Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fdfcda640d0c0e4574394ead321b70fcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

St. Cecilia Cathedral Centennial Parade - Omaha - 10/06/07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: St. Cecilia Cathedral Centennial Parade - Omaha - 10/06/07
Event: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:00 pm

I've been asked to contact the Legion here and ask, nay beg for participation from the Rebel side of things. I think I will just post what was on the 501st Central boards. This is a lot of info, but worth it to read!

Fellow troopers,

We've been invited to participate in the "largest parade to be held in Omaha this year". I know this is last minute, but the lines of communication were a little crossed for a bit. Regardless, I have recently made contact with the parade coordinator and here is the information I have so far:

Start Location: Mutual of Omaha Parking Lot (35th & Dodge St)
Set-up/Assembly time: 2:00PM
Placement: 8th Division
Parade Start Time: 3:00PM
Parade End Time: 4:00 - 4:15 or so
Additional information: "There will be a Laidlaw bus available to shuttle you back to your cars, or, if hungry or thirsty, their is an ethnic food festival starting at 4:30, a beer garden, and other cool beverages available."

From my understanding there are supposed to be over 100 entries in this parade. I don't know what 8th Division means. The parade coordinator is going to be dropping off the parade packet today or tomorrow. When I have that I'll scan it in and you'll know what I know. This would be a great opportunity to get those less active members in the area out trooping!

On a side note, I'm not planning on limiting costume representation this year. If you've got it, wear it! We'll make it work.

Oh, and here's the information I found about this parade, courtesy of KETV.com

KETV.com wrote:
Trace the steps of 10,000 men and women who marched from 19th & Farnam to 40th and Burt Streets on October 6th, 1907. Our parade, just as one hundred years ago, will celebrate the diversity of all those who came to Omaha seeking a new life. The Vanguard of the parade will begin from the historic starting point at 2:30 p.m. meeting marching bands, ethnic groups, horse and buggies and antique autos at Mutual of Omaha at 3:00 p.m. All will converge at the Cathedral Plaza to celebrate the laying of the Cathedral Cornerstone. Don't miss it--you wont see a parade like this for another one hundred years!

Okay, just to let you guys and gals know how much they want us I'll tell you a little story.

Once upon a time...

I just contacted the parade coordinater this morning. I received a response with half an hour. I sent my address in my first e-mail because a lot of times there will be information mailed. In her e-mail she asked me to verify my address so that she could stop by and drop off the parade packet. I responded that my address was correct as posted and proceeded to make this post. Upon completion of the above post I went outside and got the mail. The parade packet was already in there!

The End.

Okay, I think I should also mention that the person responsible for us being in the parade is a certain Spider-Man some of us met at Krypton Comics. Dan has been really supportive of us. He's also the Jedi we met at Nuke-Con, and invited us to help support his karate school a while back.

Also, since this parade is intended to support diversity I think it would be good policy to invite the Jedi out as well. We're all fans and you can't have a good lightsaber battle with just Sith. What fun is that? Razz
Rob, if I could ask for your assistance in contacting the Rebel Legion, I'd really appreciate it.

Here is all of the information I've received so far. If you plan to attend, please read it all carefully as you will be quized later... Okay, maybe not. So, here goes:

I apologize for the clarity of this one, but this is what I got, too. For reference, the road that runs between the "PARKING" area and "Parade Assembly Lot" area perpendicular to Dodge St, connecting Dodge and Farnam is 35th Avenue.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go Central Base! We need a Rebel presence to balance the 501st! wink2

We are looking for a Jedi specifically! I can be a Jedi, but then there wouldn't be a Sith to battle! Sad
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Rob, can't help with this one. Heather has my robes and is going to eventually re-sew or re-do them for me and I'm not finished with the RFT yet.
sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Heather and I are out of town that weekend getting our pirate on.

Jeff, Heather and you need to get together to discuss the robes thing! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: