Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=539d8f7f0f097bcf345eff0f9510811dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Galactic Academy Cerea School under New Management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solfrann (Christopher Brooks)
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Galactic Academy Cerea School under New Management Reply with quote

Hello Smile

A few weeks ago, i was offered the chance to take over the official Galactic Academy school for Virginia, Cerea School. The school was previously run by a guy in Freedom Base, who hasn't been very active for a while.
For those who dont know, GA is broken down into Campus (country) and School (state) organizations, much like the 501st and RL.
I know for me, being able to troop with my son is part of the reason I do this. I'm hoping to promote more of that family involvement throughout Virginia.
Trooping with our kids is nothing new. For many of us, it means getting to participate in a hobby we love without sacrificing family time. What it has also meant for me, personally, is that it has been the spark that got my son interested in doing charity work and giving back to the community, and i'm hoping to get more kids interested in the same things.
I'd love to start a conversation about the type of involvement that has worked with kids in the past, and what we might like to see more of, both as parents and from those with more experience trooping.
What i'm hoping to see, at some point in the future, is a Galactic Academy organization here in Virginia that not only gives our kids a chance to have their own table at a convention where they can show off their love of star wars and recruit alongside us, but also groups of kids doing charity events and giving back to their community. A combination of fun and charity Smile

Other costume groups:
Mandalorian Mercs (OM)
501st Stormtrooper, TIE Reserve, Nihilus

Galactic Academy Commanding Officer
goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep me updated and let me know if I can help. Stephen and Sean are active when we Troop for the RL and 501st. Stephen has a GA profile. But he doesn’t keep it updated since he will turn 18 on March 2019. But Sean, Samuel and Scott would gladly Troop for the GA. Scott is the youngest at age 10. So he will be a GA member for awhile. He is also the beneficiary of hand me down SW costumes.
Garrison Tyranus - Kylo Ren, The Force Awakens/Starkiller Base/The Last Jedi
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that you're working to get things rolling for that again! It's great for families to be able to troop together and it also serves as a wonderful bridge for teens who just aren't quite old enough yet to go ahead and get involved so then they can submit for the RL and 501st once they're old enough!

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: