Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=375e3a92ab6ab92f41cf678568be1db8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blue night dress..should I do it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alphie33 (Allee)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Blue night dress..should I do it? Reply with quote

Hi all! I made the blue night dress for fun, and am thinking about possibly remaking it in the future for RL standards. Can I just get some feedback on it? I really enjoyed wearing it, and it was surprisingly comfortable! Link to google album here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/83O6qGPcgvRIe6k82

I don't have any pics of just me, so enjoy my Darth Phantom (of the opera) as well.

The stitching was all done by hand, as well as the bottom hem.

Last edited by Alphie33 (Allee) on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sothis (Alyona)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your link is not working. It shows error 404. Maybe it's only for me, but you could try to check it once again.
Alphie33 (Allee)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sothis wrote:
Your link is not working. It shows error 404. Maybe it's only for me, but you could try to check it once again.

I edited if! Sorry about that!
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that looks great! Should you do it for RL standards?? Of course! You know you want to!!

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Alphie33 (Allee)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charybdis wrote:
wow, that looks great! Should you do it for RL standards?? Of course! You know you want to!!

You're totally right, i definitely do. What all should I change or upgrade though? Any feed back would be great
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your progress on this in the Padme group and you have done an absolutely phenomenal job on it. You look amazing. If you are happy with it, keep it as is. If you want it for RL, then there may be a few things you may need to fix but submit it and see. It could be nothing needs altering at all. Either way, absolutely beautiful work!

In progress/planning: SW 7 Leia, Clone Wars Padme Amidala
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Alphie33 (Allee)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:
I saw your progress on this in the Padme group and you have done an absolutely phenomenal job on it. You look amazing. If you are happy with it, keep it as is. If you want it for RL, then there may be a few things you may need to fix but submit it and see. It could be nothing needs altering at all. Either way, absolutely beautiful work!

Omg. That means so much to me you have no idea. I definitely want to fix the top up a bit, but other than that I feel pretty good about it. Is there a way to view approved costumes to compare it to? My only other concern is the back drape, but I feel like if I readjust and recenter it on my dress form rather than my own body, it would look way better.
Yumi ()
French Base CO
French Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alphie33

You work is great, if you want to submit it you'll need to have the back jewelry, may be the cap is a bit too long ? Can't see really on your photos.
You need to "look pregnant".
Don't hesitate to post others photos (details shots) so we can help you to spot out the little things you need to change.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see you have done some nice work on this. Smile

I'd mostly be concerned about the puckering along the faggot stitching and the 'waterfall' on the back. Definitely see if you can straighten that out so it looks neater.
I also think the strings of pearls are a bit long, so you could shorten them a bit.
And as Yumi said, there's the missing pearls on the back and the pregnancy bump.

But don't worry; the faggot stitching on the back is optional, so you don't have to add any more of that to the gown. Wink

Good luck with it and let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: