Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=42d2138d7d3e43802f21ae71110fa590Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The Last Jedi - A-Wing Pilot
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: The Last Jedi - A-Wing Pilot Reply with quote

... owkay, i'm in love with this new A-Wing, it looks soooo awsome:

... gone to put money aside for collect bits and parts, let's cross the fingers that bits and parts will be easy get in europe without having to mach issues with customs ...

about the costume, it looks like an update hoth pilot costume
and helmet with an outisde visor, sorry but my opinion it looks nicer then the x-wing version, but this is my opinion

like the cool scarve.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly an interesting outfit, no doubt about it, and it also looks to be a challenging one. The flight suit appears to be closer to the Resistance X-wing pilot suit, but in a different color and a different collar, and possibly different pockets and such. The vest retains the X-wing pilot's puffy collar but the construction of the vest appears to be drastically different.

One interesting thing to note that, at least in the Hasbro artwork, she's wearing gloves that are very, very similar to the gloves worn by Blue Squadron pilots in Rogue One, right down to the stitching and paneling.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TerranCmdr ()

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently TLJ visual dictionary was spoiled.

I don't want to spoil things for myself but if any of you don't care, it's here:

*****WARNING - SPOILERS!!!******
https://imgur.com/a/ZUrrN

You might be able to find some more pictures of the A-wing suits and helmets. If you do I'd love to see them.
grenaidan ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above post doesn't have the Visual Dictionary pages for the A-Wing pilot, but I've been working on reference images for the Resistance A-Wing pilot and my gallery has the Visual Dictionary shots. I'm very interested in building this costume since seeing the film.

There may be spoilers so I'll tag it as well here. In all, it looks very different from the Resistance X-Wing, different helmet mold, different vest, different colored jumpsuit (though the pattern may be the same) The vest looks very close to some fleet crew and ground force costumes, included in the following album.

https://imgur.com/a/XwVGS
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the jump suit is very similar in style, but not exact, to the X-Wing suits. I love the helmet and also agree that the glove look very R1ish.

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
TerranCmdr ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Disclaimer - I don't think any of these images contain spoilers but view at your own risk!***

Found the book in Target and grabbed some pics. Got a good high res one of Tallie

And a few others for vest reference

Seems the transport pilots have the same vest setup.
grenaidan ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I didn't see that shot of the male A-Wing pilot, added to my reference gallery. The vest on the Fleet Crew and Ground Force costumes definitely looks like the same setup as the A-Wings, so hopefully anyone looking to build those costumes can go in on group orders with A-Wing pilots and vice versa!
TIE Reserve Pilot - Active
Imperial Bridge Crew - Active
TerranCmdr ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jump suit looks basically the same as the X-wing, only without chaps or extra straps. Pockets I'm not 100% on yet either. I'm interested to see if anyone can identify the hardware used on the vest.
Thumper (Katie Zajdel)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney Hollywood Studios in Orlando has a Resistance A-wing pilot helmet on display with their TLJ items. I don't know if it's Tallie's screen-used helmet or a replica.

It was hard to get photos due to the glare off of the glass case, but the photos I got that came out okay are in this album: https://imgur.com/a/xujKl
TerranCmdr ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. Thanks so much for these! I'll be 3d modeling the helmet.
ywingfighter (Frank)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... thats great! Many thanks for sharing. Its on my to build list!
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great shots of Tallie's helmet. I do think that the one in the Disney parks is a replica, though, and not a screen-used helmet. I saw a picture of the back of the helmet and there's a plug greeblie similar to the one on the back of the Resistance X-wing pilot helmet but the one on the Disney helmet wasn't painted, it was just solid red... I'm pretty sure that for the movie it would have been painted in, if they didn't just use a real piece for it.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leg strap placement similar to what we're seeing on Star Wars Rebels.
This configuration does make it easier to walk and climb stairs! Wink

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CaptainTightpantsCosplay ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to bleach some of the blue elastic ribbing) similar to the orange and then dye, to see if I can achieve the olive green color.
rtdubz (Trey Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For future notice when everyone is making this, all the straps on the vest portion that go into metal hardware are 1 3/4 inch after researching and finding a majority of these pieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TLJ Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: