Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ed10fbdb8fcf3ad3d2642ea2e88a397Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ALL READ: New/Unfinished Costume Standards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ste-Waz Sandoli ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are meaning there and I guess wrinting it like that is a very good idea. The Jaina's CRL can change if the requirements of the basic costume change without rewrite it. I support your point of view.
Member of the RLSC - #7 in the French Base's Corellian Griffons Squadron
French Base M.O. (in association with PLeia)
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, when was a helmet made a required item for pilots?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Master_Skywalker_ wrote:
Eye colour should not be required.

^^this

Medical devices (of which contacts are) should not be required item

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Ste-Waz Sandoli ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aysel wrote:
_Master_Skywalker_ wrote:
Eye colour should not be required.

^^this

Medical devices (of which contacts are) should not be required item

As it is done with Mara Jade costume, the eye colour shall be an additional item. just can really make the costume stand out.
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody, here are the standards I propose for Roron Corobb, as I want to make mine to be approuved, but generic jeid is not possible (as lots of elements are really different)

I wish to make it approuved as soon as possible after I will have make my gloves, wash it (it needs it a little bit after CE II and people walking on my feet, and because of the body paint) and good pictures taken.

Quote:
Hello

Roron Corobb

Required Items:

1. Accurate Ithorian Head mask. Black or Blue eyes. Mouths can be opened to let the people wearing the costume, see in front of it/on the sides. Eyes of the

wearer must be unseen (lenses or black/dark brown semi transparent fabric in mouth recommended). As the ithorian head are really variable from one source to

another in morphology, here are the requirement : a curved neck, terminating in a T shape in the way of an hammerhead shark. The eyes are on the side of the

T top. There is a little bump on the top of the T, between the eyes. The vertical front part, can have a vertical hollow in the middle (left/right one, not

the up/down one) as most ithorian have, but not the animated stylized ressource about Roron Corobb. There is two mouth, each one on a side of the Horizontal

part of the neck.
  2. Accurate Ithorian feet, no boots or shoes are acceptable. Foot are 4 fingered. (Look a little bit like Elephant foot, see reference pictures)
  3. Clear Beige Bell-Bottom Trouser in an appropriate looking fabric.
  4. Beige/Light Brown Tunic in an appropriate looking fabric. Go high in the neck (see reference pictures), sleeves are large at the wrist. The color must be

the same for body and sleeves, a little bit darker than the trouser. The front where the fabric is overlapping, must have appropriate edge.
  5. White (Gentle Giant Version (GGV)) or Same Clear Beige (Clone Wars Version (CWV)) colored fabric underbelt.
  6. A top thinner belt placed at the center of the underbelt. Width of this belt must be around a third (CWV) of a quarter(GGV) of the underbelt. The top belt

has also some vertical "rods". For the GGV, this top belt and the rods are light grey, covered with fabric (rods can have an armature of something else)rods

length is the width of the underbelt, and there are 6 rods regurlaly placed : 2 on the front, 2 in the back, and 1 on each side. For the CWV version, Top

belt is greyish light brown colored, with rods length being two third of the underbelt width and in the same color than the tunic, at least three rods

required in front : one on the left of the wearer, and two close to each other on the right part. The owner can have some other rods in the back also for

CWV.
  7. Two additionnal poodoo of fabric of the same color and same fabric than the tunic, Starting from the belt to under the lower level of the tunic. (see

reference pictures for additionnal informations on how do they look).
  8. Hands (gloves or bodypaint), head and feet of the same color. The color should be a Terracotta one (Between red, orange and brown).
  9. A lightsaber hilt, with a covertec clip (as generic Republic jedi) (No blade required)

Formal Requirements:
You must have those elements to be Formal

1. Accurate hand gloves, with extended fingers.
  2. Only "Blue" Eyes (a color scheme of black center, blue circle around the black center, and all the remaining surround in white), no Black ones.
  3. LightSaber : only if the hilt dominant Color is silver.
  4. Underbelt and Top Belt of the same version, not a mix between CWV and GGV.

Recommend but Not Required :

1. Blade for lightsaber (only blue accepted)
  2. Only silver part hilt for ligthsaber, in a simple design like Roron Corobb lightsaber. (Episode 1 Mace Windu, Adi Gallia, Kit Fisto, Bultar Swan, Plo Koon

or Ki-Adi Mundi are perfect hilt examples)

Costume Resources:

1. Wookiepedia article
  2. An unpack of the Gentle Giant statuette, with a lot of pictures
  3. A compilation of reference pictures found

by Ritin Kornas around the web

4. Some pictures of Ritin Kornas costume under

construction

Here are my 3 sources :

The clone wars anime

The ACME character key collector

The gentle giant statue

There is also three more visual sources possible : the gentle giant box side drawing, the hasbro figure and the miniature from wizards of the coast. My standards are mostly based on the gentle giant statue.

For more additional reference pictures, you can see the link in the "reference" part from the standards Wink

QUestion : are those standards too hard or not ?
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Sandstorm Leia Standards Reply with quote

I recently wrote standards for Leia's Return of the Jedi deleted scene sandstorm outfit. I included the same standards for her Slave outfit in here as well, because she was wearing the slave outfit under her sandstorm cloak.

Princess Leia Organa: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (deleted Sandstorm scene)

Required Items:
1. Burnished gold/copper metallic bikini top with correct decorative curvature. suede or suedecloth line the bust cups in the following approvable colors: dark taupe, grayish-green or medium gray. Thin black leather or elastic cording cross in back and attaches to sides of the bikini at shoulder on the top and at the sides on the bottom only.
2. Two burnished gold/copper metallic decorated plates worn front and back at the hips, connected by oval gold/copper metallic pieces. Attached are two gathered skirt panels of a burgundy, wine or dark berry purple shade in an opaque, non-shiny, smooth fabric, no crush velvet, one panel per plate.
3. Suede or suedecloth flat or low-heeled boots (heel should be no higher than 1.5”) in the following approvable colors: dark taupe, grayish-green or medium gray. Burnished gold/copper metallic decoration trim the top of each boot on an angle. Tailored boots only – no Ugg or other chunky or winter boots.
4. Two burnished goldish/copper metallic bracelets: one at the right wrist – a large curvaceous cuff with a hole – and one at the upper left arm – snake-like with the ends looped in.
5. Burnished gold/copper metallic collar with silver chain links.
6. Hair in a large loosely twisted or loosely braided bun with a long braid descending from it. Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.
7. Burnished goldish/copper metallic hair pieces on either side of the bun.
8. Burnished goldish/copper metallic hair ornamental tie at end of the braid.
9. Medium-sized gold hoop earrings.
10. Large Medium Brown Colored Cloak, covering the body and reaching below the knee. The cloak has four stripes going around towards the bottom of the cloak. There are two wide stripes with two thin stripes in the middle. The wide stripes have about an inch of space between them and the thin stripes. The thin stripes have a centimeter of space in between them. The stripes are a light golden color. The stripes can be fabric sewed onto the cloak or painted on (make sure the paint looks neat, nothing too blotchy or uneven)
11. There is a hood-like cloak on top of the larger cloak. The hooded cloak has fabric draping across the larger cloak down towards the front. The hood should cover the hair, but end right before the goggles. In the back, the hooded cloak goes down past the shoulder. It is the same fabric as the larger cloak.
12. Black goggles, with two separate lenses (not one large lens)

Optional Items:
1.Mid-sized or tall Unleashed vibroaxe

Here are the reference images I compiled for this costume

Since I am not a costume judge, I know that my standards may not be perfect. Perhaps a judge or more experienced costumer can revise or add to what I wrote Smile

Please note: Since the Slave outfit is worn under the sandstorm cloak, I included the same standards written for Slave Leia. I did NOT write that portion of these standards. I give full credit to the person who did write the Slave Leia standards.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Mara Jade as Arica the Dancer Standards Reply with quote

One of the costume judges for the category of this costume told me to post the standards that I wrote on this thread Smile

Mara Jade as Arica the Dancer Disguise (Star Wars: Expanded Universe)

Required Items:
1. Sleeveless fishnet or mesh top with a blue fabric applique covering the chest in the shape of wings. The blue applique has five “fingers” extending from each side. The applique has decorative black stitching. There are two triangular topstitches on the top portion of each wing. In the center of the applique, there is a circular design stitched with a vertical line going down the center of the circle.
2. Two skirt panels (made of the same blue fabric as the chest applique.) The skirt panels are front and back, but still connected to each other on the sides. The pieces of the skirt connected at the sides have decorative belt loops (one at each side. A second belt loop on each side is optional.) The skirt panels must be of a fabric that drapes nicely (lycra/spandex fabric is recommended but not required.)
3. Wide Rectangular cape. This can be made of the same fabric as the skirt and chest applique, or it may be sheer. Two thin, black bands hold the cape to the costumer’s upper arm (one band per arm) and two silver bracelets connect the cape to the costumer’s wrists (one bracelet per wrist.)
4. Black leggings/stockings beginning mid-thigh and ending at the ankles.
5. Silver circlet with decorative blue gems on each temple.
6. Hair is wavy, and can be shoulder length to mid-back length.

Optional items:
1. Black or silver sandals. These are recommended (but not required) while trooping to protect the costumer’s feet
2. Garter belts at the top of each legging/stocking. The garter belts are black and have decorative silver, oval-shaped designs spaced among the belt.

Costuming Resources:
1. http://sewsewing.wordpress.com/tag/mara-jade/

Reference Images

Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that point, Mara Jade was still in the Emperor's service, right?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, she was. There is also another Arica costume (from Mara Jade; by the Emperor's Hand), but it is not submissible in the RL due to only appearing in that comic (as far as I'm aware). And of course, Mara is purely imperial at this point in her life.

(Which reminds me; why does the wampa have a standard in the RL? Can it even be considered neutral?)

As for Jaina, Mara, Leia, Han, Luke etc. eye color: I'd say include it in the optional list. It's great to write what eye color a character has if you want to wear lenses, but that's it. With hair color and style you can always wear a wig, but lenses are not for everyone.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:

(Which reminds me; why does the wampa have a standard in the RL? Can it even be considered neutral?)

The wampa is an animal, it has no side. And plus, I think that it's in some cut scene, or maybe the novelisation, I don't remember, but threepio change some signal on door prisonning some wampa in the rebel base of Hoth. And then imperial snowtrooper open the door and are also attacked. So, wampa attack both side, then, he has no side.

New question, would a "redempted" vador be accepted. Well, after he help luke to kill the emperor, it can be concedered as a good guy ! Smile (ok, it's a joke, but, well, could be Smile )
Mac Bragg ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandstorm Leia Standards Reply with quote

Princess Liz Fett wrote:
I recently wrote standards for Leia's Return of the Jedi deleted scene sandstorm outfit. I included the same standards for her Slave outfit in here as well, because she was wearing the slave outfit under her sandstorm cloak.

Required Items:
1. Burnished gold/copper metallic bikini top with correct decorative curvature. suede or suedecloth line the bust cups in the following approvable colors: dark taupe, grayish-green or medium gray. Thin black leather or elastic cording cross in back and attaches to sides of the

- EDIT -

How about :

Required Items:
1. Approved "Slave Leia" costume as described here <-insert the actual link there
2. Large Medium Brown Colored Cloak, covering the body and reaching below the knee. The cloak has four stripes going around towards the bottom of the cloak. There are two wide stripes with two thin stripes in the middle. The wide stripes have about an inch of space between them and the thin stripes. The thin stripes have a centimeter of space in between them. The stripes are a light golden color. The stripes can be fabric sewed onto the cloak or painted on (make sure the paint looks neat, nothing too blotchy or uneven)
3. There is a hood-like cloak on top of the larger cloak. The hooded cloak has fabric draping across the larger cloak down towards the front. The hood should cover the hair, but end right before the goggles. In the back, the hooded cloak goes down past the shoulder. It is the same fabric as the larger cloak.
4. Black goggles, with two separate lenses (not one large lens)

Optional Items:
1.Mid-sized or tall Unleashed vibroaxe

Again, this keeps the two costumes in sync with each other without having to make multiple edits if a standard is changed.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Assistant LMO said that the Slave Leia standards should be grouped in with these standards, because that would make it easier than having to look at two different sets of standards. He said that some people sometimes have difficulty following one set, let alone two.
For example, in the standards for Leia's Endor Commando Poncho, the standards for her rebel briefing outfit (which is worn with the poncho) are still listed in that set of standards for the same reason
UCGR Detachment CO
Legion Costume Judge
501st Legion member DZ-11177
https://www.facebook.com/liz.welsh.963

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Shadows of the Empire Leia Reply with quote

Here are more Leia standards that I wrote, this one is for the outfit she wore while in Prince Xizor's Palace in Shadows of the Empire. This outfit of Leia's was also made into an action figure and had it's own portrait on the action figure box.

This costume has been formally approved by a member before, I think her forum user id is "Bossi." As far as I know, she is the only one with this costume formally approved. It is a costume that I would like to do as well, so I figured that it would be a good idea to write standards for it and collect reference images.

Leia Organa, “Shadows of the Empire” Comic (this outfit is seen while Leia is in Prince Xizor’s Palace)

1. Blue unitard ending at the ankles. The unitard is low-cut and has straps (about an inch or so wide.)
2. Long blue fingerless gloves of the same fabric. Gloves should reach above the elbows.
3. Blue belt, about an inch wide, with a small rectangular golden belt buckle in the center of the front. Belt should be at the hips.
4. Sheer, lighter blue cloak attached to the gloves by golden rectangular bracelets. The golden bracelets should be just above the elbows
5. Darker blue, very thin headband and choker necklace. These two items should be made of the same material. The blue color is darker than the blue of the unitard. The choker has a small rectangular golden brooch in the center front.
6. Blue flat shoes, should be about the same color as the unitard and gloves.
7. Hair is pinned to the left side by a golden hair clip. The hair clip starts behind the right ear with a long golden rectangular strip, and then a circular golden piece in the middle. The left of the circular piece is where the hair should start to fall down.

Optional Items:
1. Red lipstick
2. Red fingernail polish
3. Blaster

Reference Images:

This is the portrait card of Leia in this outfit (as seen with the comic pack)

Action figure pack

Loose action figure

Here is a link to fellow legion member Bossi's costume. I think she did a fantastic job Smile http://rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=5051
UCGR Detachment CO
Legion Costume Judge
501st Legion member DZ-11177
https://www.facebook.com/liz.welsh.963

Ste-Waz Sandoli ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Baron/Colonel Fel Costume Standard - Revision Reply with quote

I am not yet a member of the RLSC (Edit : now I am), so I can't post in their subforum.
After the great update of the X-wing Pilot costume standard they greatly managed, I'd like to introduce a minor revision of the Baron / Colonel Fel Costume Standard. Just to make work with any future evolution of the x-wing pilot CRL.

Baron/Colonel Fel Costume Standards - Revision

Required Items:

1. X-Wing pilot Costume descibed here with the following changes and additions :
a. Black flightsuit in the TIE/X-Wing pilot style with a 1'' to 1,5'' red strip running from where shoulder meets collar to wrist, and armpit to ankle on both sides.
b. the leg flare band holder must be black.
c. The flakvest can be white or light grey.
d. The chest box is secured around the collar and the back with black or olive drab nylon/polypropylene/polyester straps (black is prefered)
e. The Comm Pad may be either the white X-wing version or the black TIE version.

2. Hair must be black/colored black and combed back in "widow's peak" style haircut.

3. Facial hair cut in "goatee" style or a consistent "five o'clock shadow."

Formal Requirements:
You must have at least one of the following items to be accepted:

1. X-Wing helmet with Baron Fel style decoration.

a. Black helmet has a Mohawk design and raised side panels as seen in the films.
b. White trapezoidal cap on the front of the Mohawk with the appropriate design.
c. Amber or dark grey colored visor covering the eyes (maybe be fixed or movable).
d. White chin cup with black elastic straps. Elastic straps should be fixed to the inside of the helmet.
e. Black weather stripping around the “ears” and neck borders.
f. Baron Fel paint scheme, including a red Rebel Birdie on the left side of the Mohawk and a doted red line on the Mohawk

2. Mini-flares on belt.
a. A mix of filled and empty slots are okay.
b. Metal or other materials that, when finished, have a metallic silver appearance.

3. Accurate belt buckle on web belt, as described in the X-wing costume reference library.

Last edited by Ste-Waz Sandoli () on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prima di Corso ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I am brand new to this forum but as I would like to work on a costume that has no adopted standards I figured I might as well post some and hope for the best. I wasn't very interested in Shmi Skywalker til I started looking around for a costume to reproduce that seemed reasonably attainable and as a mother of two, well the role seems to fit so here goes.

Required Elements
Shmi Skywalker (Episode I, The Phantom Menace)
1. Undershirt with long sleeves of light grayish green with uneven nubby texture
2. Underskirt of homespun rough fabric in medium brown or tan, full and gathered
3. Skirt of homespun looking dark grayish green linen or wool look fabric, full and gathered, same fullness as underskirt
4. Overtunic of very rough textured fabric in slightly lighter gray green fabric than outer skirt, rounded neck, no collar, overlapping left over right. Neck and hem bound with brown binding less than one half inch thick. Neck shape is a V and should extend down to a few inches above the bust. The front of the tunic below the belt should end near the bottom of the hips in a straight line across and there are slits on both side seams up to almost the waist. The tunic comes to a point in the back with some slight flair giving a fuller effect. Lowest point of tunic should remain several inches above knee. Sleeves should reach to the wrist when extended and have 3-4 inch folded back cuffs and sleeves should be wide and bathrobe-like, not constricting, fabric should look worn and distressed about the neck.
5. Belt of brown leather or sturdy fabric with a right side up, upside down triangle pattern in a lighter brown, triangles defined with edges of beige, method of closure should be hidden ties or snaps at the right side as closures are not visible from any other angles, belt should be approximately 3 inches wide or proportioned to the wearer.
Accessories
1. Shoes, brown or black leather or leather look boots, no visible studs or buckles worn looking rough leather is best
2. silver pouch with geometric pattern with black cords connecting to both top sides. Two or three beads of red and yellow at the connection. Cords should be tassel like and bound with cording of the same type at intervals, tassels from the cords should hang below the joint between the purse and cords.
3. Mladong Bracelet: metal cuff bracelet 2-3 inches wide with circle or dot pattern following the line of the arm at several intervals around the bracelet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: