Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=99f60f488cfe04f366e36b221f47e019Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TFA Poe- Jakku Questions and WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK1420 (Ian)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: TFA Poe- Jakku Questions and WIP Reply with quote

I have decided to work on the Undercover Jakku Poe Dameron outfit and wanted to get input from you fine people on my selections. This thread will also serve as my checklist/organizational tool, with hopes others will find it useful as well.

First, I will begin this thread with a list of items that I understand are required. I haven't found a CRL for this costume, but would really appreciate someone posting a link to it if it does exist. This list is based on the threads I've read through here, at RPF and elsewhere, and my own observations of the film, visual dictionary, and action figures.

Helmet:
Hasbro Black Series with modifications:
*sand off black & red paint job
*remove electronics
*cover and fill power switch on left ear
*immobilize "talk" switch on right ear
*augment mic with metal parts and add a wire

Jacket:
Modified F Jacket. I used brown shoe polish to darken the leather and provide a bit of weathering. When weather permits (not often, since I live in Texas!), I wear the jacket to get some more natural weathering. I've also printed out the left breast pocket greeblie.

Shirt/Tunic:
Determine key characteristics:
*Long or short sleeve?
*identify material type
*identify material color
*identify any existing store-bought shirts that may be suitable
*Modified Hensley cut shirt?
UPDATE: found and ordered this shirt form Amazon.

Belt & Buckle:
brown leather belt with large unadorned rectangular metal buckle (roughly 2" x 3" in size, though perhaps this varies depending on individual)

Pants:
Determine key characteristics:
*identify material type
appears to be canvas or denim, like a workpant
*identify material color
dark brown/chocolate/espresso
is this variable based on palette of other costume elements?
*visible square stitching on front pockets
*identify any existing store-bought pants that may be suitable
UPDATE:Found and ordered these pants from Amazon

Boots:
*Hi-top style visible in Reference material
*flat sole- no heel
*stitching/pattern on top of foot
*strap across top of boot
*Sources
Po-Zu- officially licensed
Rebel logo on strap
"Star Wars" embossed on the heel
eBay vendor Cosplayshow DFYM boots: link

Blaster:
BlasTech EL-16HFE (Heavy Field Edition)
A fine reference by krisheding is available elsewhere on this forum
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86409
*3D print plans
*scratchbuild
*modify Nerf, etc.?

Let me know what else should be listed. I'll post in more detail about each item as I get into the research and process.

Thanks for looking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: