Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6c003fb3af568480a9b2aa749c3cb962Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ALL READ: New/Unfinished Costume Standards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qui-Ran Demera (Max von Luetgendorff)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: I have got quite an issue here... Reply with quote

Since I do not know where else to post this, I will try here.

I've got quite a problem.
I am not able to register my costume new (as requiered), the server always gives me a

"Bad Request - Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand."

I tried several times now, so what shall I do in order not to be "archived"?

Can you help me. please?

All the best
Qui-Ran Demera
Alpine Outpost Co

JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm, I'd try the tech support forum. I haven't seen that error.
Qui-Ran Demera (Max von Luetgendorff)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnank you, will try my best.

Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to suggest some changes to 2 handmaiden standards. The first, is the pre-senate robe, because what we have now is still very basic and not very descriptive of the actual costume.

Handmaiden (Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Pre-Senate Robe)
Required Items:
1. Medium Gray, floor length, under dress. With long sleeves that are ruched (gathered) from the elbow to the cuff.
2. Charcoal Gray, floor length, outer tunic. With long, narrow, open, sleeves, and side vents from below the hip to the hem.
3. Black & Maroon Hooded Scarf. One side of the scarf should be of a black or very dark maroon fabric. The other side a maroon or dark berry fabric. The scarf must be long enough to go past the costumers’ knees, and have a maroon tassel on each end.
4. Hair must be pulled back off the face, and hidden under the hood.
5. Shoes should be dark dress shoes.

The second is the maroon cloak, because the pre-senate robe gets worn underneath. We need to have the standards match, and the maroon cloak standards are still very basic and could use more description of the actual costume.

Handmaiden (Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Maroon Cloak)
Required Items:
1. Charcoal Gray under dress/tunic.
2. Black & Maroon Hooded Scarf. One side of the scarf should be of a black or very dark maroon fabric. The other side a maroon or dark berry fabric. The scarf must be long enough to wrap around the neck a few times, then go past the costumers’ waist, and have a maroon tassel on each end.
3. Floor length, red/maroon velvet cloak with large, drapey satin lined hood.
4. Naboo Royal symbols, etched or ironed into the velvet, down the front of the cape and across the hood.
5. Hair must be pulled back off the face, and hidden under the hood.
6. Shoes should be dark dress shoes.
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Leia Organa Solo (New Jedi Order) Reply with quote

Leia Organa Solo (New Jedi Order)

Required Items:

1. White gown no shorter than ankle-length made in a knit fabric that is not sheer with high, fitted collar. Gown has a white, partially open hood to the waist (gathered rectangle style preferred), wrist-length to knuckle length bell sleeves and slits up the sides to or just below the knee. Gown may not have shoulder seams unless raglan, no center front seam, and lining the gown is recommended but not required.
  2. Belt is white leather or vinyl with slight "V" shape. It has 7 metal pieces on it, 6 matching with one larger different shape in the center front. Belt pieces may be spaced according to the wearer’s waist measurement or additional plates identical to the 6 plates made be added for an even-spaced look (though 7 plates total are preferred and no less than 7 plates allowed).
  3. White leather or non-shiny vinyl flat or low (1/4" to 1 1/2" in height) soled at least mid calf high boots without laces or logos.
  4. Hair pulled back (completely or partially *see reference pictures) into a large full bun. Gray hair naturally-occurring color only; no bangs.
  5. Blue-blade lightsaber with silver colored hilt.

Optional Items:

1. 8th metal plate on back of belt.

Reference Pictures:

1. Star Wars Novel, The Unseen Queen; Dark Nest II.
  2. Star Wars Novel, Exile; Legacy of the Force.
  3. Star Wars Miniatures: Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Knight # 35 - Legacy of the Force.

Costume Resources:

1. StormtrooperPrincess Leia Senatorial Gown Tutorial
  2. Kay-Dee Leia ANH Tutorial
  3. Padawan's Guide ANH Leia Page
  4. Padawan's Guide End Gown

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've been working on my Plo Koon (Clone Wars armor style) and decided to start the CRL for it.

Here's my first draft and I would like for you guys to see it and allow me your thoughts.

Plo Koon (Clone Wars Jedi General Armor Style)

Required minimum Items:

1. Full head and neck covering Latex mask. Rubies Deluxe edition Plo Koon mask accepted. Silicone mask suggested. Rubies regular latex mask is NOT allowed for submission as it lacks details important to the look character.

The rubies deluxe mask MUST be modified for acceptance (correct installation of the mouth tusk filters), adding the holed lenses with the right pattern (the mask has no lenses at all inside the rims) are a must.
Padding must be installed to achieve the right shape of the head. Masks that cave in on themselves or loose shape while being worn will not be accepted. Hard padding inside the mouth filter to maintain the correct shape encouraged. Just this area will help the rest of the mask maintain shape in front of the public. Kids and specially Clone Wars fans can be VERY nitpicky about looks.

2. Hands must be molded to have 4 fingers with the “middle one” being the thickest one (accommodating 2 fingers inside). Latex “Dobby hands” accepted with modification to paint color and color stain schemes added. The middle finger talon must be added. Color of these talons must match the mask’s mouth filters and lenses in a sort of aged copper color.
dobby hands must have internal padding to prevent “wrinkling” and the latex to cave in with movement.

Dobby fingernails are accepted as it but replacement of nails with acrylic nails with the right shape is encouraged however, do so only if you have the knowhow to achieve it. We do not wish for you to ruin a perfectly healthy pair of 4 fingered gloves in your quest for accuracy.

Hands must wear black, leather, pleather or rubber fingerless gloves. Middle and ring fingers must be modified to be attached as to make on single finger.

Custom made fingerless gloves in the size for the 4 fingered hands is encouraged for better results.

3. Pants and undershirt must be a light mossy-khaki green. Undershirt may not have sleeves.
Undershirt should have a 2 ribbed round neck much in the style of the “Lost in space” uniforms and should not be completely tight on the mask’s neck. At least an inch or “Looseness” should be noticeable between the mask neck and the undershirt’s neck. No front nor sideways closing system (Buttons, Velcro or zipper) is visible. This should be added to the back if need to.

Long sleeved Shirt must be a light chocolate color. It should be V shaped, overlapped right over left in the front and the sleeves should be arm snug without being overtly tight nor baggy.
Shirt should have a baggy (Oby Wan-like) hood in the same color. Hood can be made with an inner zipper attachment to be made removable. The hood is not a must but Master Plo is seen several times with the hood on or hanging on his shoulders and back si the ability to attach or remove the hood would help.

Hood should have a pointy back and a 3 leveled “seam” in the upper frontal part.

4. Tabbard should be a dark chocolate color with a V shaped neck and chect BUT with no overlapping of the V opening. In fact NO overlapping pieces must be visible on the front nor back of the tabard’s torso and a single vertical seam is visible from the bottom of the V opening to the waist. Seam is lost under the Obi and belt.

A pair of “shoulderpads” come from under the tabard’s shoulders and cover the full length of the shoulders down to the side of where the biceps start. These shoulderpads are tight over the shirt’s sleeves.
Starting on the waist and right under the Obi and Belt the tabard turns into a knee length skirt with a triangular front and semi rounded back. 2 frontal tabard flaps run over the skirt and stop 2 inches lower than the skirt length.

the skirt’s back as an inverted V opening about 3 inches wide in it’s lower part and running up until half the back of the skirt length with a back flap of cloth in the same color of the skirt. It is adviced to keep this inner flap at least half the skirt’s lenth and at least 2 inches shorter than the outside of the skirt to allow for comfort movement of the legs.

5. Obi and belt are a light shade of brown. Almost kakhi in tones and they are NOT the same tone as boots. Be aware of that.
Belt does not sport food pellets nor boxes or pouches but use of these Items is not shunned from the character. If using these, however, use only 1 or 2 pouches and no more than 2 food pellets.

6. Boots should be leather and are a reddish hue of brown. Not too dark nor light. Boots should look weathered and used but not too distressed. Length is up until 2 or 3 inches before the knee.
Boots must be made in layers starting with a “pirate” flap over the body of the leg of the boot and this should be overlapping over the foot part of the boot. The nose of the boot should be round instead of square or ponty.

Ribbing must me molded on the leather in an extruded way (outwards) with a central ridge and 3 ribs coming out of it and running horizontally all around the boot’s body. Foot area must have a central ridge with 1 rib coming out of it and running vertically towards the sole.

No frontal outward side nor back zipper will be allowed. Only inner side of boot zipper will be permitted although no zipper nor seam is encouraged.

7. Costume MUST sport clone trooper arm armor (Hand plates, gauntlets and elbow plates) Armor should be molded after the Clone Wars TV series in white color. Weathering of these pieces is encouraged.

Reddish brown colored Crest must be painted on the gauntlets. Vinil Sticker can be applied if each piece is separated from the other on the design (No white sticker material uniting the brown ones)

Color or crest is the same as the Boots.

8. Lightsaber must be modeled after one of the 3 models that Master Plo Koon has used over his career as a Jedi Knight and Master, however color of the blade must be Blue without exception as this is the color he uses in the Clone Wars TV series. Hilt only prop is accepted but a full lights and sound FX lightsaber is encouraged. Reversed Maul styled hilt is highly recommended for accuracy.

Lightsaber must be hanged from the belt by a belt clip instead of a D-Ring system.

Optional:

Suggested, but not required:

1. Brown hooded robe. Obi Wan Kenobi “Kamino” styled. Knee length in dark chocolate color.

Costume Resources:

On the works… (resources will be added as I find them and use them for my build)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to suggest an update to the following costume:

Quote:
The Fringe Costume Standards

Lando Calrissian (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Bespin)

Required Items:

Blue cape with collar and paisley/patterned lining
Blue shirt with darker blue cuffs and collar
Blue belt
Dark blue pants
Dark blue/black shoes
Winning smile

Required Items:
Blue cape with dark navy blue/near black collar in leather-like material and dragon/patterned brocade gold color fabric lining .
Blue shirt with dark navy blue/near black cuffs and collar in leather-like material.
Dark navy blue/near balck belt in leather-like material
Dark navy blue/near balck pants
Dark blue/black shoes 70’s style boots with high heels
Winning smile

Optional Items:
wrist comm
( http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/06/Lando_TESB30.jpg )
Blaster (need exact info on blaster type and model)

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to suggest some clarifications to the Mon Mothma - Alliance Officer standards:

Required Items:
1. White full floor-length tunic with a jewel-neck collar and wide, loose fitting sleeves. Sleeves should be knuckle length before being pulled up to just above the wrist with a large sleeve fold that is tacked down.
2. Dark mud brown or charcoal black shirt gathered at the wrists.
3. A necklace consisting of two gray twisted cords, with a round, silver pendant suspended from a silver chain in the center. The necklace should be attached at each shoulder and end with the gray cord wrapped around a small, domed object, such as a button, with single strand of the same gray cord around the back of the collar.
4. Appropriately-styled hair shorn above the collar; naturally-occurring hair colors only.

The necklace and sleeve descriptions were really unclear, especially the necklace. No one could tell me what a "Hana" pendant is, and also it is clear from screen shots that the shoulder brooch is nowhere near the same as the center pendant.

The sleeve clarification is a minor one, but saying that a sleeve should be knuckle length but show the cuff of the undershirt was a a little confusing.

I have some screen shots if that will help.
SoCal Youngling ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there official requirements for Satele Shan from "The Old Republic" trailers, as opposed to her appearances in the comics. I've completed my costume of her and was wondering if I could submit it for approval.
MadameKat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking for costume standards for Marisiah Fel but can't find any.. what section should I look under.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadameKat wrote:
I have been looking for costume standards for Marisiah Fel but can't find any.. what section should I look under.

If it is not in here or the main costume standards section there is a good chance that standards have not been written for it yet.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.. had a chat to a local member and they said they haven't.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadameKat wrote:
thanks.. had a chat to a local member and they said they haven't.

You have an opportunity then. You could draft some standards and post them here if you'd like to help develop them. This is not to say they won't be edited or refined, but you could get the ball rolling.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to put my Jocasta Nu in for judging and become a full member first but I did get told I can help... there are two (I think) costume standard judges locally, so I will be going to work with them.. very handy!

Thanks for the encouragement! Smile
DarthGM (Phil Maiewski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Consular (Star Wars: The Old Republic, Storyline Trailer Outfit)

Required Items:

1. Brown outer-robe with large hood extending to the knees, light blue stylized runes running from hem of robe and hood opening. Torn/tattered hem and shoulders. Shoulders are supported underneath to stick out and drape to a point over the side of the arm. Back has two large rope-like adornments that attach to the sides of the robe. Robe meets in the back with a large gap with a tan/off-white closure under a large triangle of dark brown fabric that runs from shoulders to tailbone.
  2. Blue ankle-length Under Robe with hood, sleeves have a “wrapped” look to them, Hood has brown trim around opening with blue runes, two brown straps with different runes running parallel to the bottom hem of the robe (1 just below the knees, one just above the hem)
  3. Tan/Natural Outer Tunic, long sleeved but sleeves are tighter to arm than Generic Jedi tunics (more like a long sleeve shirt. Tabards or faux-tabards attached from the sides to cover Obi
  4. Olive green or dark brown undertunic. T-Shirt collars are okay.
  5. Dark Brown Obi/Sash (or mock-obi) worn high to the base of the rib cage.
  6. Gold quilted obi worn at belt-level
  7. Linen front sash with two red stripes just below the belt. Sash should be tapered and hang to the knees
  8. Four-layered skirt; top layer is pleated dark blue skirt with an irregular hem to the knees. Two dark brown bands circle the skirt. Second layer is White Leather apron with blue/while tall runes. Third layer is a basic dark brown skirt under apron ending about mid-calf. Bottom skirt is a different shade of dark brown from the third layer, and has light blue tall runes around the helm. Skirt overall length is to the ankles, and bottom runes should be partially visible on all sides (Blue inner-robe should not obscure skirt completely
  9. Brown wide leather belt with smaller belt over it. Smaller belt ends with a long buckle rounded on the right and flat on the left with chevron-like markings pointing to the left and a white or illuminated dot on the right centered within the rounded portion of the buckle. Four small 1-1.5” leather pouches circle the belt. Below the buckle is a metal cylinder attached to the bet on two metal posts. The ends of the cylinder have a white or glowing circle (as on the buckle)
  10. Three pairs of braided cords hanging from the center of the belt’s front, down the sides, and meeting in the center of the belt’s back.
  11. Covertec Clip or Belt loop to hang lightsaber hilt from
  12. Blue gloves with dark brown wrist cuffs. Cuffs have three small sleeves with metal greebles tucked in them, hanging out of the sleeve equally on both ends. Natural/tan linen handwraps to cover the palms and back of hands, then loosely crossing up the arm to the elbow
  13. Footwraps; right foot is all brown, with a blue strap wrapping up the leg to the knee. Left foot has blue straps for the bridge of the foot to the ankle, then brown across the Achilles tendon and top of the ankle, then blue straps up to the knee. Straps can conceal “Teeva” style open toed sandal as long as it has minimal straps and straps are covered.
  14. Lightsaber hilt; not a toy saber or Hasbro Ultimate FX Saber. Blade is optional, but blade color cannot be red or black. Double-bladed sabers are okay (and encouraged if portraying a "Jedi Shadow" version of the Consular)

Costume References:

1. Jedi Consular Class Page at swtor.com
  2. Jedi Consular Storyline Trailer
  3. Reference Images from Bioware Development Team

This is what I have thus far. I have more reference photos I've obtained from Bioware, focusing on the sandals, the belts and gloves, and a model with the hood up. There are several contradictions within the images, tho. Things that appear on one, but not on the other. For example, there are dark brown short sleeves on outer robe on the images with the hood up, but not on the images with the hood down (showing the blue under-robe's sleeves more clearly.

I have no clue at what point "Informal" and "Formal" occurs for this outfit either.

Also, this was the original coloration for the "PVP Battlemaster" outfit that could be obtained in play. In May, the outfit was altered slightly by altering some of the colors. With the correct color palette, this CRL could be used as a reference for that too.

If anyone can make sense of my CRL entry for this, or make suggestions for cleaning it up, please do. My terminology isn't the greatest, and I welcome guidance and criticism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: