Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3528f65476b907b2f09925aba8bb3085Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Group Costume Builds Guidance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coryphefish (Corellon J)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Group Costume Builds Guidance Reply with quote

Group costume builds now fall under the scope of the Base Membership Officer and will ideally be implemented by local detachment leadership if applicable.

Further guidance:

1. Local detachment leadership is free to run group builds at their discretion, without waiting for a given costume to be "THE" group build that the base is doing.

2. While many prefer to buy or commission pieces, the default should be to help any members who want to build their own.

3. Similarly, minimum build standards will be no higher (within reason) than minimum approval standards. If a $5 chalk holder will get someone approved, we shouldn't force them to buy a $25 dosimeter...even though dosimeters look way cooler!

4. Once complete, a writeup will be posted in either the detachment or the main Freedom Base forum with lessons learned, sources, and tutorials for the benefit of anyone who wants to put the costume together when there isn't a current group build going on.

- An individual who did not so much rebel as saunter vaguely hopewards.

2018/19: Commanding Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment
2017/18: DXO DB94, BMO Freedom Base

Last edited by coryphefish (Corellon J) on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
coryphefish (Corellon J)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank Jon-Ari_Kenobi for starting up our two current ongoing group builds: X-wing and Rebel Fleet Trooper.

It was before my time, but going back through the archives, I could see how much thought and effort you put into finding builds people wanted to do, and then laying the groundwork to make it happen. There's people who are on their way to getting approved costumes because of you....myself included!

Nick "Npask82" Pasquariello of Liberty Squadron and Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson) of Old Glory Squad, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to equip and train this new wave of rebels!

treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I have a document regarding sourcing x-wing pilot pieces that I pulled together for some friends, I'm not sure if it would be of any additional help, but I'd be happy to provide it if there's a specific thread or something similar in place I should stick it?

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coryphefish wrote:
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson) of Old Glory Squad, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to equip and train this new wave of rebels!

I do accept! Again, big props to John and all members of the builds for their past work. I'll be reaching out to all those who have posted their intent to work on a RFT and checking current progress, and how I can help. I'm thinking that I may be organizing a sewing party...
coryphefish (Corellon J)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treblemaker wrote:
Awesome! I have a document regarding sourcing x-wing pilot pieces that I pulled together for some friends, I'm not sure if it would be of any additional help, but I'd be happy to provide it if there's a specific thread or something similar in place I should stick it?

Oh definitely share that in the Liberty Squadron subforum! And even in the main Pilots forum if you want. It'll be great to see more activity in the detachments!

Mnt33r (Dave Chapman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have missed it, but is the pilot build for OT or for TFA/TLJ? My son and I are interested in making the new X-Wing pilot costumes.

Chappie

501st:
Biker Scout
Imperial Line Officer
AT-AT Commander
ESB Darth Vader
coryphefish (Corellon J)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mnt33r wrote:
is the pilot build for OT or for TFA/TLJ

The one that we're trying to pick back up is OT, but I'm sure you can get some insight for TFA too.

Mnt33r (Dave Chapman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, count me in for the pilot build, please.

Chappie

501st:
Biker Scout
Imperial Line Officer
AT-AT Commander
ESB Darth Vader
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I purchased 2 "wide" helmet "kits" for my son and I during the initial group pilot build. However, we never assembled them and have since gotten out of costuming. So, I'd really like to sell them both. I still have them in the huge bag from Mike (in WVa).

I don't remember what I paid for them, but am willing to sell them for less than purchase price just to get them out of my house.

Send me a PM if you are interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: