Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f1712db27d3d1d0f9104c70f39fd311aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2018 Rebel (OT) X-Wing Pilot Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crashmann (Charlie Mann)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a TIE pilot for a while now, so I reckon it's time to balance it out with an X-Wing outfit.

I've got a vacuum forming machine, so if someone can post the dimensions for the chest box, I can make a mold and punch them out for the group.

Thanks for organizing the group build!

Charlie
erictank ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbria wrote:
For local folks, I should be able to help out with making the leg flare holders for dirt cheap. I believe that all I need is the top measurement around your boot (so it fits) and preferably, one of your flares because then I can make sure the loops are as tight as possible. (No but seriously... happy to help here. The 25 yard spool for the olive was cheaper than the 10 yard spool so I'm going to have like 24 yards more than I actually need.)

I'll be taking you up on that - just realized I don't have the material for the flare holder.

Contributing to the materials list - I will *LIKELY* have enough belt/harness strap material for another person to use, and will almost certainly have enough of the smaller-width strapping for several people to make mini-flare holders on their belts. I'll have to confirm how much of each I actually have available, but I remember ordering enough of the harness strapping for at least two people, and the roll of the miniflare strapping has got to be at least 3 yards, which should be FAR more than I need.
mleech77 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up for everyone on the 3D printing front. We compared the size of the current model we have to Carly's and it's just a bit smaller. The buttons on it are the proper size so the overall box size shouldn't be an issue. I have to do a few edits to the model to make it align with what the pilot group says is needed. I'm hoping to have that done by the end of this week and then I can start cranking them out for whoever wants/needs them.

You will need to do the sanding and painting on your own, but I'll remove all the support material so that you don't have that to contend with. I will be doing it in gray ABS so that should there be any chipping of the paint, the base of it will be the proper color.
Just Ducky (Jessie Lynch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbria wrote:
For local folks, I should be able to help out with making the leg flare holders for dirt cheap. I believe that all I need is the top measurement around your boot (so it fits) and preferably, one of your flares because then I can make sure the loops are as tight as possible. (No but seriously... happy to help here. The 25 yard spool for the olive was cheaper than the 10 yard spool so I'm going to have like 24 yards more than I actually need.)

I'm relatively local (in MD) and would love to take you up on this. I haven't gotten my hands on the leg flares yet, but once I do, this would be awesome. Because otherwise I have a feeling I'd go ahead and order a 25 yard spool too, and then wonder /why/ on Earth I did that.

As an update: I've been scraping together the hard parts I had already gotten (com pad and chest box), and making sure my inventory of stuff is up to date. Saturday was spent cleaning my work area so my husband could start on his Clone armor - which meant I found all the stuff I had misplaced for my Pilot over the last year. I've also reached out to DarthHair through Etsy, since I have a helmet kit on order for him. I'll probably reach out to him on the forums, too, since I like his work, and still need a flack vest.
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - Fable "Needles" Thek (Human), Kara'tau Daucus (Twi'lek)
Twi'lek Jedi Librarian - Phine'aduula Brolen

WIP: Battle Handmaid, Clone Pilot, Blue Squad Pilot, Snowspeeder Pilot
chaosbria (Bria LaVorgna)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank and Jessie: Absolutely! Wouldn't have made the offer if I wasn't willing to do it. I think the first one I did took maybe an hour or an hour and a half so they're fairly easy to crank out once you've got the boot's top measurement and do the math. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbria wrote:
Tank and Jessie: Absolutely! Wouldn't have made the offer if I wasn't willing to do it. I think the first one I did took maybe an hour or an hour and a half so they're fairly easy to crank out once you've got the boot's top measurement and do the math. Smile

Awesomesauce! I just ordered the boots today (hurray for holiday/birthday giftcards), so hopefully I'll have teh measurements soon.
Jawa - Duk'ki

treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting a cold, fuzzy brain and exhaustion are a thing, so please bear with me....

Welcome aboard to crashmann!

I can't remember if I stated so previously, but once we get to the belts on the checklist, I've got a good source to do a group buy on 'em for cheap! It's listed on the cost breakdown spreadsheet if you want to take a look.

Also for those who haven't seen me sharing it around in the last couple days, I went ahead and started a general Rebel Pilot Builds group on facebook. It's open to all, so if you know someone interested in a pilot suit who lives in a different region, or someone just looking for pointers on a casual pilot cosplay - please pass that group along!

This will remain the primary place to discuss our group build project. Smile

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
Claudio at Custom Props does X Wing bits and parts. He is in Argentina but I got my flak best from him and got approved. Search Custom-Props on the Facebook and message him I have an email for him elvioroger.ar@gmail.com

RebelFlightTest wrote:
My flight suit and vest case from Claudio. Only had to do some minor fit-to-size work on my vest for approval. He does great work.

As I start looking at my next build (TIE Pilot) I will go back to him again for the flight suit. He’s that good.

He is also a RL member.

Pulling some discussion about another vendor from the Terrapin-side discussion!

I've also added a list of vendor options to the folder on the Google Drive.

Remember to order or acquire the materials to make the flightsuit by Feb. 28th! Also be looking forward toward ordering or acquiring the materials to make a flak vest by Mar. 31st!

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had luck with hearing back from darthhair? I sent him a PM via Etsy on Monday and haven't heard anything. Am wondering if he's more responsive to FB or another platform?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbria wrote:
Has anyone had luck with hearing back from darthhair? I sent him a PM via Etsy on Monday and haven't heard anything. Am wondering if he's more responsive to FB or another platform?

I was wondering the same thing. I reached out to him both on the Forums and on Etsy in the last week. I tried Etsy first, since I have a helmet order in with him through there. No dice so far. I might need to try one of the other vendors (because the thought of making one of those vests gives me anxiety like mad).
Jawa - Duk'ki

Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbria wrote:

I believe either Eric or Stan has been in contact with him, not sure which platform though.

I'm not sure how all of the stats work, but his FB page notes that he typically replies within a day there, so that might be worth a shot.

erictank ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my helmet from him here on RL, but I don't really remember how long it took. It's been a while
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm okay. I'll try reaching out to him via FB next then.

Made my new/correct colored leg flare holder tonight! These are getting easier with practice. I retract what I said before about needing one of your flares: I should be able to do these just fine with the ones I have on hand and if we need to tighten any of the loops a little, it's fairly simple.

[/img]
crashmann (Charlie Mann)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks really sharp Bria!

I'm going to take you up on your offer to make the flare holder

The top of my boot is 17 1/4" around. Please let me know if you need any other details to make the holder, and I'd be happy to compensate you for the time and material - perhaps in beer form?

Those are some fancy looking pieces of flare. Where'd you get them?

Charlie
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like everything is chugging along!

I sent out a google calendar to everyone last week that includes all our different target dates.

Please let me know if any of you didn't receive that or access to the google drive folder for this build. Also let me know if you think of anything else that would be useful to include!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: