Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2552ff2153748307067e6192bc440fa0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Paige Tico/Reaistance Gunner build.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTR2-D2 (Danny Chen)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Paige Tico/Reaistance Gunner build. Reply with quote

Hello everyone! GTR2-D2 up here in Kashyyyk base bored and thinking of starting a new build to distract me from my other builds. I've noticed a lot of Rose Tico builds on here and thought we should get a few Paiges to go along with them. Or just generic resistance gunners. I got approved in my TFA generic resistance pilot a few months back and I feel like those skills are really gonna carry over to this build. The vest is sans a Mae west peice and no chaps this time, so should be easy peazy. This is a general discussion to tract down parts. If there is a tutorial, it'll be a different topic.
Here's where I'm currently at. Bought a mustard stretch twill fabric. Gonna need more cuz they only had 2.5 yrds in the clearance section with no plans to by more. Thank goodness I found an online vendor. The same store had a 60mm ruffle elastic in white. 2.5 yrds was all they had. Which is fine since this costume doesn't have a ruffled elastic collar like the pilots. I count myself lucky since the 70mm ruffled elastic used for the pilots only comes in pink, blue and orange. I mixed some RIT dyemore and the elastic came out to the color I wanted. The belt is mostly the same as pilots with two little pencil holder sections on each side like an OT x-wing pilot. I have a bunch of that material laying around. Boots look like jackboots, correct me if I'm wrong. I have the back peices from the x-wing pilot vest ready to go with a few mods. And currently waiting for a supplier to get back to me on prices of the vest buckles. All 15 of them. So that's where I'm at.
Things I need help figuring out is the gray/tan ribbed gauntlets. The commpad on the left wrist details, make the chestbox, pattern out the flight cap and identify the gas mask. The hoses look like cheap Rubber eBay gas mask hoses. Two of them this time. Need to track down a maker of the TLJ style Hose connector to the suit. I know of one already, just need to get in contact. Am I forgetting anything?
Normally I like to do all my research and digging on my own. But this time, I think I'm gonna need some help. Any would be appreciated. Merry Holidays!
TKvanB (Kathy van Beuningen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI! I'm surprised to find that this seems to be the only topic currently on this costume. Please correct me if I am wrong and if there is any more research on-going for this.

If not, it looks like I have some researching to do!
GTR2-D2 (Danny Chen)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this was posted I finished my costume and got approved. Lol there's a FB group that has all the research you need. https://www.facebook.com/groups/304278106729154/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTR2-D2 wrote:
Since this was posted I finished my costume and got approved. Lol there's a FB group that has all the research you need. https://www.facebook.com/groups/304278106729154/

SWEET! Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ad to the FB group.

So here's my next question = are there any "costume standards" for Paige Tico or a Resistance Gunner uniform here on the RL? I searched, but nothing came up except for "Rose"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: