Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a90377895168e189385563a661cef05cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Any one use black gloves for their blue squadron?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Any one use black gloves for their blue squadron? Reply with quote

Hey guys , I’m just about to get some gloves for my costume and was wondering if any one is using black ones for their costume and if so can recommend where they sourced the black ones .
Thanks in advance Adam

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Blue Squadron Leader (Sean)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge, Blue Squadron pilots were never shown with black gloves. I got mine for Imperial Boots, but there’s a seller or two on Etsy.
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Squadron Leader wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, Blue Squadron pilots were never shown with black gloves. I got mine for Imperial Boots, but there’s a seller or two on Etsy.

I keep seeing a photo of some one with black gloves when I do google image search
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=blue+squadron+pilot&client=safari&hl=en-au&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjYzsmRj9LiAhWKeisKHT9MARwQ_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=414&bih=622#imgrc=EPSSG38cyYw1fM
Also the CRL says black is permitted .
I have white one from imperial boots but they are too small so thought since I need bigger ones , may be I’ll do black Smile
But might be too tricky .
Cheers mate appreciate your reply

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Squadron Leader wrote:

I keep seeing a photo of some one with black gloves when I do google image search
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=blue+squadron+pilot&client=safari&hl=en-au&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjYzsmRj9LiAhWKeisKHT9MARwQ_AUoAXoECA0QAQ&biw=414&bih=622#imgrc=EPSSG38cyYw1fM
Also the CRL says black is permitted .
I have white one from imperial boots but they are too small so thought since I need bigger ones , may be I’ll do black Smile
But might be too tricky .
Cheers mate appreciate your reply

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Blue Leader Canada (Doug Cottrell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grey gloves seem to be more prevalent on the blue pilots; while the black ones were used on the orange. That image you showed is the first I've seen of a blue pilot with black gloves. Interesting. I wonder what the source of that image is. Perhaps a behind the scenes photo with the wrong gloves on the actor?

Blue Squadron Leader (Sean)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm interesting. I wonder if I can find it in the movie. Guess I have another excuse it watch it today Very Happy
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture above is, I believe, from the Rogue One guide book. There's also shots of U-wing pilots with black gloves.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cb/d9/86/cbd9860669dc14b4e06cd8caf6243bce.jpg

There are also some members approved with black gloves.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: