Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=00fbdc3f9dc84873205d278fcf04f58dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Flemish Generic Resistance Pilot Project ... W.I.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Phoenix Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B1. Glie-44
Today (Wed. 16 May 2018), went to Roeselare (Belgium) to pick up the Nerf Glie-44 Blaster that i had order.

... i could not wait, and started to remove, logo's, texts. Sanded the seams ... and prepared for the next steps.
- - - - -
Today Fri. 18 May 2018, i went shopping for epoxy stick, epoxy primer and paint.

- Epoxy Stick (Bison) the professional version. The reason i use this stick, the sand is softer, it knead better and no clumps, like in the commercial version. Bought this at Demashop, Roeselare (Belgium).
Why not Pattex Epoxy, my opinion, it's crap. My personal favorite is from the brand Magnum, but i can't find it anymore.
- Epoxy Primer, this is something new from Motip. I got last year a few samples of this product. I love/like it ... a lot. It fits for all kinds of plastics, even PE plastic.
- Black Bumberspray, mat (Motip).
- Autolack, some kind Champagne/Grey (Motip)
... bought at Mateco, Roeselare (Belgium).
- - - - -
Last night (Fri. 18 May 2018), sanded the Glie-44, and made it ready to paint.

... i have taped the two very small led stripes
- - - - -
Today (Wed. 23 May 2018), after put the helmet in primer, i put first layer of primer on the blaster. The blaster will need another layer of primer.

- - - - -
Paint it black (Fri. 25 May 2018) ...

... next step will be taping, for the final paint job.
- - - - -
Last weekend (Sat. 26 & Sun. 27 May 2018), that's the luxery of bad public transportation, i have time to work on this project.
After black painting, taped the parts that don't need to be painted in the grey/champagne color, and painted the blaster in grey/champagne.

... next step, when i find it is brushing black paint powder on the blaster, and then varnishing it.
- - - - -

... removed the tape (Tue. 29 May 2018), all i need to do is weathering (with black paint powder and varnish.
- - - - -
For the weathering ... i used a mix of black paint (i didn't found powder) + water + dish soap + towel paper + HG sticker remover + piece of cloth + clear varnish. I used tips and tricks from The Darth Hair

And finito (Mon. 4 June 2018).
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm; edited 11 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H. Helmet (option).
Last evening (Thu. 17 May 2018) started to strip the helmet, and prepared for sanding ...

- - - - -
Today (Fri. 18 May 2018), after i did the household tasks i started with sanding of the helmet ...

- - - - -
Today (Sat. 19 May 2018) ... sanded the last bits, and made some adjusments to the right cheek piece. So it looks more accurate, is it perfect, don't know, but it looks a lot better.

That grey thing, i don't know what the correct term for that part, for those who knows it, please tell me. About that grey, from the movie pictures, i see that this thing sticks out of the helmet.
So i cut and sanded, made a plate for mounting inside the helmet, and glue everything.

... and it sticks out.
To glue, i always use this ...

... because this helmet is made with PE plastic, and not all glues will work, i always put some glue primer on, and use this Epoxy glue of Axson A135, these two products i bought at K.N.S. (Roeselare, Belgium). I use these products since my first (2008) prop builds.

... after put the right shell back, i cleaned, and prepared for paint.
I'm still struggle with the colors, and decalls.
- - - - -
Weird weather today (Sun 21 May 2018), i put everything outside for painting, but Thor visited me, so i moved everything back inside, it cleared in the late afternoon, and up coming days no nice weather, so i have to wait until the gods offers nice weather to paint.

But, i didn't do nothing ... started to think about coloring the helmet + what decals to use.
- - - - -
Today (Wed. 23 May 2018):
With the weird weather outside, asked permit to paint in the shed. Put plastic on the walls/table/floor/ceiling, to avoid issues home.

... primer
- - - - -
Coloring (Fri. 25 May 2018) the bucket, white ... it will need a final layer and then taping.

Starting to paint with somekind of orange ...

... these pieces need to be taped for other colors.
I still didn't make/made decals.
- - - - -
(Mon. 28 May 2018)
It wasn't easy to paint with this paint, it's the first time i use this type of paint, so i have to learn to paint with.

... right ear + left ear + forehead ...

Owkay, i had first take pictures, and then put tape on. Snorry !!!
- - - - -
... with Omnimar in the background, did some work on the helmet (Tue. 29 May 2018). Continue taping the parts that don't need
painted in red, and painted the parts red that needed to be painted in red. Hmmm Red In The Sky Is Ours (At The Gates).

And also painted the other parts in some bling bling gold stuff.

These are the cans i use for this helmet ...

Just same issue for the blaster, i need to find black paint powder for the weathering. But this is an issue for the upcoming days.
- - - - -

... put (Thu. 31 May 2018) the last color on the helmet.
- - - - -
Fri. 31 May 2018, a final white paint layer. Start the clean up, removing the tape, and start to paint/re-paint the damages of the tape, or spots that need some extra paint.

- - - - -
Mon. 4 June 2018, weathering the helmet and varnish it.

- - - - -
Tue. 5 June 2018, the future decals:

1. will appear on the backside of the helmet on the small mohawk.
2. will appaer on the front of blast shield, and at the back of the helmet.
3. will appear on the ear parts of the helmet, i need to have something rock n roll and my love fore skulls.
4. will also appaer on the blast shield (front). I made an small adjustments to this design, because it would be to difficult and expensive to make a decal of this.
5. this will appear on the back/left of the helmet (STAY ON TARGET).
6. this will appear on the back/right of the helmet (REBEL SCUM).
I sended all the designs to Pixel2Vector, they will put it for me into vector files, so it will be easy to print in decals.
- - - - -
Sat. 16 June 2018 ... soldered the wires that came loose during the build + re-installed the inner helmet.

Next week, put the decals.
- - - - -
Mon. 18 June 2018 ... decals. I went to pick them up, and put on the helmet, and sprayed final layer(s) of varnish, this to protect and dim the glossy of the decals.

... with this, i can say this part of the project is ready.
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:46 pm; edited 10 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J1. Signal Flares

... this afternoon (Thu. 31 May 2018) started to prepare the signal flares, clean up + drilled holes. And made something to handle the flares.
Spray the first layer of putty, it will need a few layers. I know what to do the up coming days.
- - - - -
Thu. 7 June 2018, sprayed few layers of epoxy primer on the flares.

- - - - -
Sat. 9 June 2018, painting

- - - - -
Sun. 10 June 2018, varnish ... i will varnish a few layers so the shining reduce.

- - - - -
Teusday 12 June 2018

... ready, up to the next stage. The Bandolier.
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1. Chest Box
Started to prepare the chest box, it,s 3D printed, but the box didn't fit in the whole, so i had to sand.

- - - - -

... bought today this meter, for the belt clip. I could order a belt clip, but to be honest, it's cheaper this way.
- - - - -
Sunday 10 June 2018

... put the belt clip on the chestbox. And sanded the center, i think someting went wrong during printing, the center box didn't fit, had a lot issues to get it straight as possible.
Next step, go to Kortrijk for a green led > pre-install > paint (primer, color, varnish). + hose.
- - - - -
To avoid an explosionn, i order today (Monday 11 June 2018) this ...

... to put in the chestbox.
- - - - -
Tue 12 May 2018, put the chestbox for the first time in primer, to see if i will need filler. 3D prints are cool, but an hell to paint ...

... and it will need filler.
- - - - -
Sat 16 May 2018,first spray putty + sanding, then expoy primer + sanding ... and start to paint.

Centerbox, spray putty + sanding + expoy primer + primer + painte + varnish ...

- - - - -
Sat 23 May 2018 ... the weathering + varnishing

And now waiting for the led light stuff.
- - - - -
Wed. 4 Juli 2018 ... back in business the led has arrived today.

started to make a whole on the back of the chestbox to place the battey holder/led, my advice, on thingiverse you can find hollow 3D chestbox, but i continue with what i have.

it fits, now clean up and shorten the cable.
Jut like Kiss screams "rock and roll"
- - - - -
Sat. 14 July 2018 ... still busy with the build.

... to install the led, i have to wait until i have the tools back, lent them.
- - - - -
Sat. 21 July 2018 ... tools back.

... fixed the led, by making the wires shorter, and put an on/off button. glue everything in the chest box, and put backplate on it, and clean the box.

... and the chest box is ready.
- - - - -

'appy'appy
joy joy
another chapter of this build finito.

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:26 pm; edited 10 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Shoes/Boots.
Thu 7 June 2018 ...

... started to adjust the boots, cut of the calf. I watched many pictures, and notice the size of Poe's boot, so i went to a shoemaker he will remove a little bit more, sew. The shiny think on the heel, will be removed and replaced with something black.
- - - - -

Sat 16 June 2018 ... i went to the shoemaker, to see the progress. He wasn't ready, he still had to begin with it. Wednesday 20 June 2018, will they be ready.
- - - - -
Wednesday 28 June 2018 ... last week, he was not ready + he didn't follow the direction i told him to do. I had explain everything with hands and feets, and pictures. He cutted the calf 2cm shorter, and insted sewing a black p-leather piece over the shiny heel, he put some ugly fabric over it, with an horrible stitching. He had to remove that fabric + ugly stiching, from the heel and could wistle after his money. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Alice Cooper).
I decided to do it myself, like a real Straight Edge/Hardore dude would do (thanks Ian MacKaye for the teachin).

First i sanded (sandpaper 400) but very carefully, so that i don't damage the heel of the boot, it was the last one size 46 i found. Than with some oldschool black alcohol markers i colored the heels, then with black lack marker, and then with black ink. Each time when i colored, i wipe with a piece of cloth and let the ink dry out, and finishe with varnish. And wonderfully it worked.

cross the fingers and pray to the gods of walhalla it stays like this.
And, so i finished another part of this build.
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Khepry (Jan Wilms)
Phoenix Base CO
Phoenix Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is practically a "How-to" guide Very Happy
awesome work Stijn Smile
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khepry wrote:
This is practically a "How-to" guide Very Happy
awesome work Stijn Smile

Thanks, this is the meaning ... sharing.
I did this also for other builds in the pilot section.

W.I.P. thread in the section of the pilots helps a lot. For tips and tricks, advices, where what to get. Also, when something is wrong they inform you, or help.

For each part of this build, i read over and over again how the others did, and ask questions, to be sure. This is the beauty of Rebel Legion, helping and supporting each other.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J2. Bandolier.

Collecting the gear, to make the bandolier.
- Straps, i bought case straps from Action for less than 2 Euro, it's lot cheaper than order it fron Strapworks.
- Thread/Velcro ... are from Veritas.
Still need ... screws + rings.
- - - - -
Sunday 10 June 2018
Started the preparation of the straps, first made an cut template.

Cut straps, and with a lighter i burn the cutting thread. Cut velcro. Prepare for the screw wholes, to attach the flares.
- - - - -
Sat. 16 June 2018, continue with the mis-en-place for sewing the bandolier. So that Laysay doesn't loose time by fishing out how what works.

I used 4mm revits (Viva Naaiatelier, Ieper), 3mm screws/rings/nuts (Euroshop, Roeselare). Also i am blessed with a dad with a huge tool collection.
- - - - -
Sun 19 August 2018 ... finally went to Laysay for to sew.

... and so this has also ended.

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A2. Hose
About the hose ... with help of Rebel Legion Pilots, i found out the origin of this hose, that it's used for boats. 20MM UNREINFORCED FLEXIBLE FUEL FILLER HOSE ... it's available in the U.K. i contacted a few times the shop, but they didn't answer.
- - - - -
Friday 22 June 2018

Went to pick up the final part, for this part of the build, it,s a 3D print of the hose adapter. I also painted the details on the chestbox, next step is the weathering, and waiting for the led.
- - - - -
Sat. 23 June 2018 ... the hose. Believe it or not, but i will have an accurate one. For those who knows me, i have health issues, and during summertime, i go often to Nieuwpoort for oxygen therapy, and while i am there i go to the beach.

I know a fisherman (don't worry i am still a vegetarian, i don't eat fish), and with a picture i went asking if he knew this hose, and he knew that part.
Today, around noon i got an e-mail from him, where i can order a hose. So in the near future (i hope) to recieve the hose.
But in the meanwhile enough stuff to do ... started to adjust 3D hose adapter, putty / primer and ready to paint.

- - - - -
Sunday 24 June 2018 ...

... it's painted / some weathering and varnishing. And now waiting for the hose.
- - - - -
Today (Friday 29 June 2018), i went to pick up the hose (TUBANO Radiator Hoses). And made it chestbox ready.

another part is ready.
- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress Project Update
A1. Chest Box < ready
A2. Hose < ready
B1. Glie-44 (option) < ready
B2. Holster (option) < ready
C. Gloves < ready
D. Leg Straps
E. Boots < ready
F1. Flight Vest
F2. Chest Plate
F3. Pouch
G. Dark Orange Flightsuit
H. Helmet (option) < ready
I. Ejection Harnass < ready
J1. Signal Flares < ready
J2. Bandolier < ready
X. Blue Rankbadge < ready
X. Red Rankbadge < ready
X. Coded Com Link < ready
- - - - -
updated: Sun. 19 August 2018

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K. Extra ...
This is totally not needed, but just as an extra item and fun.
Order: Monday 18 June 2018
Recieved: Friday 13 July 2018

... Coded Comlink that Poe used, and with it Electro Shock Prod.
- - - - -
Sat. 14 July 2018

... prepare + primer + paint the parts

... comlink, painted / weathered / varnished, and ready.

For the Electro Shock Prod >>> http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98652

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do ...

- Finish the chestbox (install led), as soon i have my tools back, that i lent out.
- Finish Electro Shock Prod. (install led), as soon i have my tools back, that i lent out.
- Finish leg bandolier ... it's ready to sew.

+ search for helping hands, for the measurments for the flight suit / flight vest.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work In Progress update:

... today (Sunday 19 August 2018) finished the leg bandolier.

Next step is the flightsuit / flightvest / chestplate ... but first safe some money.

+ find someone that can help me with the measurments.
+ someone with a Facebook account, to get an E-Mail adres.

I think somewhere in Nov. 2018 start to order parts for the final steps.
Khepry (Jan Wilms)
Phoenix Base CO
Phoenix Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am REALLY happy to see you still working on costumes Stijn Very Happy
looks really nice ^^
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeps still busy ... busy with the researches.
And meanwhile saving money ... for the next orders.

And asking around for help with the measurments.
And, then asking someone with a facebook account to pick up an e-mail.

And, looking for a next project ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Phoenix Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: