Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=180484883d0afc289621ca38ddea5d93Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sabine Wren, Season 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedPanda (Cassandra Faircloth)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Sabine Wren, Season 2 Reply with quote

So this costume is actually complete (finished it January 1, 2018), but I realized I don't have a WIP on these boards. I will be posting what I have in here. Overall, from start to finish, it took a full year to do this kit.

To start this off, I'll make a list;
Quote:
Helmet
Maker: RuthlessFX

Base Armor (Shoulders, Collar, Chest, Elbows, Knees, Boots)
Maker: Eitanya Designs

Additional Armor (gauntlets)
Maker: Templates by Eitanya, assembled by me & Dirgha'tus

Additional Armor (Leg Flares)
Maker: Myself

Blasters
Maker: 3D file by RebelRousingProps, printed by me

Paint Sprayer
Maker: 3D file by 3DPropsNL, printed by me

Gloves
Maker: unknown, got from eBay

Flightsuit (Top & Pants)
Maker: Eitanya

Boots
Maker: Mossimo Avis in Black

Belts
Maker: DarmanProps

Wig
Maker: Arda (Magnum in Emerald Green, will dye darker blue)

Painting of Kit
Maker: Eitanya

--------------------------

Instead of starting on the helmet, I decided to start with making the gauntlets. Eitanya was kind enough to send me her templates and while working on them I made a few modifications to update them for the new season. My husband is who did most of the assembly on the gauntlets, I cut everything out and did some of the intricate sanding with files.

I started with the boxes/displays first as those would be the trickiest.

The displays were based off of this image, figuring it'd give it more life than just a plain display screen. They were done with a clear plastic which we painted the displays on and then placed another sheet of clear plastic over the painted display.

I also noticed something fun while studying this image; There's an additional plate between the gauntlet and the hand plate. So I cut one out of Sintra and I'll figure out how to attach it.

I notched out the one box to better match reference images;

The gauntlets are all but painted now (& minus one screen in one gauntlet), and I'm pretty happy with how they came out. They're proportionate to me and I think they match the references pretty well (as far as how high they go on her arms, how big they are compared to her arm size, etc). Sorry for the bad photo quality; phone was dying so the flash wouldn't turn on

Found what may be perfect gloves. They are 15" from finger to end/wrist, and 15" ends about 2-3 inches below my elbow so I think they'll work out.

Did a little work on my helmet as well; trimmed the bottom and cut out the visor and cleaned up the seam line

And i've had my boots, but I guess I should post a picture of them. The plan is to pull that opening as closed as possible (dang calves, can't close it all the way) and put some black elastic in whatever opening is left to help them stay closed. The straps are all cut off now, just gluing the slits closed from where I pulled them off.

Originally was printing blasters by LToy Creations from Thingiverse, but they weren't exactly right (& were also HUGE). Found another file that is correct and have finally got the sizing right to print them at 11". When laid against my hip they hang in the same area as Sabine's. Went with 11" based on a suggestion from Eitanya and they came out a good size, so I've learned to just listen to her :p

the wig came in! i did a quick test fit/makeup trial once it arrived. i didn't bother to tuck my real hair in well, so there's some blonde coming from the back & the sides...ignore it Wink

i need to dye the roots still and style it but i'm happy with the color.

gloves are in!

also started working on the sprayer & guns & comm. gotta do some cleanup on the prints to remove the lines, but it's all coming along. next up will be cutting dowels for my leg flares Smile

i took a picture of the belts now that they're done. we did have to end up remaking one belt since it was too dark, but as you can see it's all good now. what's left is the holsters around her legs & the leatherwork will be done Smile

wig progress; i actually started it
also i think my fingers are permanently blue

finished wig;

finished weapons/sprayer (painted by Eitanya);

everything painted when i got it back from the painter (Eitanya);

& that's everything. i made the leg flares & their holsters as well (14 per leg) but can't find my images of those right now.

sorry for the massive picture spam everyone!
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

& now for an update;
APPROVED <3
please excuse me while i go cry tears of joy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: