Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=256146560ca7b7691a679c53857f5905Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Flashback Luke WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LotlBotl (Christopher)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Flashback Luke WIP Reply with quote

With the DVD out i can now finally start with another costume. Episode 8 shows us two costumes that Luke probably wore after growing a beard but before getting grey hair, so i thought one of these would be perfect for me, so i don't need to color my hair for every event.
I chose the costume seen in the flashbacks, as i made a Ben Solo costume based on the same scene for my nephew.

The scenes in the movie don't offer a great view on the costume, so i also looked at the concept art and the Episode 6 Luke costume for inspiration. The best pictures come from a documentation featurette that shows Mark Hamill break down and cry on set. Here you see the full costume, but the resolution is not good enough to see all details. I spotted the seams of the cape, but the boots are hard to see. On a single picture they look like the Exile Luke Boots with puttees, in motion it looks more like bending leather. The concept art shows knee high leather boots and Episode 6 Luke had them, too, so i am wearing my Old Ben Boots in the picture. They are too short, but as the boots are never seen in the movie it might be OK for now. Maybe i will use my Exile Luke Boots for the same reason, but better proportions before i know what to buy.

I used raw silk for the pants, the vest, the obi and the stole. While i'm not 100% sure about the vest material, i decided to use this material because the episode 6 costume was made from raw silk. I also used the Episode 6 costume for the patterns. As the cape is tied under the arms you can't see how wide the shoulders are, but it adds a lot of comfort. The shirt is made from linen, but i will make a new one as the flap is a but too short and it has gotten a bit tight since i made it. For the Cape i orderes a brown woolen twill that will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

What do you think?
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great start. Smile But I think the stole needs to be darker so there's less contrast between it and the vest.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

LotlBotl (Christopher)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you =)

I first thought so, too, but you can see in both red/yellow and blue/green lighting that the stole is a much lighter color than the vest, it is just slightly darker than the white shirt.

I now finished the cloak. In the documentary mentioned before you can see seams on the hood and shoulders, so i reconstructed it as a three part cloak, not a half circular one as the Jedi Master costume. The seams on the hood help with stability.
I am going for the clean look at the beginning of the sequence, so that i can combine it with my nephews Ben Solo costume. I still have to wash the silk parts a few times with blue ink added to the water to get the best color match, but otherwise i think i am pretty close now.
Although it is not shown in the movie, i will use the leather glove for fighting, simply because it is not possible with my mechanical hand glove.
The picture of the back without the cloak shows how i close the belt. I can cover it with leather like on the prequel belts if necessary.

scooter65 (Scott Bleisath)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking good. I have an approved TFA Luke. I also want to do this costume, because of the shorter/darker hair and beard. I had plenty of gray to pull off the old Luke look, but my wife was sick of me with the long hair and long beard. :-)

I also studied the documentary on the DVD bonus disk. Here is what I saw...

1. Inner tunic is the same as my TFA Luke.
2. Outer tunic and tabards are same color and construction as TFA Luke, but shorter (below the waist vs. down to the ankle).
3. I think the cape is very similar to the TFA Luke cape, but with a dark brown and thicker texture material.
4. Boots are brown knee-high leather. My TFA Han boots should work fine for that.

I want to wear this to Celebration next year. So, I will start growing the beard a couple months before and do the "Just For Men" dye job just before the event.

Thanks

Rebel Y-Wing Pilot
TFA Han Solo
TFA/TLJ Luke Skywalker
Flashback Luke Skywalker
Crait Luke Skywalker
Hof Slidor - Jedi Master
Laed'Gib - Twi'lek Jedi
Laed'Gib - Twi'lek Rebel Pilot
TLJ Resistance Pilot
--------------------------------------
TK-44140 Deathstar Stormtrooper
Greedo
tdstoneman ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooter65 wrote:
This is looking good. I have an approved TFA Luke. I also want to do this costume, because of the shorter/darker hair and beard. I had plenty of gray to pull off the old Luke look, but my wife was sick of me with the long hair and long beard. :-)

I also studied the documentary on the DVD bonus disk. Here is what I saw...

1. Inner tunic is the same as my TFA Luke.
2. Outer tunic and tabards are same color and construction as TFA Luke, but shorter (below the waist vs. down to the ankle).
3. I think the cape is very similar to the TFA Luke cape, but with a dark brown and thicker texture material.
4. Boots are brown knee-high leather. My TFA Han boots should work fine for that.

I want to wear this to Celebration next year. So, I will start growing the beard a couple months before and do the "Just For Men" dye job just before the event.

Thanks

I've been trying to find a good pic of the back but I think the robe that Luke is wearing on Crait is the same as in the flashbacks. Don't hold me too it but going by the sleeve length as it's draped over his shoulders I think it's the same. In TFA I know the robe was brown but in TLJ it looks to be black and flows more like it had the slit up the back to the waist.
More searching and research is needed naturally but I don't think the robes he wore in TFA and TLJ flashbacks are the same.

Luke1994 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What boots you use here ?
Saint (Kevin Austin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: CRL? Reply with quote

Is there a CRL for this?

Knight of the Jedi Order

Owner & Operator of Saint's Customs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: