Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d51baa8c96bcdd887fef6ff01f0c2f68Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP Leia ANH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Danieriz Orozqui ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: WIP Leia ANH Reply with quote

I'm new here and I'm working on my Leia suit. Could you help me with your comments? I really appreciate it!

NoeSkywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! Amazing costume!!
I think that is very very beautiful!!
But the belt, what kind of material are the pieces of the belt??
And the closing of the belt I think that must to be 4 white buttons.
accioveronica (Veronica J)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I think you're off to a great start. You look lovely! If you're looking for Legion approval, I might guess the judges will have you alter your belt plates, as I believe they should have cover buttons over them where the "circles" are.

Also, not sure how picky your judge will be, but they might also have you remove the horizontal strips across your boots.

Best of luck!
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! this is a great start, this is a super iconic and fun costume!!!!!

some things to consider:

1) It looks like your sleeves have top stitching which should be removed- I am not sure if there is some on your bottom hem of your dress as well? I think maybe these stitches are here because the dress is not self-lined which it should be for approval.

2) Your belt plates look really thin- they should be made of metal and the circle parts should stand out- a lot of people use button covers for these

3) When submitting make sure you have blousing from all angles over your belt

4) Your hood looks a bit long and looks like it is attached past your mid-shoulder line in the front, it should probably be placed so that it starts back a bit more and shortened so it hits the top of your rear a few inches below the belt.

5) The belt shape is a bit off - here are some screen images of the belt to help:
http://caps.pictures/197/7-starwars4/full/star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-10359.jpg
http://caps.pictures/197/7-starwars4/full/star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-10857.jpg
http://caps.pictures/197/7-starwars4/full/star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-11613.jpg
http://www.padawansguide.com/leia_newhope/pages/leia_newhope3.htm

6) From the photos the boots and back key hole opening are hard to see- it looks like your hood may have a back stitch up the middle? The hood should be open in the back so it is basically a long rectangle.

7) I would also encourage looking into hair-nets which I know a lot of people use to reduce fly-aways.

Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice costume ! You look great in it.

I think Joy covered it pretty much.
I'll just add regarding the lining that it helps keeping warmth Wink (and from what I've been said, a bra also help for warmth, just make sure to pick a nude color one as white fabric can tend to be letting colours show througth it, depending on the ambiant light).
I think it's not negligible given most of the senatorial and ceremonial Leia's I know are cold when wearing their costumes during winter, specially when needing to go outside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: