Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2abd8913e86e348379f007b5d4fcb47dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Standard Revision] Generic Jedi General - Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ionicdesign (Michael)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin1138 wrote:
Just to jump into this convo regarding movie vs toon style armour..

The current Clone Wars(2003) Kenobi standard asks for realistic style armour despite being based on a toon...and IIRC (tho this may just be 501st) realistic interpretations of animated Clones were once accepted. Some still are, although with the caveat that a realistic version has been produced as a high end collectable- a statue or figure for example.

Actually there is both:
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/obi-wan-kenobi-clone-wars-volume-ii-general-of-the-republic/

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/obi-wan-kenobi-clone-wars-volume-i-general-of-the-republic/

Because there are reference for both the animated style and realistic.

Colin1138 wrote:
Another thing to consider...to my knowledge there are no vendors who produce 2003 style armour or helmets.

Whether or not someone is mass producing armour is a factor in someone choosing to make it, but not the Legion approving it or not. That being said there have been at least a couple that have made this style of armour.

On the standard itself I would think it best to focus on the core designs of the Clone Wars era armour seen in various media. Have things seen a couple times but not commonly can be listed as optional items. Things that are a one off like Saesee Tiin's chest box and whatnot should probably be reserved for a specific face character build.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but saw a few things I wanted to chime in about.

First, thank you for all the work updating this standard! This is one of my favorite character types and I'm glad to see more options opening up.

Belts Styles: The proposed standard offers what I believe are the generic Jedi Style A and Style B belts. Is there any reference for a General wearing Style B? Everything I've looked at is either Style A or a variant on a clone's belt. Style B was typically seen in the original trilogy and New Republic, which didn't have armored generals. Should Style B be changed to describe a clone belt? (or if reference to existing Style B does exist, then add a Style C?)

Boot/Belt Colors: Exception should be noted that white shin armor/boots do not require a matching white belt.

Armor/Component Combinations: As has been discussed in this thread, there are a lot of combinations of hard/soft parts that will be difficult to fully capture in text. Is it worth adding a note that "any combination of soft/hard parts should be seen in reference material"? In a perfect world, that goes without saying, but I know we'll get someone with Obi-Wan's sleeveless vest OT, spandex black IT, single below-the-belt tabard, and forearm armor without any elbow, bicep, shoulder, or mantle armor. To me, while it meets the letter of the standard, this should not be approvable and the note would be an easy way to both inform the costumer and provide the LCJs with an easy response.

Colors: Is there reference for this style of General wearing black or white soft parts other than Vos (who also is unique with bare arms)?
Rebel Legion Translation Team

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope to see the revision complete soon, and do up my 2nd costume in time for all the TLJ events
Assistant Temple Master - 2017/2018
Temple Master - 2018 - 2020

"The difference, they say, /Is only made right
By the resolving of gray/Through refined Jedi sight."
Oraculo (Agustin)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!!!

It is an excelent Thread!

I am going to give two more weeks of debate to continue with the process of approval of the modifications

Yours! Wink Wink Wink Wink
�Legion Costume Judge 2016 - 2020
BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
TCO Templo Pucar� 2015-16
Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion we have to split up the cs of the genetric general
reason why: it is much too complicated to mix all the different parts as clone armour parts are used
- such as:
realstic clone parts
animated clone parts season 1-3
animated clone parts season 4-6
animated general parts (such as offered from kw design - imperialsurplus)
to name only a few options
most of the can not be combined but can be used in different "stages", starting with lower arm armour and adding leg armour , adding white clone style boots, adding chest and clone shoulder armour or jedi style shoulder armour (which can not be combined) adding clone style phase one helmet (which as far as i know) can only becombined with a clone chest armour plus more or less clone armour parts (either realistic or animated - not sure which season -)

all the above mentioned reasons makes it extremly difficult to packk it in ONE costume standard

i would ask if we could split it up in at least 2-3 versions (like it it is differnt clone types)
MO/Events/PR of Lothal Base
"Loth-rat, Loth-cat, Loth-wolf, run. Pick a path
and all is done."
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*jedi general clone wars style (realistic armour parts)

*jedi general clone wars style (animated armour parts)

*jedi general clone wars style ((animated "general only" style)

these are the most basic styles i would start with.....
and all is done."
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to add the following to the armour parts section of the generic jedi general.....

II. Hard Parts:
1. Jedi Armour Required.
Style 1) Clone-styled forearms armour (realistic or animated style). White only.
Style 2) Clone-styled forearms armour (realistic or animated style). White only.
Style 3) Clone wars-styled Jedi General forearms armour ( animated style). White only.

Style 4) Heavy leather gauntlets.

------------------------------------
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO
1. Food pellets (at least one set of four) Food pellets should be painted a metallic color and may be gold, silver, bronze, copper or pewter. Other metallic colors are not permitted.

2. Jedi Pouches: Two (or more) utility pouches or resin cast utility boxes. ( Leather or leather-like material or resin cast boxes, as seen in the Star Wars universe. )
a. The paint scheme on resin cast boxes should blend well with the overall costume.
b. Bags are not pouches, and are not permitted to serve as a pouch/box option.

3. Hooded capes or full jedi cloak like seen on references.

--------------------
Optional Requirements:

1. Republic logo on the lower arm armour, jedi order symbol, or any symbol seen in references.
(example: Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Cin Drallig, Ima-Gun Di, Saesee Tiin, ....)

2) Armour Hand Plate attached to a black gloves- White only. Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.
3) Lower leg armour- White only. Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.
4) Upper chest armour in combination with shoulder bells - White only. Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.

5. Jetpack
6. Clone Trooper Helmet .
Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.
7. Comlink on armoured forearm
8.) Special jedi general neck/should armour (animated style)

the above armour parts are the minimum options i want to ad to the generic jedi general

- i would further ad a generic jedi general (realsitc style) EU based on the side show figures, as theis armour is very complex and if i would include it in here it would be very confusing to anyone who is not into clone armours.....

My above list of clone armour parts is based on existing armour parts supplied by the main makers of clone armours. Especially i want to mention Kevin form KW-Design from whome I got realy a lot of usefull infomation regarding clone armours whithin the last few weeks, which I took down to its basics and inluded them.
and all is done."
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

addition to my above post:
i can supply pics of "real life" props of realistic and animated clone lower arm and leg armour as well as the jedi style lower arm and leg armour
the above mebtion parts are in posetion if local base members or myself....
and all is done."
Thommy_Senpai (Thommy Abbott)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the add-on statements saying that the armor pieces and styles must be the same and complimentary. It is a simple way to ensure that a certain period style doesn't get cross-matched. Im excited to see this finally get moved forward as I am working on piecing together my arm armour and would love to add a helmet to my general.
KJO - Fulcrum Temple Master
-----------------------------
Capital City Jedi Knights
-----------------------------
Imperial Outlanders
Keystone State Squad
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thommy_Senpai wrote:
I like the add-on statements saying that the armor pieces and styles must be the same and complimentary. It is a simple way to ensure that a certain period style doesn't get cross-matched. Im excited to see this finally get moved forward as I am working on piecing together my arm armour and would love to add a helmet to my general.

iam working on mine too!
Wink
and all is done."
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would addd the following in the optional section at the very end

- any armour parts can eithet be shiny white (new look) or be weathered according to the current clone cs of the rebel legion
and all is done."
Sengar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these proposed additions to the standard.
Having all armor be complimentary makes sense... Smile
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
Colin1138 wrote:
Just to jump into this convo regarding movie vs toon style armour..

The current Clone Wars(2003) Kenobi standard asks for realistic style armour despite being based on a toon...and IIRC (tho this may just be 501st) realistic interpretations of animated Clones were once accepted. Some still are, although with the caveat that a realistic version has been produced as a high end collectable- a statue or figure for example.

Actually there is both:
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/obi-wan-kenobi-clone-wars-volume-ii-general-of-the-republic/

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/obi-wan-kenobi-clone-wars-volume-i-general-of-the-republic/

Because there are reference for both the animated style and realistic.

Colin1138 wrote:
Another thing to consider...to my knowledge there are no vendors who produce 2003 style armour or helmets.

Whether or not someone is mass producing armour is a factor in someone choosing to make it, but not the Legion approving it or not. That being said there have been at least a couple that have made this style of armour.

On the standard itself I would think it best to focus on the core designs of the Clone Wars era armour seen in various media. Have things seen a couple times but not commonly can be listed as optional items. Things that are a one off like Saesee Tiin's chest box and whatnot should probably be reserved for a specific face character build.

this armour should not be part of the standard genric jedi general as it is covere in this obi wan kenobi costume standard (ok it should be updated....)

and all is done."
Jorius Valik (James Douthitt)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love these ideas. Like Abbott below, I am working on arm armor and really wanted to add a helmet someday. In addition, I love the clean white look and was hoping to not be forced to weather anything.

Pictures of all these parts would be fantastic. I dipped my toe in just enough to figure out the arm pieces, and the amount of clone stuff out there is intimidating.

There is also someone in my base that would love the addition of the leather gauntlets.
Mysterious Stranger ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the armor styles must match. If you are making a generic general in the realistic style then ALL of the armor should be the realistic style armor. Same with the animated armor.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: