Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=95dfd7180858877353ba131c62bc7969Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Open Discussion]Ben Solo - TLJ Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standard Proposals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:
Oraculo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Other change that I propose for the Costume. That to register this Costume, require that the applicant has already registered another Costume in The Rebel Legion (something similar to the Costume Willrow Hood). It is an opinion '

What do you think?

I agree. This is a fairly simple costume so having an approved costume already within the Legion sounds like a good idea. Perhaps a generic Jedi and then you can be approved with this? Or something similar.

I also had a comment on the hair requirements. I appreciate all the detail in the description but can we really tell that much about the hair from the photos posted? If you reference simply the concept art, it is a shag boy cut. If you reference the film itself, it is similar to Kylo's hair throughout TLJ. Can we go more of a generic route in terms of color and general length? Asking for very specific layers etc in the back when you can't really see it defined seems a bit much. Unless there are clearer photos of the hair that I am not aware of that is. Just a thought.

Hello Natalie!

Yes, Any Costume approved by The Rebel Legion.

Yours!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's problematic to write in materials in a standard when you don't actually know or have a pretty good idea of what it could be. Linen is a possibility. So is cotton. I doubt it's a twill weave though.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I added a new modification in blue

Ben Solo

Hair and Face

-The costumer is clean shaven.
-The hair is brown in color and shag style (tangled).
-It is comprised of varying lengths: shorter in the front and progressively longer towards the back.
-May be achieved with the individual's own hair, extensions or high quality lace front wig.
An Alexander the Great styled haircut should be used, which has three varying lengths: Just above the eyes in front.
Below the ears on the sides (though should still taper and have varying lengths). Down to the shoulders in back. These varying lengths should not be abrupt; they should blend and transition well into one another.
The hair should not be straight. It should have some curling and look unkempmpt. 

Tunic

-The tunic is white and made from a natural fiber.
The sleeves end 2-3 inches above the hand joint.
-Crosses the costumers front and is tied with two straps of the same material at the costumers right hip.
-A two inch collar is present and ends at the bottom hem of the tunic.

Pants

-Pants are medium cool grey and made from a natural fiber.
-The pants end approximately two inches above the ankle joint.
-The pants are free of detailing or pockets.

Shoes

-Barefoot or streamlined white, ivory or flesh tone ballet slippers.

Lightsaber

-The light saber is Grey (aluminum) in color.
-Simple shading detailing is present.
-The emitter is off toned with a gold hue.
-The hand grip has thin lines running vertically.
-The end cap is larger with a raised back end. 6 rectangular pieces set in the saber with a circular end plate.

NOTE:In order to register this Costume in The Rebel Legion, it is requested as a mandatory requirement, that the applicant has approved another Costume in The Rebel Legion. This Costume will not be accepted as the first Costume of The Rebel Legion

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to bring this up again.

"-May be achieved with the individual's own hair, extensions or high quality lace front wig.
An Alexander the Great styled haircut should be used, which has three varying lengths: Just above the eyes in front.
Below the ears on the sides (though should still taper and have varying lengths). Down to the shoulders in back. These varying lengths should not be abrupt; they should blend and transition well into one another. "

We don't see enough of his hair to really be this specific. Unless there are photos that showcase this exact description of hair, how can we expect people to follow a standard we don't even have reference for? I think a general description without this detail would be better suited for this costume. Also, correct me if I am wrong but the others approved with this costume do not have this specific of a hairstyle either, correct? It's just a general shoulder length cut with dark hair that is slightly longer in back.

PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command
PR/Social Media Team for Rogue Detachment
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Cloud City Leia, Vice Admiral Holdo, Cara Dune, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
AlphaIgnition

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything looks good except the part about the hair. The description sounds like a mullet and I know a few people who have already submitted and their hair is not as described. It should be more vague so more people can do it.
riathewolf (Alexandra Wolsiefer)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we requiring a prior costume only because it's simple? We have a bunch of super simple costumes that maybe aren't so popular. One that comes to mind is the RL version of Juno Eclipse. It just doesn't seem like a joke or novelty to me like the "Costume Willrow" does. This isn't the hill I'm gonna die on lol. I was just wondering if we had precedent for that? I do understand if the concern is trooping with bare feet lol.
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riathewolf wrote:
Are we requiring a prior costume only because it's simple? We have a bunch of super simple costumes that maybe aren't so popular. One that comes to mind is the RL version of Juno Eclipse. It just doesn't seem like a joke or novelty to me like the "Costume Willrow" does. This isn't the hill I'm gonna die on lol. I was just wondering if we had precedent for that? I do understand if the concern is trooping with bare feet lol.

No one has replyed to this thread in a while. I have been lurking in and out of this thread since it started, and wondered, Is there a reason to require another costume? I know plenty of people who have done Jawas because they are simple. It opens the door for those not yet willing to commit the time and money many other costumes require. Is this something that has been required in the past of other costumes? Additionally, while many of us, members of this detatchment, have familiarity with tunic construction, others may consider this a challenge. We all start somewhere. I guess I just don't understand the prior costume requirement.

In regards to the actual standard, I agree that the details in the hair description are a bit too much. Though I'm late to saying so I like leaving the fabric as natural fiber. Speaking of which, do you think the fabric is a raw silk similar to Qui-Gon's?

WIP....Cloud City Leia, Shaak Ti, Updated Jedi, Marvel Leia, Jawa, and Resistamce Rey....yup I'm that nuts!!
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

We reactive this Costume Standard.

Yours!

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

We are going to reactivate that thread for two weeks to create a complete Standard. All members are invited to participate in the discussion. All can provide images, references and information. All is important.

Final date: 01/31/2019

May the force be with you!

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

It is the current version of proposal

Ben Solo

Hair and Face

-It is comprised of varying lengths: shorter in the front and progressively longer towards the back.
-May be achieved with the individual's own hair, extensions or high quality lace front wig.
Below the ears on the sides (though should still taper and have varying lengths). Down to the shoulders in back. These varying lengths should not be abrupt; they should blend and transition well into one another.
The hair should not be straight. It should have some curling and look unkempmpt. 

Tunic

-Crosses the costumers front and is tied with two straps of the same material at the costumers right hip.

Pants

Shoes

Lightsaber

-The end cap is larger with a raised back end. 6 rectangular pieces set in the saber with a circular end plate.

NOTE:In order to register this Costume in The Rebel Legion, it is requested as a mandatory requirement, that the applicant has approved another Costume in The Rebel Legion. This Costume will not be accepted as the first Costume of The Rebel Legion

Yours!

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

The same Standard rewritten with the new format.

Quote:
Standard Name: Ben Solo
Primary Detachment: KJO
Submission Date:
Existing Standard URL: There is not

Character Description

Required Items

Hair and Face
Required Details:

Tunic
Required Details:

Pants
Required Details:

Shoes
Required Details:

Lightsaber:
Required Details:

Costume Resources:

Author:

Yours!

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

We reactivate the thread, with a discussion until Friday, August 16. Then the latest version of the proposal with the new format, to start the debate again

Quote:
Standard Name: Ben Solo
Primary Detachment: KJO
Submission Date: 06/12/2018
Existing Standard URL: There is not

Front Image:

https://i.imgur.com/Z1N7mzJ.jpg

Back Image:

https://i.imgur.com/pE5a3pP.jpg

Character Description

The son of General Han Solo and Princess Leia Organa, Ben Solo was born on the Core World Chandrila, on the day the Galactic Empire surrendered to the New Republic in 5 ABY. Although he was given his father's surname, the young Solo was a Skywalker on his mother's side. He, therefore, inherited the raw strength of his maternal grandfather, Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One of the Force. As his own powers manifested in the years following the Galactic Civil War, Solo became part of a new generation of Jedi Knights trained by his mother's twin brother, Luke Skywalker. Disturbed by the rising darkness within Solo, Skywalker believed he had already lost him to Snoke and nearly struck down his nephew in a moment of instinct. As a result, Solo lashed out by slaughtering the other students and burning down the temple, effectively destroying his uncle's plan to restore the Jedi Order to its former glory.

Required Items

Hair and Face
Required Details:

Tunic
Required Details:

Pants
Required Details:

Shoes
Required Details:

Lightsaber:
Required Details:

Costume Resources:

https://i.imgur.com/Tfktrt4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rkXEkVB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/irERIkD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6B5I9XA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KtT2Rps.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qtzolux.jpg
https://starwarsscreencaps.com/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-2017/48

Author:
Kylo Ren(Dawn Bright)

Last edited by Oraculo (Agustín) on Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The doubts that we have to analyze again:

-The description of the hair that seems very detailed.
-The type of fabric (if we put some options)
-And to demand that the applicant already have an approved Costume in The Rebel Legion

And if someone has more images of references with better quality, they are more than welcome!

Yours!

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to ask why this an approved costume? We do not have a full back shot and there are no right/left shots either. In addition, one reference is a sketch and one is from the film.
We do not currently accept costumes without all the reference angles ie; Mara Jade "Swarm Wars" for this reason and that should still hold true for other costumes as well.

PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command
PR/Social Media Team for Rogue Detachment
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Cloud City Leia, Vice Admiral Holdo, Cara Dune, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMO discretion, mostly, and film costumes have always gotten more leeway in this regard. Leia's Ceremonial gown didn't have full back reference when the RL was founded, but we still allowed it because it's in the movie. As a historical note, reference rules were developed specifically for EU costumes.

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Sunrider Base Webmaster

Retired LWM, BCO, BMO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standard Proposals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: