About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=91699495c2c2afaf98b58193347eef5fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Captains needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiaLan Wezz has been a full member of the Rebel Legion for a number of years. She tends to talk to people in person more than posting on the message boards. She and her granddaughter do attend Star Wars events and conventions in the Bay Area.

I'd also like to add that Eva is an asset to the Rebel Legion. She has helped many of our members put together excellent costumes. I'm thankful that she brings her skills for costume making and enthusiasm for Star Wars to our group, even if it has not been through posts on this message board. I hope that she will feel free to post more often and get more involved! I think we have a lot of long-time members who may have never posted in our forum - but I think the first post should be a welcome one!

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess what upsets me is her first and only vote just happens to be agenst me. Wouldn't that arouse your suspition?
All this drama and B.S. is another great reason why I am stepping down.

Master Jedi
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Jedi wrote:
Well, I guess what upsets me is her first and only vote just happens to be agenst me. Wouldn't that arouse your suspicion?
All this drama and B.S. is another great reason why I am stepping down.

Master Jedi

What do you mean "first and only vote"? We only get to vote once, right? I think you meant to say "post". I don't know where the idea that she was "against" you came from, but it seems like she wanted to vote a certain way, which is a choice that she just happens to be making. I'm not sure what suspicions you mean, and the "drama and B.S". I don't think there was any of that to begin with. Confused: Like Kathy said, Eva doesn't get to post or check the boards, as she is so busy making costumes, which is how she makes her living. I simply let her know that we are in a time of changes in Endor Base, and that her opinion should be heard, because, like as it was stated, she does contribute to the local Star Wars community, maybe not in words, but by her skills.

Maybe after she comes back after vacation in a week, she can speak for herself. I'm just confused and bewildered by your post, MJ.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I'm sorry, Matt, what I meant to say was this was the 1st time she posted ANYTHING EVER on the forums, and i think you all know just what I mean.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Jedi wrote:
oh I'm sorry, Matt, what I meant to say was this was the 1st time she posted ANYTHING EVER on the forums, and i think you all know just what I mean.

Not to get off-topic, but..."Huh?" Confused

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to have gotten off topic here. Nevermind about what was said on my part. I'm not here to argue with anyone. There was just some drama in the couple days coming my way and I didn't like what I was hearing, but now case closed and all is good.

Master Jedi
JediMom3 (Andrea Samulewicz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gang,

A friendly reminder to all members that there will be no mudslinging during the elections against ANYONE. Please guys be nice. Very Happy If you are upset about something wait to post so that your anger does not get the best of you.

I think that it is great to be having these discussion about Regional Captains, however you should wait until the election for the CO is finished. The CO has the right to appoint whomever he or she wants, or they may take a vote from the membership. Eitherway if you want to discuss it that is fine. but no flaming!!!

Vladric_Yavin (Devin)
Fallen Rebel

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when Captains are picked, it would probably be wise to get copies of the RL banner to all captains, so we don't have to try and connect with each other to pass the banner around. I know I can pay for one myself.

I got connections for printing, at very good prices.

Also, I have connections with Ronald McDonald House and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, so we might be able to march with them next year, along with the March of Dimes. We could march and represent RL by holding our banner as well.

There are so many things I could do for the RL in the Sacramento area! Along with my Rogues, we could really boost it the RL up here in Sacramento! I am definitely serious about helping the RL - Endor Base improve its ranks and become the shining Base of the RL!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladric_Yavin wrote:
I think when Captains are picked, it would probably be wise to get copies of the RL banner to all captains, so we don't have to try and connect with each other to pass the banner around. I know I can pay for one myself.

Great minds think alike Wink Once we had a banner design worked out I was also going to suggest that it is an option (not mandatory) for each region to print their own if they want one. Shipping one around can get expensive over time.

Vladric_Yavin wrote:
Also, I have connections with Ronald McDonald House and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, so we might be able to march with them next year, along with the March of Dimes. We could march and represent RL by holding our banner as well.

Those would be great things for us to get involved with! I also really would like to see Endor Base get involved with charities and giving back to the community Smile I think if we all pool our talents and resources we can all do some great things!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Vladric_Yavin (Devin)
Fallen Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
Great minds think alike Wink Once we had a banner design worked out I was also going to suggest that it is an option (not mandatory) for each region to print their own if they want one. Shipping one around can get expensive over time.

Great minds eh? Hmmm no one has accused me of that lately, so thank you Kathy!! Wink LOL I would have no problem with the price of the printed banner. Also, we could compare prices of the printing too. I don't mind delivering it to you or Matt if I can get the cheaper printing. Besides, it would give me an excuse to come to the city and take you and Matt to lunch! Wink

Kay_Dee wrote:
Those would be great things for us to get involved with! I also really would like to see Endor Base get involved with charities and giving back to the community Smile I think if we all pool our talents and resources we can all do some great things!

Trust me, you get a great feeling when these charity organizations start thanking you for all your work with their group! It really makes you feel good to see people's faces light up when they see a Star Wars character! Wink I would love for all of us to work together on this. Sit down and really get the ball rolling on this! I have great ideas for the Sac area!
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see! thats a great idea! lets get the ball rolling, great job Devin and kay_dee!
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind also, that if you print all the banners at the same location, at the same time, they might give you a decent price break.

(This has been a public marketing service announcement, we now return you to your regularly scheduled base discussion.) Very Happy

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, let's get the ball rolling....without Indy running in front of it. Wink

As for your lunch invitation Devin, I accept. Kathy, have you heard of that place that sells the $100 hamburger? Rolling Eyes wink2

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, since I was thinking our Banner should have the URL of our Endor Base Web site - I wanted to wait a tad to secure that first Wink

If someone has not already started it, I will at least start a thread for Banner Discussion and ideas I had about the size of the banner (need to know that before we do mock-ups for the design) - etc. Don't want to derail this thread.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Vladric_Yavin (Devin)
Fallen Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Yeah, let's get the ball rolling....without Indy running in front of it. Wink

As for your lunch invitation Devin, I accept. Kathy, have you heard of that place that sells the $100 hamburger? Rolling Eyes wink2
They better be sprinkled with gold dust for that price Matt! Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: