About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e7b5d096e61dd460789ad6452310b1aaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Base Captains needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Map Andrea! I think some of us from California will be happy to work on having a more appropriate border than that straight line across the state. It cuts through San Simeon! LOL! I'd probably move it a bit north of San Simeon on the cost to make sure they are grouped with people from SLO, Morro Bay - etc.

The Visalia thing is curious to me too. If you look at Radio and TV markets that can be a big help in seeing which cities logically group together. Visalia is often grouped with Fresno. In fact, when I was a baby - I was born in Tulare, my parents had an apartment in Visalia, and my dad worked in Fresno!

But now I guess I'm getting off topic Wink

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Mother Tusken ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dividing line would seem to place Visalia/Tulare in Sunrider yet we are placed in Endor base. Which truthfully makes more sense to me as we are spread out down here and we perfer beng part of Endor. We are also the largest city (Visalia) South of Fresno which is not that far away but we are more then 70 miles from Bakersfield. So I think the line is up a little too high. wink2
Personally I would not worry about this matter as it has never been a problem and most likely never will as everyone that joins now becomes a part of Endor base. The two RL members that now live in Visalia lived closer to Bakersfield when they joined, I believe.
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Kay Dee that the line is a little too straight. Perhaps we should consider what the 501st Central California Garrison does which is extend down to Bakersfield. And yes, Visalia and Fresno are almost always grouped together and Tulare and Visalia are moving closer together every year, in distance.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bette - yeah, it's not that I'm terribly worried over the border thing. I just see it as more of a fun project Smile That way when new members looking to join check the map they will have a clearer view of where they really fall! And if everyone is in agreement that as Visalia residents you were properly assigned to Endor Base due to your proximity to Fresno, the I'd imagine that dividing line could get moved on the map.

I just didn't want us to rush into appointing any captain positions considering that our own elections for CO are around the corner. I'm kind of a step at a time person and didn't like the feeling of putting the carriage before the horse, thats all. But since I'm the only one that expressed concern, I guess that's just me. It's just my nature to double check things like borders, and be as precise as possible I guess (Hey, I'm the crazy lady who took her Pantone swatch book to C4 if that tells you anything! LOL!) So bear with me Wink

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Mother Tusken ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You carry swatch books with you also? I thought we were the only ones.

The boarder issue can wait and I also think that elections should be gotten out of the way before Base Captains are selected. Nothing wrong with doing nominations now but waitng to make the selections to coincide with the elections just seems to be the best move. There is really is not that much time left to wait and then we can work on getting this sorted out.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just catching up on the map discussion.

That is my suggestion for a dividing line, but is only a suggestion. If we want to draw something that runs along county lines, that might be a better way to do it.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Donna,

Which is your suggestion? Having the border line be below Visalia and Tulare, but still include Bakersfield in Sunrider? Or have Bakersfield also be part of Endor?

Yeah, county borders can be helpful. But if say, we have people in Bakersfield who consider themseleves Sunrider members I wouldn't want to have to pull them out of Sunrider. I guess we need to look at our membership.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JediMom3 (Andrea Samulewicz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys can certainly work out the details of where the dividing line is now.
My suggestion is to wait till after elections when all the COs and other personnel are in place. Then have and open discussion. When the new Captain of the Guard is in place they will have all Base borders reviewed and documented, and hopefully we can get a new map up on the new website. The old map on the .com site needs updating.

Okey Dokey Very Happy

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, the image with the black line was the one I posted in the Sunrider forum for Andrea. As far as "splitting", some people may choose to stay with one base even though the dividing line puts them in another. The 501st allows this type of flexibility and I think that's a good idea.

Andrea, I definitely agree that this can wait until after elections.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I'm not looking to finalize anything until after elections. I wasn't clear on what Donna said (I figured there is no harm in starting to talk about it.) I didn't realize that map was something Donna made and her proposed dividing line! Now I get it!

Hey, great minds think alike! I was also going to say that I know in some circumstances, there are members who do request to be part of another base or Garrison (I know some members who were going through this actually). You know, I'm all for what works best for that person. It isn't about Base V Base. And I can see why if someone falls really close to the border, they may prefer to ask to be part of Sunrider base.

I also think it's great that Sunrider lets Endor Base members sign up to their bboards and participate in events. So even though I'm clearly living in Endor Territory, I feel just as welcome to come down and do events with Sunrider. So I don't feel the need to ask to be an official member of your base (I feel like I'm an honorary member - lol!)

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JediMom3 (Andrea Samulewicz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys in CA are so easy going and cool. I wish I could move out to CA.
*starts humming California Dreaming* Very Happy

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, you ARE an Honorary Sunrider member. Very Happy

And Matt, and Dale, and Briget, and Bette, and Barry, and.... Very Happy Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Checking In Reply with quote

Red 5, uh, I mean,

Jay Tee standing by.

Aloha, Master Jedi, KayDee & Everyone!

Please forgive my absence. I have been working 6 day weeks & entertaining visitors to Hawai'i on my only days off. Sooner or later I'll actually have a day all to myself.

In any case, it's a bit too late (5:41 a.m.) and I have yet to get to bed so now might not be a good time to try to soak in all the info from this thread. If I'm not mistaken, however, even if my appointment to State Captain is renewed, it can still be changed by the C.O.. Thusly, I will be patient about these matters.

I appreciate the nominations of confidence and I also wish other Captains well. I know that, whoever takes on these positions, we can all work together to further the Rebel Legion.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck
http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com <<< Currently a part of Endor Base [NOT an official outpost!]!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SiaLan Wezz (Eva Vanecek)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Matt Tolosa for the captain,
Than Kathy Skirmont
Than Bridgett for the the Sacramento possition.
Sorry this is really short, but I had trouble logging in .Today I have gotten in however, I am running out the door to a birthday party and no time to ellaborate. Kathy I forgot the possition Matt nominated you for , what ever it is thats what I am voting for. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiaLan Wezz wrote:
Kathy I forgot the possition Matt nominated you for , what ever it is thats what I am voting for. Very Happy

SiaLan Wezz, shouldn't you be a little more well informed before making such a vote?, and this is your first and only vote reply on the forums.

Master Jedi
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: