Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2c27b9a93d4171b45b159eb125d02c9dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Librarian Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fidgit (Melinda Deal)
Denali Outpost CO
Denali Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Jedi Librarian Questions Reply with quote

So I saw the new standard for Jedi librarian. My dream come true! I am trying to figure out if I can modify my current Generic Jedi (done in Librarian style) to fit new standard. Few questions for clarification...

For the skirt, when you say floor length is it literally touching the floor or do we have a few inches to play with. I always ask this question when I see/hear floor length being used.

Footwear with skirt. Am I correct in assuming that boots are not needed? I can wear coordinating flats or similar? Of course following the guidelines of closed toe and low heeled.

Pouch. https://i.imgur.com/T1FeIA2l.jpg Is this good to use? The color works nicely with my current color scheme and it fits my inhaler and other essentials. The leather straps would need adjusting or replacing most likely...
Training Rey
PDKit (Joy)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You make mention of Libarian standards - can you point me to them? I have looked, but, have not been able to track them down.

Thanks - joy
Jedi - Prahl D’Willah Kasik
Just Ducky (Jessie Lynch)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDKit wrote:
Hi,

You make mention of Libarian standards - can you point me to them? I have looked, but, have not been able to track them down.

Thanks - joy

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/jedi-librarian-archivist-historian/ <--Those are the new standard for archivist/historian/librarian

I've actually started planning my own Jedi Librarian design, and was wondering the same things, especially around the skirt length and the shoes/boots.

My plan was to have it brush the floor when I'm wearing the correct boots, without dragging on the ground. It'll be a bit of a balancing act to get it to sit right. Were you planning on using a crinoline or any sort of structure under the skirt to give it a look similar to Jocasta, or were you going with a less fluffed out skirt?
Jedi Knight - Jayjan Thek
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - Fable "Needles" Thek (Human), Kara'tau Daucus (Twi'lek)
Twi'lek Jedi Librarian - Phine'aduula Brolen

WIP: Battle Handmaid, Clone Pilot, Blue Squad Pilot, Snowspeeder Pilot
ionicdesign (Michael)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 7 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Near to the floor as possible but without endangering your person.

As to footwear that would depend a little on the skirt. If it is long enough to hide them completely while standing and moving it wouldn't really matter. If they show then the look is important.

The pouch is close but the surface and maybe shape aren't quite a match. It may be fine with the whole ensemble, would have to see it together.

Jen from our Base helped with final refinements to the standard and was the first approved:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=17374&bu=%2Fbase.php%3Fb%3D92%26i%3D1%26s%3Dc&bl=Takodana+Base+costumes
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayjan Thek wrote:

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/jedi-librarian-archivist-historian/ <--Those are the new standard for archivist/historian/librarian

Thank you
Joy
Jedi - Prahl D’Willah Kasik
Fidgit (Melinda Deal)
Denali Outpost CO
Denali Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture of my current costume. I was experimenting with the librarian variation from my generic jedi approved costume (took off jedi belt and added a bag).

https://i.imgur.com/b2PFHp1l.jpg

I prefer the simple skirt without crinoline or anything poofy under it. All I am doing is redoing the waist band so I can drop the skirt the few extra inches to be closer to the ground. It's currently a wrap skirt, but I might add an elastic waist band instead and let the bottom look like a wrap but the top of it not actually be one.

I decided to keep my currently approved boots. They are waterproof, so it makes sense for the outdoor troops. Late summer is a bit soggy in South-central Alaska.

Pouch okay? Or is it a no go?

Thanks ionicdesign for your tips. My generic Jedi WIP from this past summer was done in the librarian style, and was temporarily high jacked with starting the librarian standards. So I was trying to make my generic jedi as close as possible as the ideas that were being bantered around. If I knew we were going for floor length, I would have done it back then, but I was trying to be practical for Alaskan winters. Smile
Training Rey
Leroni (Leroni)
Rebel Legion Translation Team

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

The standard says:

Big brown suede pouch on below the obi rounded and gathered with a thick cord at the top (drawstring type).

What means your pouch is o.k.

yours
leroni
LCJ Support Staff 2016/2017
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Fidgit (Melinda Deal)
Denali Outpost CO
Denali Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice way back when. Now I am looking at adding to the costuming and/or modifying it.

Today's quest: Librarian tools, the straps and rings. How exact to the Jocasta details do I need to be since I am a generic librarian?

1. Would the color in the main leather be considered too dark for the straps? Standard says medium brown???

2. Could I use rivets to secure the end of the strap by the ring? I think they look cool. Or snaps?

3. May I use a D-ring instead of a circle for the one that holds double? I have a bunch of these and they are brass colored and I would love to use them...

And random question about tool usage? What were they supposed to do? Do they just hang off the obi or am I supposed to be able to take them off and on easily?????

Thanks much!
Training Rey
Zxielle ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following this as I am just starting work in my Archivist.
And a question. How are the tools and lightsaber hilt attached to the costume as there is no belt?
ionicdesign (Michael)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fidgit wrote:

And random question about tool usage? What were they supposed to do? Do they just hang off the obi or am I supposed to be able to take them off and on easily?????

Zxielle wrote:
Following this as I am just starting work in my Archivist.
And a question. How are the tools and lightsaber hilt attached to the costume as there is no belt?

On those we've done we have a thin, small belt under the obi that is where the soft pouch and or any tools hang from (like Jocasta).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: