Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eaf26736f2eb83ce6ed763536ceb1600Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Del Meeko WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueRebel (Charles Bury)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible job!
Lady Mary ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sooooo good!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! Sorry I just dropped off from this thread, but it's been a busy couple of months and I haven't done much with Del since I my last jacket update. I started on the belt today though. I'm not sure if it's going to work yet, but I decided to get a couple for sale signs from the dollar store and use a free scout trooper pep file to cut and bend them into the shape of the belt boxes. My plan now is to seal the corners of the boxes with some epoxy putty and hopefully any flexing after I heat it up and add a slight curve will happen in the flexible flat segments and avoid cracking the epoxy

bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, I started to make myself a checklist and I sort of ended up turning it into a rough CRL outline. I've never written anything like this before, so I'm sure there's plenty of room for better writing, but I haven't seen this particular outfit being discussed much and I thought it might be a useful starting point if anyone wants to use it to develop an actual CRL

1. Jacket
• Red leather or leather-like jacket
• Features lines of stitching or padded ribbed sections around the bottom of the jacket, the middle of each sleeve, and across the front and back of the yoke. (approximately 40 ribs around the base, 10 per sleeve, 20 across the back of the yoke, and 10 on either side of the front of the yoke)
• Large rectangular pockets with pentagonal flap closures on both the left and right front
• Accurate transponder badge set into rectangular hole above the left pocket
• Collar lined with off-white or cream colored fur or faux fur
• Knit cuffs in a darker shade of red than the leather
• Accurate top stitching and seam location

2. Dark Green Flightsuit
• Rectangular thigh and shin pockets with rectangular flap closures
• Pockets similar to OT x-wing flightsuit on chest
• No visible zipper

3. Undershirt
• Plain black shirt
• No visible collar
• Single line of horizontal piping across the upper chest

4. Mid-Calf Black Boots
• Leather pull-on style preferred with low heels
• Boots should be largely unadorned. No laces or ankle buckles (small buckle at top edge of boot allowable if covered by blousing)
• No non-black zippers. Any zipper closure must either be hidden or on the inside of the boot (that is, front and outside zippers are not permitted)

5. Silver leg flares in white or light grey leg band holder
• Maximum of 8 flares per holder
• Flares and flare holder should be approximately 4″ (inches) long
• Metal leg flares are preferred, but other materials are permitted as long as, when finished, give the appearance of being silver metallic in appearance
• Leg flares should be spaced equidistant around the leg
• Worn around the left leg

6. Belt and White or Light Grey Web Harness
• 2.5-3 inch wide black leather belt with no visible front closure
• Front strip of scout trooper belt in black, riveted to leather belt between each pair of belt boxes
• One black scout trooper drop box worn on the right side, connected to front and back of belt using strips of webbing with a black plastic clip buckle in the middle of each strap
• Loop of 2 inch wide webbing with two rectangular silver buckles worn around the upper portion of each thigh
• Each loop hangs from the main belt with a strap of the same webbing worn on the outside of the leg
• All webbing should be the same color as the webbing used for the leg flare holder

7. Holster
• Black leather or leather-like material
• Design matches a Stormtrooper E-11 holster
• Worn on the left side of the belt

8. Weapons
• DH-17 and/or Endor style A280 blaster
bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairly minor update this time, but I've been working on a few thing for Del since my last post. I finished the scout belt, made myself a stormtrooper holster (straps still need to be added), and picked up a walmart toy gun that will make a perfect base for the A280. You can see I've scraped away some of the paint on the belt because I wasn't happy with the finish, but once that's redone, I'll rivet it to the leather belt and move on to the webbing straps Smile

bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since my last update again, but I made another small step toward this costume and sewed together my leg flare holder yesterday! I think I'll try to get through the rest of the belt and straps today

stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this gets approved it will be the First Del in the Legion. You most certainly can write the Costume Standard for it. Just be sure to get full head to toe front sides and back views of the character from the game wearing it for your references. The more you have the better your chances of getting approved.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • MEB Membership Officer
  • Temple Master Tosche Temple Oct 2018 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State
stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, you will need to include references for his story starting at his defection to the rebels and show that this is the outfit he wore from that point on.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • MEB Membership Officer
  • Temple Master Tosche Temple Oct 2018 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State
Hinotori ()
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Amazing Jacket from Dell! Love your Step by Step Pics! You need an Iden to "Complete" your Outfit XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: