Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=84af6edfa37d1e98b013d4cf7779bf45Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The Last Jedi - A-Wing Pilot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtyler3 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be

https://www.facebook.com/groups/304278106729154/

Resistance Gunner / Paige Tico Build Group
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CaptainTightpantsCosplay"]The only thing that keeps drawing me back to the cordura, is that we know that it is what was used for the TFA X-Wings. Consistency seems to make sense to me. I am wondering what the Coyote gold or Khaki are going to look like after a green dye wash.

Philonius wrote:
Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Here's some material colors I found while looking around...

Solarium Aytiva Olive:

I like this one. I'd have to see a swatch of it though...

I do like their Solar polyethylenes, I think they make the best X-wing suits. They should make for good A-wing & bomber suits too, if they have the right colors.

DENNY: Haha, great minds think alike Smile I also ordered a bunch of swatches from Rockywoods.... I think they are too dark, and too much sheen on those Corduras.

If you could get the Cordura without the coated backing, then that's a lot better. I got samples from Rockywoods that weren't coated. I know I'm biased as hell (making the X-wing suits from Solar), but the polypropylene is lighter, looks the part, and is more comfortable in the heat to wear.
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you working on your suits, I just got this today, and I have a surplus of it, so I can sell some of it off by the yard:

It's 80mm (3-1/4") wide, nylon, and good-to-go olive drab for TLJ A-wing. $5/yard plus shipping.
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Arym Kalynsar (Amy Kelly)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solarium Aytiva Olive:

http://www.solariumfabrics.com/fabric-library/

Have you been able to find anywhere that sells this?
Thanks!
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arym Kalynsar wrote:

Solarium Aytiva Olive:

http://www.solariumfabrics.com/fabric-library/

Have you been able to find anywhere that sells this?
Thanks!
Not yet, no. Solarium/Richloom might have to be contacted directly, I'm not sure. With Summer coming up maybe more places will start to stock these, too.

This is the only place I've found so far that has any Solarium green fabrics. No Aytiva Olive, though... https://www.fabric.com/find?colorfamily=green&SearchText=solarium

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dshinshin ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all!
With a little dye... this stuff can be great
CaptainTightpantsCosplay ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the film has been released is there anyway we can get a standards discussion?
grenaidan ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also hoping we can get a Standards or CRL discussion going for this costume. The way I see it, there will be 2 versions of this costume, Tallie and "Generic Resistance A-Wing Pilot".

I updated my Imgur album, the first two pictures are the most important to me. The first picture is the costume I'm going to build, the "Generic" or male A-Wing pilot.

The second image is Tallie, the shot we've seen many versions of, but this Topps version shows her boots. The male A-Wing pilot uses the same boots as the Resistance X-Wing, however it looks like Tallie uses regular jack boots. Her vest is also shorter, and her helmet is unique.

Album I'm referencing here: https://imgur.com/a/XwVGS
TIE Reserve Pilot - Active
Imperial Bridge Crew - Active
grenaidan ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also been tracking my research and (very limited) progress via a Google Doc, hoping that it can be used to find stuff for sale for others once it's done. Right now I've only found sources for the Resistance X-Wing boot, the chest box, and some hardware. I'm in touch with someone who should be making flight suits and vests, but waiting to hear back on that.

If you know any sources for parts, or know what the gloves are, I'm after all the info I can get. I've also contacted a few armor makers to see if they're planning to make Resistance A-Wing helmets, so far one maker says that they are planning to, but haven't seen a waitlist or reserve yet.
mbotastic ()
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to build Tallie so much! I loved her brief appearance in TLJ, immediately wanting to know more about her and see more of her. I'll always be sad (and a little ticked) that she died so early in the movie. Like a lot of those characters in the first part of the film, I wish we got to know them more.

Anyway, I'm in pretty far over my head making a Ground Logistics Division build (Riva Rosetta from the visual dictionary). But getting in over my head has meant I have learned a lot. By the end of this I'll have a good working pattern that could make Tallie's flight-suit too with a few additions and omissions. The flight vest seems to be the sticking point. I know one person who submitted and was told that the flight vest needs more references since it is specific to Tallie (the cut is shorter and some of the straps and buckles are different it seems). The vest on the male a-wing is the same as the bomber vest. So one could just make a generic a-wing. But how else will Tallie live on unless we make her? javascript:emoticon('Very Happy').

I'm out here in Massachusetts so I went to that supplier on ebay whose located in Clinton, MA to check out their uncoated Cordura. Its great stuff. The 500d Olive Green uncoated cordura is what I really checked out.

It is thin and a little shiny. I don't mind the thinness and wonder if the shininess could be knocked back with some weathering.

Well I'm excited to have this thread! Hope folks keep sharing and digging into the references. Thanks for everything so far!
Jal_Hasan ()

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have found the helmet visor.
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got that visor in. It is almost but not quite. It is too narrow. I have asked the seller if there are different sizes. But the ends and the nose area are correct. just not high enough on the top part.
Jal_Hasan ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtyler3 wrote:
I just got that visor in. It is almost but not quite. It is too narrow. I have asked the seller if there are different sizes. But the ends and the nose area are correct. just not high enough on the top part.

Well, that sucks. I've got one on the way, I'm sure I can use it for something.
grenaidan ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is also in the TLJ Rebel Pilot sub forum, but figured I'd post it here to keep everything in one place. A user found a 3D designer and had them print a Resistance A-Wing helmet, it looks VERY promising:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1009171
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it appears there are more than one of these A wing helmets. I was searching and realized the visual dictionary has this one:

Notice the body coloring and visor is the same as Tallie's but it is clear it has the yellow/black checkering like the x wing helmets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: