Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ce5d97e76141f88bddbf27c540192ec0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New] Han Solo - Solo: A Star Wars Story
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gellendros wrote:
kman wrote:
gellendros wrote:
What is the answer in regards to the pants? Which pair of pants should one go with? I am working on this costume and the pants are my next piece to work on.

What is the question regarding the pants? Other than the new bloodstripes, they're very simple. Straight up dark blue pants. No pintuck seam, no riding seam. Normal jeans-style belt loops, nothing othersize or odd.

It's the brick vinyl bloodstripes that are tough.

My question is which pants go with the suede jacket? The blue with red blood stripe or the black with grey/tan blood stripe?

The pants with tan stripes were never worn in the film. They were part of an earlier costume concept that got dropped. Not clear why they showed up on display in some places... I guess they needed to fill a lot of display cases.

The *only* pants were very dark blue, with red blood stripes. The material was glossy, which kicks back a lot of light, so the reflections seen have produced quite a lot of confusion, especially in conjunction with the heavy weathering.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a concrete answe on the jacket shoulders? I ordered balck to be safe but my jacket came in midnight blue. I need to know if I need to try and see if it can be replaced or what. Please any help here would be great. It’s really got me worried. I want to make sure I can have this approved.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTSAnakin wrote:
Is there a concrete answe on the jacket shoulders? I ordered balck to be safe but my jacket came in midnight blue. I need to know if I need to try and see if it can be replaced or what. Please any help here would be great. It’s really got me worried. I want to make sure I can have this approved.

There is fierce debate about whether the shoulder panels are black or super dark blue. I would imagine both would be acceptable, but you'll want a costume just to confirm, especially since I don't think the Standard has been finalized yet. Not sure if they can chime in during elections, though, so it's *possible* there could be some delay, if election rules prevent it. (Not sure, so just pointing out the possibility)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to date!

Here are some optional items I'd like to allow if we can. Many standards allow for subtle zippers on boots, and when a canon color is easily mistaken for another, reasonable shades of both are accepted.

-Dark blue for shoulder panels

-Very grayish slate blue for the shirt

-"If a zipper is present, it is subtle and located on the inside of the boot."

Commanding Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment
2017/18: DXO DB94, BMO Freedom Base

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
Indy Magnoli (Indy Magnoli)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would specify "Midnight Blue" as an alternate to the black shoulder panels, not "Dark Blue". Midnight is generally a darker, duller blue.

Would leather bloodstripes be acceptable? I see current standards are calling for "heat transfer vinyl or similar"... would leather be "similar"? We're currently looking at a practical long-lasting solution for accurate pants. I thought dark red leather would look the part, but also last a long time and might be a little more versatile than vinyl. What do you think?

UPDATE: Looking at using rubber for the side stripes... we've used these for detailed pieces on our Star Lord gloves and they hold up very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: