Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e6371cdb3a96e0cf069f246db72baacdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New B-wing pilot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidem ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: New B-wing pilot Reply with quote

I'm in the process of planning my pilot, but I'm having a little trouble finding some good images. It seems that a lot of them on the forums have been the victims of Photo bucket.

Also, is there a seller for anything in the required list of items? Especially the helmet?
B-Man ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New B-wing pilot Reply with quote

Avidem wrote:
I'm in the process of planning my pilot, but I'm having a little trouble finding some good images. It seems that a lot of them on the forums have been the victims of Photo bucket.

Also, is there a seller for anything in the required list of items? Especially the helmet?

Hi Avidem,

I'm in the same boat as you and have noticed all the threads that seem promising are all "victims of photo bucket". I've saved what I've found so far on my computer and will upload them at some point as I move forward with my B-Wing costume.

I think I'll try to make my own helmet and chest box from scratch, but it would be nice to know if anyone is still selling kits for these. I did see it mentioned somewhere, so I'll have to see if I can find it again and message the person. If I do, I'll let you know.

Cheers.

EDIT: I found a seller of B-Wing helmets and chest boxes, but since I'm in New Zealand, the shipping cost will be prohibitive for me, so I'll be building my own.

His user name here is 'Blue Banshee Leader' and here is a link I found to his sales information page http://blue-leader-cos.livejournal.com/#post-blue_leader_cos-8349
That was found in this thread - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=751695#751695

Hope this helps you.
Avidem ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get in touch with him. Since his image are victims as well it's hard to decide anything.

I've shipped stuff out that way and it's a nightmare.
B-Man ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avidem wrote:
I'll get in touch with him. Since his image are victims as well it's hard to decide anything.

I've shipped stuff out that way and it's a nightmare.

Yeah, I feel sorry for all the people that have linked to photos on photobucket and now nobody can see the images. What a pain.

I love being a New Zealander and living here, but it can have it's drawbacks… getting stuff shipped here is one of them.

Good luck with your B-Wing pilot.
Avidem ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. I'm talking to a friend about getting my flight suit made. Just waiting on her to get back to me.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get the gallery thread fixed, I've been procrastinating on it, heh heh... But I do have another album up with most of the pictures. I need to go through the rest of my images and see what's missing from the new album.

https://ibb.co/album/eOpGgF

Also, remember to check the B-wing pilot standards as they have been updated...
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/b-wing-pilot-episode-vi/

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Avidem ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming we have a bit of freedom on how the helmet is painted? Also, I'm curious where would be a good place to get the gaiters?
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you have a fair bit of freedom for painting the helmet. Just no real-world text or images/logos, nothing offensive, and usually no neon colors for main parts (though accents would probably be fine).

As for the gaiters, you'll have to make your own. As far as I know no one makes and sells them. But they're pretty easy... Each gaiter is just one length of material, fold it slightly off center in the front to make one rib, facing in, then make another rib facing in toward the other about 1/4" away from the first, stitch them both down, then just stitch the seam together in the back. The strap is made using the same material, put a square or rectangular stitch in the front center of the strap, and either stitch the ends of the strap into the back seam of the gaiters or lay the ends over each other on the outside back and stitch them on, either way is acceptable and canon (though the former way looks cleaner and less hastily put together).

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Avidem ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I saw these gloves on Amazon today and I was curious if they would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Gauntlet-Gloves-Long-Cuff/dp/B072B67LN6/ref=pd_sbs_193_5?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=CX1D1XWDYMY53YC0M274
B-Man ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avidem wrote:
So I saw these gloves on Amazon today and I was curious if they would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Gauntlet-Gloves-Long-Cuff/dp/B072B67LN6/ref=pd_sbs_193_5?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=CX1D1XWDYMY53YC0M274

I'm new here and have only just begun my own B-Wing pilot costume, but those gloves look ok to me. For mine, I've added leather 'gauntlet' parts to shorter gloves.

EDIT: BTW, I've just finished the first of my gaiters and they're quite easy to make.
Avidem ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know how to sew. I need to learn, especially if I plan to keep making costumes.

I did find these coveralls as well. With some modifications they would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Berne-Deluxe-Ounce-Unlined-Coverall/dp/B0096F4V8W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1510449811&sr=8-4&keywords=red+coveralls
B-Man ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avidem wrote:
I honestly don't know how to sew. I need to learn, especially if I plan to keep making costumes.

I did find these coveralls as well. With some modifications they would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Berne-Deluxe-Ounce-Unlined-Coverall/dp/B0096F4V8W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1510449811&sr=8-4&keywords=red+coveralls

Those coveralls look ideal. You'll just need to add the additional pockets. I'm leaving that task until the end so I can get them placed well in relation to the other costume parts.

I didn't know how to sew either. I don't have a sewing machine so I use a needle and thread and do it all by hand. Some parts I use hot glue to hold together, then sew afterwards if I think it needs it. I could've done the gaiter completely with hot glue and it would've looked great, but I'm not sure if an entire costume hot glued together would be approvable Laughing
Avidem ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to take some classes to learn how, but it won't be till after xmas. Looked at how you made yours and I'll probably borrow that method. There is one thing I've noticed. There is not much stated about weathering. I plan to weather my pilot. Nothing crazy. Mostly some light grease and fluid stains here and there and a general "worn" look. I hope this is acceptable though.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those gauntlet gloves look fine to me. The coveralls, I used Berne for mine as well. I did dye them just to get them a bit darker but I think that the batch I got might have been lighter than other dye batches.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
B-Man ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avidem wrote:
I am going to take some classes to learn how, but it won't be till after xmas. Looked at how you made yours and I'll probably borrow that method. There is one thing I've noticed. There is not much stated about weathering. I plan to weather my pilot. Nothing crazy. Mostly some light grease and fluid stains here and there and a general "worn" look. I hope this is acceptable though.

Yeah, I was wondering about weathering too. There's most likely tutorials about it somewhere. I'm going to just focus on getting it done and then I'll think about the weathering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: