Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=992512eb350f91cb74f332fb4b9f85edMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Guy Here in Kansas City, MO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skywalker84 (Scott Gauley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: New Guy Here in Kansas City, MO Reply with quote

Hello everybody! I'm brand new to the forum! I am moving to Kansas City, Missouri this Tuesday! (September 19th) I'll be moving there from Denver, Colorado. So I wanted to get a little head start here by introducing myself and saying I really want to join the Rebel Legion. Several years back I had a great Anakin costume (My avatar is me in my old costume). Of course it wasn't up to Legion standards. Now I want to try again, I've felt inspired by my upcoming move. I want to reach out and meet new people and make new friends while doing something active with my life. Since I love Star Wars I decided I want to try to join the Legion. So I'm working on a brand new Anakin Skywalker Episode III costume. I want to make sure I get it right! And I am also wondering if there is anyone out there who lives in the KC area? I'm also nervous about starting over in a new city. Which is another reason I am also reaching out.
wiederk ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Scott, I moved to Berryton from CO three years ago. I'm CO of our clone battalion, so I would love to see an Anakin join us. We have a bunch of members in the KC area, with armor party's every now and then. When ever I have one again I'll send you a invite. Look forward to meeting you.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank you for that! I really appreciate that! I may or may not have my costume fully ready by the next invite, but even if it's not I would like to meet you and the guys. I'm pretty serious about joining the Legion so you won't have to worry about me flaking out lol. In fact I just placed an order for some Anakin boots from the renowned JDos Props. They seem to be the only boot maker that is recommended by the Legion. Unfortunately I was told my boots would not be ready for about 4 months.
wiederk ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Look forward to meeting you.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise! I'm glad to have found you!
Josek Lomex (Caleb Pennock)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! And good luck in your journey, if you need help don't hesitate to ask!

https://m.facebook.com/rebels.midamerica/?ref=bookmarks

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! Yeah, it's not easy starting over, especially since I lived the majority of my life in Denver. Haha. Anyway, I've never been a member of the Legion before. When my costume is ready do I just follow the application process instructions as detailed on the website? I did order some boots from JDos props, but they won't be ready for about 4 months. Do I just wait for my entire costume to be ready before I submit my application? And of course if I have questions about any parts of my costume I can always ask on here right? Thank you kindly and I look forward to making some new friends here!
Old Man Luke (John Brummet)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a great community in KC and tons of events, so I'm sure you'll have no problem making new friends and finding help locally. But if you do need to ask costume questions on the forum your best bet is to ask in the actual forum pertaining to your specific costume rather than in here, you're likely to get feedback from others with the same costume and even judges.
And keep in mind you don't have to have an approved costume to start getting involved in local troops, you can help at many as a handler, etc.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very glad to hear that there is a great community here in the KC community. And yes! Even though I am still working on putting together my costume, I'd still love to meet up with the guys and girls here in the community, help out, and make some new friends in the process. Since I'm totally new here, can anyone tell me when the next event is where I can meet up with some people, or what I should do? Thank you everyone here for all the help and support!
Old Man Luke (John Brummet)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and friend me on Facebook and I'll get you in the local group if you like.
https://www.facebook.com/john.brummet.3
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that would be awesome! I just sent you a friend request on Facebook!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: