Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=687b92c833f052c998fb730389f77c47Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Del Meeko WIP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bh1138 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Rebel Del Meeko WIP Reply with quote

One more warning in case you didn't read the title: This post contains spoilers for the new Battlefront II's story mode.

So I've been eyeing Del's post defection outfit with a spiffy Leather Jacket. Most of the pieces seem straightforward. There's a modified shadow scout belt, a stormtrooper holster with a DH-17, short boots, white straps, pilot leg flares on a white band, a custom jacket with a Cassian-esque plaque, and a black undershirt with vertical ribs. I'd like some other opinions about the jumpsuit though. I can't decide what color it's supposed to be. My first instinct was a very dark olive drab, but other times, it almost seems more like a charcoal gray. Anybody else got thoughts on this? Here's a small gallery of screencaps for reference

https://imgur.com/a/ZA6mY

Last edited by bh1138 () on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with olive as grays are usually reserved for imperials, earth tones for rebels/resisitance characters. That said, the olive probably has gray undertones.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State

Your past is who you are today so move forward and don't look back
bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I agree, olive is probably the way to go. The more I think about it, earlier in the game he's in a dark green rebel flightsuit with some accessories from his imperial uniform. This version seems like it's probably just another step along that same lineage since he's still got his belt, boots, and holster, so it would make sense if the jumpsuit was supposed to be the same green one from earlier.

On a different note, I've taken my first tentative step into this costume by 3D modeling and printing his transponder badge. Looking forward to doing more when I'm out of school in a couple weeks.

Drakora Yeda (Ryan Montgomery)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be jumping on this build because I want to do Del's flight suit!
madar1a (Anna Pawlicka)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of doing Iden in her orange X-wing flight suit, grey shirt etc. I've been trying to find information about approval process for Del and Iden but my search yields nothing. Does anyone have any links/information on how it's been done in the past?
bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good question... I've never actually applied to the Legion before, so I'm not particularly versed in the procedure. I guess I'll have to look into that as well.

I made some actual progress on the jacket today. I began with a cheap leather jacket I found at a thrift store. It had certain gestural similarities and fit the way I wanted, so I decided that for the price, it was worth using as a starting point. Keen eyed observers may note that the jacket is black, but I intend to remedy that with a generous application of Angelus leather paint.

I began by placing painter's tape on the jacket and sketching out the panels that I would need to create with Faux leather where I couldn't coax the right look out of the existing jacket. this was mostly in the middle between the ribbed lower section and yoke. I then transferred the tape to brown paper for patterns and cut out the vinyl pieces.

Next, I went to town with a seam ripper and opened up the jacket. I tested out my ribbing for the yoke, with about 1/2" of batting and a simple broadcloth backing. I'm very pleased with the results.

Finally for the evening, I sewed together the main mid-section panels

Looking forward to sharing more as this progresses! Smile
barrettactual ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm desperate for his jacket. I don't even want to costume it (I'm not shaving my beard for costuming) I just want the jacket for day to day use! haha.

Following with interest, this is good work
bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a bit slow and tedious at times, but I think things are finally shaping up with the jacket.

Apologies for the poor lighting, but I'm happy to be through with the ribbing, Hopefully I can knock out these pockets tonight, then it'll mostly be down to the trim before I can paint and add the final touches!
RogueRebel (Charles Bury)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got access to some of the in game models from BF2, here's Del's jacket with half of his flightsuit under it (the model's broken up in a weird way)

but hopefully that gives you a better idea of the color.
bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, thanks so much! If you've grabbed any other angles or other pieces of the model, I'd love to see them. Smile
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueRebel wrote:
I've got access to some of the in game models from BF2, here's Del's jacket with half of his flightsuit under it (the model's broken up in a weird way)

but hopefully that gives you a better idea of the color.

How do you extract models from bf2. I know it's the frostbite engine but very curious.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly not sure how they do it, I think they use a program called 'ninja' ripper' but it's not always reliable and I know it's not user friendly at all, these are already extracted and rigged for Garry's mod and Source film maker, so I'm not the one extracting them.

bh1138 wrote:
That's awesome, thanks so much! If you've grabbed any other angles or other pieces of the model, I'd love to see them. Smile

I'll get a few more shots of the jacket for you, for some reason they didn't include his entire post defection outfit this go aorund so all I have is the jacket with the top of the flightsuit, if he releases the rest I'll be sure to get you some pictures of it.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this took so long, here's the back.

bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures, I really appreciate them!

Finally back to work on this guy, and I think I'm nearly done with the construction. I fixed up the pockets, so now I just need to do the trim before I'm ready for paint. I plan to add the fur collar and knit cuffs after painting the leather bits to avoid getting paint on them as well.

bh1138 ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, apart from some paint touch ups and the epaulettes, the jacket is finally done! I think I'll focus on the belt next for a bit of a break from sewing, but I'm really happy with how this thing looks Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: