Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1cca894748d1f72da6e0c77af8a2eda6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Senatorial belt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evertfreid ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Senatorial belt. Reply with quote

My wife has been working on her senatorial Leia for a few months all she's missing is the belt. I'd like to surprise her with one for our anniversary and I wanted some feed back on if this one I found on etsy could meet approval or where I could possibly find one for her? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/278757722/princess-leia-belt-white-or-silver?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=princess Leia belt&ref=sr_gallery-1-31
accioveronica (Veronica J)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm no judge, but I know that you should be cautious when purchasing from an online seller - the judges really look for how the costume and the pieces fit the wearer.

Not sure if you're interested in making your own belt for her, either. There are tonnes of tutorials out there with different methods that I can link you. Personally, I used two strips of Marine Vinyl from Joanns, sewed them together, and topstitched. I got an aluminum sheet from the hardware store and cut out the plates out from a template somewhere on the forum here. Then I used size 45 cover buttons that I also got from Joanns.
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belts from this seller have required modification for approval in the past- we can never say until we see the item on the person if it should or should not be changed but I would encourage you to look for a belt with a more gradual curve on the upper section instead of the deep "u" seen in the photos and a more refined center plate.

Kay-Dee has a great belt and is a good reference to use when shopping around to give you a rough idea of the shape we are looking for.

Screen used belt: http://www.padawansguide.com/leia_newhope/pages/leia_newhope3.htm

Kay-Dee: http://kay-dee.net/costumes/leia_anh/jedi-academy/leia_anh_bel22.jpg

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: