About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7e00f9cfcdf278c12335d3e5e49b2620Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Comm Pad Paint Scheme?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Comm Pad Paint Scheme? Reply with quote

Does anyone have accurate photos of the paint scheme for the comm pads? I thought I had some on my computer, but I can't find them. I know there are inaccurate paint schemes out there.

I've had one of Vince's (Corellian Exports) resin pads for years, and have never gotten around to painting it. He doesn't seem to be making them now, at least they aren't on his website anymore. He also used to have pics of painted a X-Wing and TIE comm pad there.

I've tried different search engines, like Google, and I can't seem to come up with any images, other than an old one from Richie's Armor.

This doesn't look accurate to me, because I'm pretty sure there's at least one gray button. (and it looks like these buttons here were colored with Sharpies). Confused Rolling Eyes

If anyone has any pictures they can post, that would be great.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a few different ones,

Erm, for lack a picture ATM, I'll describe mine that I based off some pic somewhere:

Two rectangles in upper Left corner - red

Rectangle, Right side, next to the dice - black

Rectangle, left side, under dice - black

Bottom buttons (L->R) Red Black Grey Grey

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the ones you didn't mention, in the Upper Right corner, the 2 "Dice" and the one with all the holes, remain white, then?

Last edited by Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio) on Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barn ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im at work at the moment, and dont have access to my PC collection of photo's, but i do have a copy of the Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary (doesnt everyone keep costuming books in thier office? Razz) On page 222, there is a pic of the Rebel briefing before the Battle of Yavin.

Only 2 compads can be seen, and they are identical.

The 4 bottom buttons on your picture are closet to the hand, and are painted Red, Grey, Grey, Grey.

The next line up, the bottom on the left of your picture (single red dot) is painted black.

Only other button painted in that screen shot is the button that is red on your Pic, its actually Grey in scene.

Interestingly, the top row of buttons on your picture isnt visible in the movie picture. Its worth noting also that they arnt 'hero' costumes.

On page 204 there is a picture of Luke in pilot gear. The compad is THE OTHER WAY AROUND! It also appears to be larger, with extra buttons, but most of them arnt visible. The row of buttons that is, is the bottom row on your picture. It is the same as described above (red, grey, grey, grey) but also apears to have a 5th white button.

Hope that helps!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a visual person, so I'd really like to see some photos, instead of just have descriptions.
Barn ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 93 of the standard edition of 'Dressing a Galaxy' has Luke climbing into his X-wing, compad is exactly the same as i described above for the briefing scene.

As far as pictures, i wont be able to help (cant scan) unless i do have some at home. I'll check tonight.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope someone can scan those pics, because I don't have any of those books. Sad
Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Computer generated image created by Rogue 9 based on his research into the comm padd

http://www.echobaserebels.com/reference/xwingcostume/commpad.php

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comm pad doesn't look quite like that. What's up with those recessed looking buttons? Confused

But I did spend some time manipulating the image to make it look more like my resin one.

I did a "paint job" more like what Liz describes on hers but I left the upper left large button gray.

I'd post it, but I might be infringing on Eric's copyright, since I changed his original drawing.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In ANH, after Luke says to Wedge, "You worry about those fighters. I'll worry about the tower.", you can see the paint scheme on his comm pad, and it looks like Rogue 9's.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Lori you better be happy, this is more effort than I put into painting mine Razz

That last one is from the scene Matt was talking about.

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Lars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the pad shown in the first post is for a TIE fighter pilot.

Here is a pic, from the Magic of the Myth exhibit. I think it was in Brooklyn, NY in 2002, pics by The Rear Admiral, I'm not entirely sure.
Belonged to a ESB X-wing pilot costume with Luke's helmet. The pocket's window is rectangular, the top part is just creased because that is where the pocket's opening is.
Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the above picture is a Tie comm Padd, The people who put the exhibit together put the wrong padd in the flightsuit.

either that or LFL sent the wrong one.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the pocket upside down, too.

At least for an X-Wing pilot. Razz

I want more black on mine, so I'm going to do the bottom button next to the red on in black, too.

I'm going to make one out of craft foam and see how it looks.

My Fan Force group wants to do a group X-Wing pilot, project and so does Sunrider Base, next year, for those of us who aren't already sporting the orange yet. So I thought craft foam would be an alternative. I was oringinally going to do this before I got my resin pad from Vince.

I have all the supplies, so I think I'll make up some templates and try one this weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: