start around the second channel of the flightvest and end around the sixth channel. Chestbox features: two rectangular panels on the left and right, a lower central panel with three oval channels and two white rectangular buttons; a raised upper central panel with a round black button with white edging and blue square button with white edging. Attached to the flightvest with integrated black webbing.

7. Sock - Pale grey half tube with matching grey endcaps with black filled half circle and line detailing. Central strap across the centre front of the sock with secure stitch detailing and grey 'emergency tab' attached. Attached and integrated to the black chestbox. Sock should end roughly parallel with the base of the flightvest.

8. Belt - White belt skimming over the hips to the waist, sitting slightly below the flightvest waistband. False centre front fastening rectangle with triangular stitch detailing on either side. No visible fastening. Webbing attaches at the left and right to rectangular white webbing boxes.

9. Webbing - White webbing matching the belt. Attaches to the sides of the belt, and runs down the sides of both legs to above the knee. Loops loosely around the leg. Is held at the sides by rectangular white 'webbing boxes'.

10. Gloves - Rich brown gauntlet style gloves in leather or faux leather that end at mid-forearm. Wide wrist strap on each gloves with two silver/grey studs and central circular silver/grey greeblie with black inner circle.

11. Boots - Brown leather or faux leather boots with low heel and dark sole, with footguard. Footguard should have a large central silver/grey panel with narrower brown panels at either side and silver/grey circular 'fasteners' on either side. Matching calf-length spats covered by flightsuit cuff. No skin should be visible. No fastenings should be visible. Left spat should have matching holdout blaster holster

Optional items:

1. Helmet - Half helmet that slots over the front of the face in front of lekku. No visible attachment to hold in place. Visible brown padding in the mandibles. Clear and colourless half visor skimming over the crown of the helmet. Mandible length should skim the chin; the crown should sit a little forward of the lekku. Earforms are hexagonal. should feature an accurate paint scheme and detailing, including: pale grey base colour, darker grey detailing; bright red central panel and lining on crown with yellow and pale pink lines; victory decal detailing on ears; yellow and black anti-tie insignia on either side of the crown; notches engraved in earforms; carved detailing lines per the animated model on the mandibles.

2. Green contact lenses

3. Blaster - Accurate Blurrg class blaster.

Reference images:

Please note that the only turnaround currently available is the generic Phoenix Squadron model. The upper body is accurate to hera. The lower body is not. I have requested a Hera Phoenix Leader turnaround from Tracy Cannobio, and she has told me that she is working on it. In the meantime, these are the most useful screencaps. I have a vast collection so I can add many more if needed, but the lighting in the episode is Very Dramatic and unhelpful!

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna need an alien judge to comment on the alien parts of this, but the pilot costume parts of this are sounding pretty good to me.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: