About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d578544c37bb2cfb8fa9f9bdb579a680Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2007 CO nomination thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: 2007 CO nomination thread Reply with quote

Base Members,

The time has come again to nominate and vote for commanding officer for the 2007-2008 year. Nominations will be taken on this thread from 9/15/07 through 9/30/07. According to the RL charter, the following procedures must be followed so PLEASE READ:

1. The current CO automatically is nominated to keep his/her position unless they post their intention not to run again. They must post between now and 9/30 to do so.

2. All nominations MUST be seconded by another member of the base to be accepted as an official nomination (You may nominate/vote yourself for a position if you wish). If the CO wishes to run again, he/ she does not need to be seconded.

3. Nominations must be accepted by the nominee in order for them to be considered for election.

4. If you plan on having nominations and elections at a location other than these forums (eg your own base's website), please post that link in this thread and make sure it's in an area where a member of the council can monitor it.

Good luck!

Last edited by hofmann (Matt Hofmann) on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to run again as base CO for the year. Unless of course anyone has any objections.

Master Jedi
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Kay_Dee for Endor Base CO. Not only has she the desire and drive to make Endor Base more visible, but she has the talent and ideas to do so (i.e. a banner, a website, state captains, etc.). Kathy is also very well known in the costuming community outside of RL, and can bring more potential members into the fold, not just in Endor, but into the entire Legion. That doesn't include the fact that she also has AWESOME costumes! Very Happy

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kay_Dee wants the job as CO I have no problems giving up my position. I've been CO for 3+ years and I feel there are others out there that can do a better job than I did.

Master Jedi
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Matt - thank you! I must say I feel awkward with Matt's nomination being on the heels of Robert announcing he'd like to continue as our Base CO. I gather that traditionally, the standing COs remain CO unless they express wanting to retire at some point. I really don't want to cause any unneeded friction in our base.

I primarily want to help out and improve lines of communication in our base. Perhaps our base can grow if we have a more defined presence at local conventions and on the internet. If I can simply do that by collaborating with other members and putting some of my skills to use (Make a web site for Endor Base? Help organize WonderCon table efforts with Matt) - that's fine too. I don't have to be CO to make a contribution.

I do appreciate that Robert has been very friendly and supportive of all our latest brain storms! I think he's done a fine job as CO because he is so friendly and easy to get along with - I know he is well liked by everyone in and out of Rebel Legion.

I guess if my nomination gets as far as being seconded - I'll talk to a few people and make sure it's OK for me to accept the nomination.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

Well, after some carefull consideration, I have decided to step down as CO of Endor Base and Nominate Kay_Dee also for the CO position.
I am doing this because:

-I feel I have not done a great job as our CO in the past years. I feel I could be a better member than I was as a CO.
-I want someone else to see and feel whats its really like as a CO. the responsability and of course the "Power".

I am not doing this because of any hard feelings towards anybody, I guess I just need a break from being a CO. from not being in the middle of politics.

on a different note, I have something to say for all of you......Now i really don't care what politics or crap people say about the SVRF, the point is....they are fans, just like we are, they love costumes and share the same love for SW as we all do. This RL is about fun, isn't it? why are we doing this? is it for the fame, the politics or is it because we all love SW and want to dress up as our favorite SW charecter and celebrate the love and feeling of SW. Lets all forgive and forget the problems and embrace our love for SW, and of course have fun doing what we do.

Master Jedi
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, I'm sorry if you feel the need to step down. I wasn't asking for that in my other post Sad If you want to run, you should! And if anyone else wants to run, they should too!

I do want to clarify a few things.

1) I'm not interested in "power" or "fame" and it makes me sad that may have been implied. I'm only interested in helping Endor Base be a bit more visible and active while improving communications across far reaches of our Base. I always have a lot of fun when I meet up with fellow Rebel costumers and I just want people in our area to know we are here Smile If there is an event in our area that is looking for Star Wars costumed characters, I want them to know they can come to us. I want fans who like making or wearing Star Wars costumes to know this club is here for them too. Now, if that means tooting our horn from time to time and letting people know about events our members were honored to help with I don't see anything wrong with that. Please don't misconstrue it as a need to seek fame.

2) I whole heartedly agree that this club is for fun and the enrichment of our lives. Meeting people with common interests, making friends, giving something back to the community when we can!

3) This might sound political, but I feel that it is important we get along with other Star Wars clubs. This includes the 501st and chapters of the Fan Force. Obviously, several of us are members of all of these organizations (myself included). I just see Rebel Legion as being the club that is dedicated to Rebel Character costuming.

4) Responsibility - I'm hoping to take baby steps with Endor Base if I end up becoming CO. I don't want to take on more than can be managed at one time. I hope that our members will also share in the responsibility by voting, contributing ideas and opinions, and helping with events.

If Robert stands by his second I need to read our charter one more time, make sure there are no conflicts of interest that would prevent me from running - etc.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Jedi wrote:

...Now i really don't care what politics or crap people say about the SVRF, the point is....they are fans, just like we are

I haven't seen anything posted on the boards, so I suspect conversations are going on through pm's. Right now very few SVRF members belong to RL so I think most people on these board have absolutely no clue about what has been happening with the SVRF. Perhaps they are basing their opinions on incorrect information.

Yes, we are fans. Not only that, we're great friends who love to hang out together, watch movies, go to dinner, etc. Last month we had a costume workshop (with a seamstress in attendance) to help some of our members get started on costumes. I had hopes of encouraging some of these people to join RL. Now I'm afraid they won't feel welcome and will be discouraged from joining.

I'm sorry for taking this thread a bit off topic, but I just had to respond.

Thank you for your support Master Jedi.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia1138 wrote:

I haven't seen anything posted on the boards, so I suspect conversations are going on through pm's. Right now very few SVRF members belong to RL so I think most people on these board have absolutely no clue about what has been happening with the SVRF.

Now I'm afraid they won't feel welcome and will be discouraged from joining.

I feel things are getting sticky here. A few days ago in the 'looking for base captains thread' I said "I agree, Fan Force can be another great way to recruit members who are interested in Rebel Costuming." I don't think any of us have said anything to make a SVRF member feel unwelcome.

I had some concerns about an incident that was publicly posted in our own forum that involved SVRF. I hadn't asked about it before and wanted clarification on some things - as the wording was quite vague and it seemed serious. Robert clarified it for me. It's all fine, and I was hoping that I could ask him those questions without having it mentioned here and having anyone's feelings hurt unnecessarily. I know it's been some time, but in the past SVRF used to come to SFFF meetings, we'd meet up together before WonderCon - etc Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Leia1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
I don't think any of us have said anything to make a SVRF member feel unwelcome.

I agree. I haven't read anything directly posted on the boards that would suggest that. But from Master Jedi's previous statement, it seemed like there may be other discussions going on behind the scenes. I know we have some SVRF members who are watching these threads closely.

It would be great to have a get together between SFFF and SVRF (and of course why not Rebel Legion and 501st too!) Last Wondercon a small group of us came down for only one day so we didn't get much time to hang out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

Please don't misunderstand my words. There is NOTHING going on behind the scenes ( that I know about ) concerning the SVRF. I was only refuring to 1 incident that occured between a SVRF member and a 501st member at some event, thats it. other than that everyting is fine.

Any and all SVRF members are welcome and encouraged to join us. I want that message to be heard by all. We have no problems.

And once again, let me make it clear....I AM NOT sptepping down because of any hard feeings towards anybody! NOT AT ALL. My reasons were stated honest and true in the post above, swear to god.
Lets stop any and all thoughs of "sticky" I want EVERYONE to have fun and enjoy this life of ours.

Master Jedi
Anasian Skywalker (Dale Tolosa)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep it simple - I third the nomination for Kay_Dee for Endor Base CO. Her skills and reputation in: costuming, networking, and Web-design, among other things are known not only within the Star Wars Fan community in California, but also nation-wide.

Enough said. Cool

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee
https://www.facebook.com/TedTheEwoksGeekyAdventures
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a chance to re-read the legion charter and ask the Legion Command a few questions. It doesn't seem that there is any conflict of interest, so I can formally accept the nomination for CO Smile

There are still a few days left for nominations, so if anyone else wants to run please don't hesitate to post!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Vladric_Yavin (Devin)
Fallen Rebel

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am very honored by the nomination! I have worked hard on the SVRF to get them where they are and it's finally paying off with the charity events we are working. members of the SVRF are hard at work on their quality costumes and thats not just for acceptance by the RL but after the first of the year, we have two very big charity events that require a few of us in costume. I would do my best to expand the ranks of the RL with quality members with a wide range of rebel costumes.

Also, to be fair, to make this a real election, I would like to nominate Master Jedi (Robert) for CO again. I know he said he was done, but I thought I would give him the option if he would like to. Working in govt. for as long as I have, the incumbent should be asked by his constituants to run again. Smile
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladric_Yavin wrote:
Well, I am very honored by the nomination! I have worked hard on the SVRF to get them where they are and it's finally paying off with the charity events we are working. members of the SVRF are hard at work on their quality costumes and thats not just for acceptance by the RL but after the first of the year, we have two very big charity events that require a few of us in costume. I would do my best to expand the ranks of the RL with quality members with a wide range of rebel costumes.

I think you have a lot of passion for SW and the various clubs, so it's great to see you bring all of your enthusiasm to the SW fan community and Rebel Legion! I think it's great that you're getting other fans in Sacramento excited about making costumes. We need new enthusiastic members!

Vladric_Yavin wrote:
Also, to be fair, to make this a real election, I would like to nominate Master Jedi (Robert) for CO again. I know he said he was done, but I thought I would give him the option if he would like to. Working in govt. for as long as I have, the incumbent should be asked by his constituants to run again. Smile

I agree, I want this to be fair. As I said before, I'm happy helping any way I can. If someone else wants to be CO I would like to at least volunteer my services as Endor Base webmaster if everyone agrees we could use a web site Wink

OK - I swear I'm in the middle of packing to leave for Sacramento Today! I have a feeling the next time I'll speak with some of you is at the Convention.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: