About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=72793e93fc823bfc2ab8198b1c93415aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

X-Wing helmet source
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: X-Wing helmet source Reply with quote

This was just posted on the RPF, and I thought I'd pass it along to everyone

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=31671

I have one of his X-Wing helmets, It's Very basic, No Visor, and the front mohawk cap is vac formed. But the detail is crisp, and clean. The helmet is just a bit smaller then both the Richies and Dreadnaught (Wilco Models) X-Wing helmets.

There is no liner or inner shell to this helmet, but that's easy enough to add in. you will also want to get some door edging for the edging of the helmet. Like I said, the only thing missing will be the Visor when it's all said and done.

He's also offering the helmet casts in colored plastic. A very good thing if you have custom paint jobs in mind.

Concidering the kits will be mailed from Germany, I think this is a great deal.
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: X-Wing helmet source Reply with quote

Reaper wrote:
I have one of his X-Wing helmets.

Please show pics if you have any!

Reaper wrote:
The helmet is just a bit smaller then both the Richies and Dreadnaught (Wilco Models) X-Wing helmets.

The original APH-6 helmet was made in a few different sizes, so this is understandable.
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frak that, he's got viper helmets too!
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper? Classic or new BSG?

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New, aka better Very Happy

Although those different colored helmets are pretty sweet. Might have to get a black one sometime...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hofmann wrote:
Frak that, he's got viper helmets too!

That's "helmet", singular, only one. All details seem to be vaccuformed, so they are pretty soft too. I recall the visor on the original helmet being slightly bolbous also, which this helmet's visor isn't.
Anyway..
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: X-Wing helmet source Reply with quote

Darth Lars wrote:
Reaper wrote:
I have one of his X-Wing helmets.

Please show pics if you have any!

Reaper wrote:
The helmet is just a bit smaller then both the Richies and Dreadnaught (Wilco Models) X-Wing helmets.

The original APH-6 helmet was made in a few different sizes, so this is understandable.

I don't have any pictures, cause I haven't done anything with the helmet yet. It's assembled (that's how I purchased it) The helmet size isn't any different. if I had to guess, it's molded off of a Large APH helmet. By Smaller, I ment narrower. It's harder to get my mellon into the helmet.

AS already stated, there is only the one BEW BSC helmet, He doesn't do them, he just worked on that kit.
JediBith (Liz Wrightson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have around 5 extra Don Post Deluxe visors...any idea if they'd fit this helmet? It would be great if I could offer them up!

<<(*-*)>>
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they would fit. It might take some doing to make them fuctional, but the visors themselves can at least be mounted static n the down position.
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve at Richies Armor has a tutorial for converting a real APH-6B helmet, where he uses the visor from a Don Post helmet. It looks pretty good, but it looks like there are two different visors being used...
Edit: I got confirmed from someone with a Don Post helmet, that it is likely to really be a Don Post visor in this picture. Very Happy

BTW, I just got a quote from Dreadnaught Industries. Their kit costs almost the same, if you exclude postage and import taxes.
I think that DI's kit could be a better choice if you are in the US, and Bobataff's kit might be a better choice if you are in the EU.
Edit: Dreadnaught Industries: $87.00 including US shipping.
Edit again: Visors are not sold separately.
I believe Richies kit is more expensive, but I think his is made from ABS which is more durable and also more difficult to cast.

Last edited by Darth Lars on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone here know who is providing SciFiHero.net with X-Wing helmets?

What is the normal price for a Kit?... how much for a finished Kit?

Thanks...
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one go about being allowed to sign up on the RPF?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the RPF does membership drives at certain times. it is not open registration.

If anyone needs to get in touch with someone there, let me know and I'll make the connection for you.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would like to get in touch with BobaTaff, the gentleman who's post you linked to, very much.

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm sent for contact info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: