Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8a18f948c7abad3aa5977cbe5e83a43dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia Ewok Village Dress WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnum ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Leia Ewok Village Dress WIP Reply with quote

Hi!

Time's here to finally start a new project.
This will be my first Leia costume and I'm really looking forward to it.

At the moment I'm working on a mock up dress to get the pattern right. I'm especially worried about the skirt, even though I've looked through all the available topics about that part.
I'll probably post first progress pictures next week if I have enough time.

Also, I've started to look for sandals though I'm not sure whether the ones I've found would be approvable.

https://www.zalando.de/esprit-riemensandalette-toffee-es111i017-o11.html

https://www.zalando.de/kiomi-riemensandalette-nude-k4411ia0a-j11.html

Or does anyone have a good suggestion for me where I could find a good pair, preferably in Europe?

Thanks in advance, and my the force be with you!
Magnum
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

I want to wish you the best of luck with this to start out, and say that you should just keep at it with your mock up until you finally get it right. I know how frustrating the skirts can be.

The first pair looks good provided the color is fairly close to the dress. They might be too dark, but it is possible to lighten colors. If you had asked me half a year ago I could have gotten some other nice (and cheap) sandals for you, but sadly those are not on the market any more.
I can't see the second pair, so can't say whether they would work or not.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Magnum ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer!
I have no idea why you can't open the other link as it is from the same website as the first.
But for now I ordered the first pair and see if they fit and match the colour of my fabric as well.

For the fabric I chose some faux suede as I personally wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a dress comletely made from real leather.

Also, I've finished my first attempt making a mock-up dress and there are quite a few things that I don't like about it.
As I won't have much time next week, I'll propably continue work at the end of the month.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Just keep adjusting until it looks and feels right. Smile That will give you a costume you will be happy with for a long time.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: