Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2d54e4482ecbd70449772b4c2c09fb0dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Base is too big! * PLEASE READ*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, if each of your states has at least enough members to form an outpost, and if your base membership is for something like this, then I say go for it. Each potential CO would have to fill out an application for base/outpost creation, which I can send along to them when ready. From what I've heard from your membership so far, however, I think they're more interested in keeping Endor base but finding Regional Captains to take care of each part of the base instead with the exception of Hawaii, which I heard was interested in forming an outpost.

When you say "split each state of the US into its on RL base" I presume you really mean each state in your base, correct? I'm sure most bases would not be interested in splitting up their bases into individual states, nor do most have the active membership to be able to do such a thing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the fact that the task of splitting up every state in the U.S. into different RL bases is a challenging, huge task, so therefore I propose we (Endor Base) focus on the task of working on our problem, Our base.

I propose we have 2 Bases in California. Endor Base and Sunrider Base.

-This option of course would leave Idaho and Oregon out of Endor base including Alaska, and therefore a new base would have to be formed there. Hawai'i can be a seperate base also as Jay Tee as its CO.

just my oppinion.

Master Jedi

Last edited by Master Jedi on Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, Oregon hasn't been a part of Endor Base since March. Kashyyyk Base has been out there since then. I don't know if Idaho has enough active members to consider forming even an outpost, so it would either still have to be part of Endor or be merged into Mountain Base.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems that my knowledge is a bit outdated (sorry). well, we may just hade to assign Reginal captains, like the membership wants, who have the determination and motovation to handle such a job. Again, its just a oppinion.

Master Jedi
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I've been away in Altlanta and couldn't comment on this until now.

We had a pretty good discussion going about the Base sub-division in this thread. And I agree that a great solution would be to divide Endor Base into manageable Regions with a captain for each Region. I'm personally not big on the outpost idea... but if Hawaii (or any other state) would rather be an outpost I really don't have a problem with that. I guess I just thought of outposts as being areas outside of a base, and I'd like to have everyone still feel they can be a part of Endor Base. Regional captains seem like a perfect solution.

For example, I feel we could really use a Bay Area Region within Endor Base. I also feel that Matt Tolosa has been acting as our captain and it would be logical to at least give him the title of captain for all of his efforts in acting as coordinator for everything from photo shoots at Wonder Con and being the official point of contact for many of our recent local costuming events such as the R2-D2 mailbox unveiling, The One Man Star Wars Show, and the NASA lightsaber presentation. People have been finding him through the Fan Force, but if he had a title to go with the leadership he's been providing for our Region it could simply help facilitate communication and contact for future events.

I'd imagine there are members of other regions of Endor Base (Hawaii, Alaska) who may already be active members in their areas who might not mind being considered an official point of contact (aka "captain") if Rebels are needed for an event in their area.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After carefully thinking about it and reading the treads, I agree with the majority. Lets keep the base together but assign Captains to regions, and Matt would be a great choice for me also. question is....where are these regions sopposed to be and how many does california / endor base get?

Master Jedi
hofmann (Matt Hofmann)
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have as many as you feel are needed. If you want one for the Bay area and one for the rest of California, and then one for Idaho and one for Hawai'i if they don't want to form an outpost, that's fine. If you want to have 14 for CA and none for anywhere else, that's just fine too.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the XO and now CO of a large base (both in terms of members and geography) I can confirm that having Regional Captains is a great way to organize the far flung reached of a Base. Echo Base at one time covered all the way from Maine to Maryland and had Regional Captains for all the major population centers.
In Aug 2005 New England split off from Echo Base to form Alderaan Base and in April 2007 Maryland split off to form Terrapin Base.

Currently you have to have 10 members to form a new Base and still leave at least 10 in the Base you are splitting off from. http://www.rebellegion.org/about_charter.php#artIII . But I think there is strenght in numbers and having a large Base with many Captains is a good way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said! having a large state as ours with many state captains is the way we'll go!

We'll let this tread go on for say, a week, so everyone can see and voice their oppinions. If there are no objections we can begin the process of finding State Captains.

for starters, I nominate Jay-Tee Erick for Hawai'i and Matt Tolusa For the City of San Fransisco. ( these are only my choices of oppinion, it will be their decision).

Master jedi
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouraging words, Kay_Dee and Master Jedi. Hmmm. "Captain Tolosa. I like the sound of that", as Han would say. wink2

I can take care of the San Francisco Bay Area. As for how many captains we need, I think we should figure out how spread out geographically our members are first, and go from there. Then, current and new members can know what region (and captain) they fall under. Next, I think a website for Endor Base might be in order, with a "Contact Us" for people looking for us for events would be able to find us.

Thoughts?

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've spoken with you about ideas for an Endor Base web site Matt. I was hesitant to post anything here or run the idea past Robert since my past few months have been so convention oriented (Wondercon, C4, Comic-Con, D*Con) Now that convention season is pretty much over for me, I'd seriously like to see if we can get some kind of web site put together in conjunction with the banner Matt discussed earlier this year, and business cards so we can be ready to go with a booth at WonderCon 08.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a great start Matt!
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Regarding: Endor Base Is Too Big Reply with quote

September 12th, 2007
Wednesday, 2:44 a.m. - O'ahu Time

Greetings, fellow Rebels.

Master Jedi Robert Kovacs e-mailed me about a week ago to inform me of this issue being raised. Please forgive this delayed response.

After Celebration 3 (2005), Master Jedi was gracious enough to allow me to take on the mantle of "State Captain" here in Hawai'i. I am grateful & honored to have the "office" to go around & promote the Rebel Legion as a whole. I'd like to continue doing so as long as the Rebel Legion will let me (or until the Rebel Legion Hawai'i is big enough & active enough to hold elections).

I, too, appreciate the idea of State (or, in some cases, Regional) Captains. I'm sure Master Jedi will vouch for me when I say I've kept in touch with him to report on the activity (or lack thereof) in my region. I'm guessing that having point people to keep in touch with in specific regions can only help.

In addition to all that, Donna / Grey Jedi has approached me (& consulted with Master Jedi) about Sunrider Base taking the Rebel Legion Hawai'i under its wing. They already know I have no problem with that. If it helps the RL, I'm all for it. Still, none of this has been finalized.

At this time, the RLH is still too small for us to form our own outpost. I can understand Kaydee's apprehension about outposts but, then again, the geographic isolation of both Alaska & Hawai'i seem to make such organization necessary. It may be a while before the RLH can be a separate base. I simply took on the name "Rebel Legion Hawai'i" for promotional purposes both within the RL and outside the RL.

That being said, it will be quite some time before the RLH is big enough to be its own base so I won't bother thinking about that until the reality comes closer into view.

For now, I have plans for increasing membership. I won't go into detail in just in case the 501st's Pacific Outpost intercepts this transmission. I will report my activities as time goes on to Master Jedi (and Donna / Grey Jedi).

I agree with the nomination of Matt Tolosa for Regional Captain. That guy is most impressive! I always see him on the news promoting our great group, the RL.

I hope I've made myself clear. If not, please forgive. I'm typing this at about 3 in the morning.

May the Force be with us.........always.

Jay Tee Erricck
http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com << Page 2 of our C4 pictures is up! Lots more still to come!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Regarding: Endor Base Is Too Big Reply with quote

JayTee Erricck wrote:
I can understand Kaydee's apprehension about outposts but, then again, the geographic isolation of both Alaska & Hawai'i seem to make such organization necessary. It may be a while before the RLH can be a separate base. I simply took on the name "Rebel Legion Hawai'i" for promotional purposes both within the RL and outside the RL.
Jay Tee Erricck

Cool Jay Tee - I was hoping there was a captain out in your area! For clarification, I'm not against or apprehensive about outposts on the whole, I do feel there are circumstances and areas that can warrant becoming outposts if they choose to. I just didn't want people to think I believed the entire Endor Base needed to be sectioned off into outposts or that I wanted the Bay Area, for example, to be an outpost. I was just trying to keep the conversation in the context of 'what do we do to organize our base while keeping it in tact.' I'd mentioned in another thread that if Hawaii felt it would be better served or more in line with Sunrider Base I wouldn't even have a problem with you guys becoming part of that base. I'm all for whatever works best for a particular group and helps them function better or become stronger for The Rebel Legion as a whole Smile

Robert, maybe you can make a sticky thread at the top of our forum listing what states Endor Base covers, who your ExO's are, and who your regional captains are (with contact information for those that don't mind giving out a working e-mail addy)? I think there are some of us in Endor Base that had no idea JayTee had been appointed as captain, and that's good info to know and have on record Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea! i think i'll do that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: