Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c748ef4fb4d65e3e3076d540d75967bbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New Standard] Quinlan Vos (Clone Wars)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve this standard
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 15 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Users Voted : 16
Total Votes : 16
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results

Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: [New Standard] Quinlan Vos (Clone Wars) Reply with quote

Hello

The first step of the process is complete. Now the votes are coming.
For 5 days, this thread will open so that KJO members can vote.

Discussion Thread of the First Step:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93929

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quinlan Vos (Clone Wars)
Author: Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers
---------------------------------------------

REQUIRED ITEMS:
HAIR
Very dark brown to black, deadlock style or similar. Sholderblade length.
A small section of hair is bound by two yellow bands with a cross design in the middle. Ponytail is on the front left side.

TATOOS
Face:
A yellow band runs from temple to temple of the face. Band should cover the nose above the nostrils. On each side of the forehead is a yellow triangle starting at the hairline extending almost to the eyebrow.

Left bicep:
A yellow and red design is on the right bicep. Must be painted as shown in reference.

TUNIC
Dark Brown sleeveless, knee length tunic. (Pantone 438)

TABBARDS
The Tabards are in yellowish-green color similar to Pantone 3985.
Tabbards are 1 to 3 (2.5 -7.6 cm) inches longer than the tunic in the front and connect under the obi,
The tabards may be stitched closed to lay next to one another. They lay side by side in the back and may also be sitiched closed, and are the same length as the tunic.

ARMOR
Chest Armor:
Dark gray to black (near Pantone BLK7), ridged armor, with outline design. The design has 6 panels outlined in white, with a centered upside-down triangle in a lighter gray. The back of the chest piece also has 6 panels outlined in white.

Shoulder Armor:
Dark Gray to black (near Pantone BLK7) arm bells with yellow (near Pantone 127) insignia design. A yellow circle with a yellow 12 pointed star. Is painted in a slightly weathered pattern. Armor is worn on the right upper arm.shoulder.

Arm Wraps
Dark Gray to black(near Pantone BLK7) in color wrapped on the lower arm starting below the elbow and ending at the first knuckles. Wrap includes the thumb as well.

OBI
A flat brown obi (near Pantone 1615). Obi closures (Velcro, snaps, etc.) should not be visible.

BELT
Utility Belt has a Wide dark brown leather or leather-like main belt with a thinner light brown secondary belt on top of the main belt.

Silver round buckle with a sage green 12 pointed star design, similar to the arm armor design and is surrounded by silver squares and connects to the the top secondary belt. Thinner secondary belt cannot be loose or “sag”.

Belt is approximately one third the size of the obi and the width should be in proportion to the wearer. Very tall or large costumers may need a wider belt. Very short people may need a narrower belt.

Belt closures (Velcro, snaps, etc.) should not be visible.

POUCHES
Pouch is a rectangle shape with a half circle flap and is leather or leather-like in the same brown as the thinner belt. Pouch is as tall as the obi and positioned on the left side of the belt buckle. Pouch may be nonfunctional or functional.

Two (2) rectangle pouches with a half circle flap in the same colou as the thinner belt. One is positioned on the right side of the belt buckle, the other one in the back of the left side.

COVERTEC
Covertec lightsaber clip on the left of the belt buckle.

PANTS
Dark gray to black (near Pantone BLK7) tight fitted pants. No pockets.

BOOTS
Black leather or leather-like boots. Chaps / spats from ankle up to under the knee (closure on the outside of the calf). They are fixed with three (3) straps. Two (2) at the ankle, one (1) under the knee (for dimensions see reference pictures) No visible closures allowed.

LIGHTSABER
The lightsaber hilt is in silver colour.
(No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt-only). Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required. If bladed must be green.

OPTIONAL ITEMS
- Screen accurate lightsaber hilt.
- Brown contact lenses
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Last edited by Leroni (Leroni) on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for moving forward with this standard! And a big thank you for helping me work through getting it written!!

Here are some references used in the creation of this standard so if anyone needs them to add their critique. These were the main two, however there are more in the discussion thread Leroni posted above.

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed a grammatical error....

Under "Chest Armor"

I got a bit wordy and forgot a comma. It should read

Chest Armor:
Dark gray to black (near Pantone BLK7), ridged armor, with outline design. The design has 6 panels outlined in white, with a centered upside-down triangle in a lighter gray. The back of the chest piece also has 6 panels outlined in white.
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers wrote:
I just noticed a grammatical error....

Under "Chest Armor"

I got a bit wordy and forgot a comma. It should read

Chest Armor:

changed the grammatiacl error Smile

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:

changed the grammatiacl error Smile

yours
Leroni

Thank you very much!! It flows better now!
Oraculo (Agustin)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 3)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted!

Yours!
�Legion Costume Judge 2016 - 2020
BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
TCO Templo Pucar� 2015-16
Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
jdos (J. Daniel Olivera Salinas)
Peru Base CO
Peru Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Will make some suggestion / corrections since I recently worked in this costume for a base member. Changes in underlined text

HAIR
Says "Sholderblade" but maybe should say "shoulder blades", I think should have a bit of details about dreadlock length in the front. Also dreadlocks tails rest in the right not the left.

“Very dark brown to black, dreadlock style or similar. Shoulder Blade length at back, at front the first 2 pairs of dreadlocks should have a similar length as shown in reference pictures.

A small section of dreadlocks (3 or 4) is bound by two yellow bands with a cross design in the middle. This tail should rest in the front right side.”

TUNIC
Actually tunic is not knee length, but mid thigh.
“Dark Brown sleeveless, mid thigh length tunic. (Similar to Pantone 438) “

ARMOR
Chest Armor:

I don't think white is the best option for the outline, since most armors used in TCW represent a hard and weathered material, should be better to represent that concept.
Indeed you can see a lot of weathering in the armor, especially in the shoulder bell (weathered insignia)

“Dark gray to black (near Pantone BLK7), ridged armor, with outline design. The design has 6 panels outlined in a lighter gray or silver color, with a centered upside-down triangle. The back of the chest piece also has 6 panels outlined. “

Arm Wraps
Actually it should have fingerless gloves plus arm wraps, similar concept as Ahsoka Tano.
Color is not too blackish, in fact is lighter than shoulder armor

Gloves and Arm Wraps
Medium to dark Gray in color. Fingerless gloves that reach under the bracers, arm wraps starts at braces (connecting with fingerless gloves) and ends below the elbow
.”

BELT

In references I see main belt is black, thinner secondary belt is brown

“Utility Belt has a Wide black leather or leather-like main belt with a thinner brown secondary belt on top of the main belt.

Silver round buckle with a sage green 12 pointed star design, similar to the arm armor design and is surrounded by silver squares and connects to the the top secondary belt. Thinner secondary belt cannot be loose or “sag”.

Belt is approximately one third the size of the obi and the width should be in proportion to the wearer. Very tall or large costumers may need a wider belt. Very short people may need a narrower belt.

Belt closures (Velcro, snaps, etc.) should not be visible. “

BOOTS
At reference and screen captures I don't see a Black color, but some kind of dark brown even a weathered moro color (like Anakin Ep III boots)

Dark brown to moro color, mid-calf, but not above the knee. With spats.
Three 1 inch wide straps: two (2) at the ankle, one (1) at the top (for dimensions see reference pictures)
No visible laces or zippers allowed, when necessary, inside hidden zippers are permitted (Not visible from the front, side or back). Is preferable a front closure hidden by spats
.”
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Daniel,
i like your suggestions and i will offer them to the csc.

for this process here we are a little bit too late.
i cant manipulate the polls.

yours
leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Hello Daniel,
i like your suggestions and i will offer them to the csc.

for this process here we are a little bit too late.
i cant manipulate the polls.

yours
leroni

Is there no way to update at least two very important details? The ponytail should be on the Right side not left. And the tunic length is definitely mid-thigh not knee length. Those are easy fixes that would definitely make a HUGE difference in the standard. Especially for judges reviewing applications.
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fuzzy Smile

it is logical to be changed. and i will add these changes to the post at the csc forum. (as recommentation)

at this point here i see no possibility as to close this voting post and start it once again.

i cant manipulate the text (except misspelling) while voting.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Hello Fuzzy Smile

it is logical to be changed. and i will add these changes to the post at the csc forum. (as recommentation)

at this point here i see no possibility as to close this voting post and start it once again.

i cant manipulate the text (except misspelling) while voting.

yours
Leroni

Hmmm well I do think it's best to get it correct rather than rushing it. I don't forsee us needing to add any more corrections after this point. But definitely the two words, changing left to RIGHT on the ponytail and knee to THIGH on the tunic length. Those are very important changes that could be make or break on someones approval.
Peru Base CO
Peru Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Leroni,

Yes sorry I just recently saw the thread.
Just try your best to discuss this whit csc since is a better way to guide judges, but most important to potential aspirants! due they use to guide only with reference images, and those costume standards.

By the way that reminds me that would also be good to tell that shoulder and chest armor should be made with a "Rigid material (like plastic or resin) "

I remember some threads where the people wasn't sure if it should be hard leather like appears to be in some comics (other Quinlan versions), or hard armor like other TCW generals.

But most important to avoid people confused, or asking repeatedly to judges, if the armor can be done with other materials like eva foam.

As I recall eva foam armor parts are not allowed, but maybe I'm wrong if so it can also be in the text.

I think those are relevant info that people can use to see what they have to do, instead of asking at forums or judges due lack of information.

Regards,
Daniel
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdos wrote:
Hello Leroni,

Yes sorry I just recently saw the thread.
Just try your best to discuss this whit csc since is a better way to guide judges, but most important to potential aspirants! due they use to guide only with reference images, and those costume standards.

By the way that reminds me that would also be good to tell that shoulder and chest armor should be made with a "Rigid material (like plastic or resin) "

I remember some threads where the people wasn't sure if it should be hard leather like appears to be in some comics (other Quinlan versions), or hard armor like other TCW generals.

But most important to avoid people confused, or asking repeatedly to judges, if the armor can be done with other materials like eva foam.

As I recall eva foam armor parts are not allowed, but maybe I'm wrong if so it can also be in the text.

I think those are relevant info that people can use to see what they have to do, instead of asking at forums or judges due lack of information.

Regards,
Daniel

Those are wonderful suggestions!! Out of curiosity, you said that you helped a fellow base member make this costume, did you by any chance take photos? If so you should post a tutorial thread. That might help people with the construction process too. I know that helps me to looking over other threads. It's a great way to spread information such as what to make the armor from.
Peru Base CO
Peru Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you right! that would be helpful for other members looking for this character, by now I only have his application photos available: https://flic.kr/s/aHskq362U8

Will search for process photos to make a thread about this character, I don't have a lot of them but at least those finished pictures may help, If you think are ok of course.

What about eva foam armours ? are they acceptable or not? I think could be a big questions since a lot of people use that technique these days.
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdos wrote:
Yes you right! that would be helpful for other members looking for this character, by now I only have his application photos available: https://flic.kr/s/aHskq362U8

Will search for process photos to make a thread about this character, I don't have a lot of them but at least those finished pictures may help, If you think are ok of course.

What about eva foam armours ? are they acceptable or not? I think could be a big questions since a lot of people use that technique these days.

Hello Smile

These pictures are wonderful.
Are we allowed to bring them to the new standard if needed?

At the standard there is no material written. so every material is accepted. it only have to look like.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: