Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6856480fdb8d9a68918d941758b4a282Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clone Wars SnowBunny Padme Q & A
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, I finally have a couple photos!! Of course, I'm going to be replacing the gloves, because I super hate the way these fit, and I finally got enough blue trim to redo the boot tops and gloves (after the cats ate 2 boas... they really like "bird hunting" in my sewing room!)

Here's one with my sister wearing my Lake Padme and me in Snowbunny (I still have to finish the hair bands for Lake Padme, and didn't have time to attach the sleeve decorations, but it still worked ok!)

If anyone recognizes this R2 unit, can you let me know? I (stupidly) didn't get the handler/builder's name, though he was really cool. R2 has a built in projector and plays Leia's message... very cool!
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great!

A few years ago, I might have been able to figure out whose R2 that is, but the R2 Builders group is so large now, I don't know half of the guys!
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:-) Thanks, Rachel! I totally loved wearing Snowbunny, it was one of my favorite outfits of the weekend!

The R2 was pretty awesome- and the projector was sooo cool!! I'm really sad that I didn't get the builder's name!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted one of your pictures on the R2-D2 Builders forum, I'll see if anyone "claims" the R2. Smile
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate it, Rachel! I'd love to tell them thanks for letting me get pics!!
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost ready to debut my snowbunny. I'll post pictures up here once I get the hood to sit right. Mad I'm also taking some advice from you ladies and making the blue edging around the boots and gloves detachable in case I need to wash anything.

However, I did have a find with the boots. I don't know if this is a national chain or not, but Forever Young Shoes has a white wedge boot that is straight, no decoration and a faux microsuede shell, all under $15. So excited when I saw this. I'll see if I can post a picture this evening.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That R2-D2 belongs to Chris Lee. http://r2-g4.com/ I told him you said thank you for the photo ops. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Radiance wrote:
I'm almost ready to debut my snowbunny. I'll post pictures up here once I get the hood to sit right. Mad I'm also taking some advice from you ladies and making the blue edging around the boots and gloves detachable in case I need to wash anything.

However, I did have a find with the boots. I don't know if this is a national chain or not, but Forever Young Shoes has a white wedge boot that is straight, no decoration and a faux microsuede shell, all under $15. So excited when I saw this. I'll see if I can post a picture this evening.

Can't wait to see pictures!! Smile
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
That R2-D2 belongs to Chris Lee. http://r2-g4.com/ I told him you said thank you for the photo ops. Smile

Rachel, you're the best! Thanks so much for that! Very Happy

Dark Radiance- I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures as well- I'm excited for you on the boot find, I'm all about some awesome shoes!!

I just posted the pair of boots that I bought in the wrong size... I was very sad that they didn't fit, but ended up finding a different pair that I'm really happy with. If anyone else happens to be looking for a new pair, I posted them on the sale/trade forum.[/url]
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I was able to find who's it was for you. Smile
Crystal Clover (Meaghan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Radiance wrote:
I'm also taking some advice from you ladies and making the blue edging around the boots and gloves detachable in case I need to wash anything.

I personally use white duct tape on my boots because i love them so much, i wear them regularly. The only problem with this is that you cant leave the tape on for a while or it can leave the adhesive behind. If you use fur and not feather, you can also use this method from the inside of the boot and have the fur hang over the top. I did this on my pink version.

For the gloves, i just tacked the trim on so if i need to wash them, a few snips will remove it. i don't mind having to sew them on again considering how few times I'll be washing/wearing them.

Hope that helps!
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boot trim is simply two 'rings' of fur that slide on before I put the boots on, they are snug to my calf so they don't fall down the boot or rise up my leg. I've been doing it that way since I started wearing this costume over 5 years ago Wink

The trim on my old gloves was removable by adding hooks/eyes to the trim and the gloves. Simple to remove and put back on. My new gloves are permanently attached since the gloves are leather. The would need to be specially cleaned by a professional, but I am super careful not to handle/touch many surfaces or my face when wearing them.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benae- are your gloves smooth leather or sueded? I've been highly considering looking for some sueded leather (to match the texture on my boots). Did you find gloves at a local store, or in the internet? I completely love the idea of the hooks and eyes.. because I have cats who like to eat the blue "birds".

Also, I followed your method for the fur on the boots, and it's wonderful. I wore the costume all over Dragoncon and had NO problems with it- the fur was actually saftey pinned together... oh well. It stayed.

Also.. I FINALLY got pictures to actually submit this photo. My poor boyfriend is NOT a fan of being the photographer, but now that it's done he's excited for me as well!! So, hopefully this thing will be official soon!

And now, upgrades. Starting with gloves!
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gloves are a smooth leather. There was a huge sample sale here in NYC and they were marked down from $150 to $30 (cashmere lined too!). I have long fingers and it is very important for me to try on gloves before buying them. I had considered ebay, but not being able to try them on steered me away.
I find with suede, it can get dirty very easily and can be harder to clean than cotton or leather, especially if it's white.
My cats loved the trim too, I actually took a spare piece and made them a cat toy out of it - they destroyed it in only one day lol
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, sorry to dig up an old thread, but I had a question. And I apologize in advance if this has been said before and I missed it while looking through the thread.

I was looking through the standards on this costume and with the hooded cape, it says that the inside lining is Satin.

My question is this: why satin? Since this is a cartoon character, shouldn't it be based on color and sheen, not fabric choice?

Reason I'm asking is I found a beautiful blue that matches my trim and hangs amazingly well, but it isn't satin. Do I have to forgo that and use satin? I'm just curious. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to understand the thinking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: