Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d592b414fbafb025ecd8b9a98ee19dafMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Temple Guards: Questions for Approval Team members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AssassinGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Jedi Temple Guards: Questions for Approval Team members Reply with quote

So many of us here in the Rogue Base area are starting Temple Guards.
I am needing someone on the approval team for Jedi to help with this as we are looking over the standards and then looking at reference pictures from The Clone Wars and something doesn't seem correct to us. I am going to post reference pictures to back up our thoughts.

The standards states for the Skirt:
"Tan ankle length skirt with an opening in front. Brown woven or quilted panel extends to just below the knee. Both main skirt and panel are trimmed in cream colored fabric."

Now here is what I see.
Looking at the references

The main portion of the skirt look to be the same color as the tabard section. Now the standards state that the tabards are cream colored. And the panel looks to be the same color as the shirt, which again the standards state that the shirt is to be tan.
From what I see on any reference pictures (though some are dark so it is hard to tell) that there is no brown in the whole wardrobe, all I see is tan and cream on the clothing (soft parts).
Here are the colors we plan to use (tan and cream)

We would like to go more screen accurate and do only tan and cream colors for the clothing. The color of the skirt is the only thing pertaining to colors of the clothing that we are questioning regarding the standards. If we can get any help or insight from judges that would be appreciated and most helpful. We want to know for sure before we finishing purchasing fabric.

Second question, this is mainly me as I have read several face character standards and wonder why the Temple Guard is different.
On many Jedi face characters on the lightsabers they say no specific hilt, as long as the color is correct. E.G. Barriss Offee, hers states that a blue lightsaber is needed. On the Clone Wars version you do have the option of getting a Hero lightsaber that is accurate.
So on the Temple Guards it states that you have to have a screen accurate lightsaber. My question is why couldn't people get a double light saber that looks similar with short yellow blades and have the screen accurate ones be Hero? We purchased a saber that looks really similar, so I am posting a picture so we can get input.

The blades will be yellow in color when the lights on are but we don't have the gels for it yet.

Thank you in advanced for the insight. We hope to have a group of Temple Guards finished next year!
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no longer an LCJ, but I have been in the past and wrote this standard, so hopefully I can help with your questions...

The colors in this costume are really tough because they're all close and they are significantly impacted by the lighting and the lighting looks different in every scene and the artwork is even different still. I know I've looked at successive pictures where A looks like B, then B looks like C, but then A is definitely not the same as C. As best as I can tell, there are generally three shades involved that were labeled cream, tan, and brown for clarity though light-tan, tan, and dark-tan may be more appropriate.

Looking at the skirt below, there seems to be a light color for the trim, a medium color for the long skirt, and a dark color for the shorter panel. The skirt trim seems to most closely match the tabards/shoulder wrap while the long panel seems to match the hood trim/shirt sleeve. The short panel seems to be darker than anything else except perhaps the torso of the shirt.

Also, below is concept art for the TG that, while not accurate to the final version, supports the idea of the three colors.

Regarding the lightsaber, most other (all?) Jedi are required to have lightsabers. For face characters, my understanding is that alternative hilts can be used because of the difficulty/expense of an accurate one and they are required to have a lightsaber. Temple Guards are a bit different in that there are multiple occasions where they do not have a saber, but when they do, all of them carry the same design. To maintain this consistency, while also keeping the costume accessible, the saber was made optional. Having said that, I would expect the saber distinction to only be a concern for approval and any high profile events. I'd be surprised if your base CS or event organizers would have issue with you using the saber you posted...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: