Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=83d5adc42d37676b0c8735f7665c5cafMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Detachment leader role

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leia 77 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Detachment leader role Reply with quote

Hello,

I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Karen and I have recently taken over as the Diamond delegation detachment leader for Elstree Base in the UK.

I have been a member of the RL for 6 years and used to run the UK Galactic Academy. Sadly, up to now real life and the responsibility of the GA has prevented me from being active on the RL boards, but things are starting to settle down and I am keen to build up the detachment in the UK.

Can anyone recommend what they have found useful in their local detachment or any tips.

Thanks

Karen
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! And nice to meet you. Smile

I'm the DXO for RLGS and the new delegation leader of Aurora Delegation (Nordic Base).
Can't say I've done much with the local delegation so far, but I do try to offer help to others so we can continue to add new members and costumes to the delegation.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cross post important detachment news (merch runs, standard updates, etc.) to our Delegation board and Base Facebook group. It helps raise awareness and activity amongst current and potential detachment members who might not watch the detachment forum very carefully.

Proud to be part of Kessel Base - Starblossom Delegation Leader - RLGS council member

WIP: Hera Syndulla & Jarael
Future: X-Wing Pilot | Mission Vao v2 | Way too many Padmé costumes

deviantArt | IG
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing that you can do at a local level is encourage group builds or build parties for various people to get together and work on building costumes together and sharing tips.

You could also facilitate group builds in your base like handmaidens, senate guards, or even a whole bunch of Leia's.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Jenna said. Smile I have a group build of Senate Guards planned and a lot of fabric in my room. Sometimes people just need someone else to take charge and they will be happy to join up.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: