Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=78ee5fadb1962d25266f31719f0260beMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Standard Revision] Generic Jedi General - Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and Voolvif is another example of dark grey/silver armour too Very Happy
Dune Mysthopper ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! I made a mistake with the shin armor for anakin. But Bultar Swan and Plo Koon have shin armor from my photo references.

Krell and Plo Koon also has thigh armor, although Plo Koon's are simple plates. Thigh armor may not have enough references however unless you count the large amount Obi-wan has and Saesee Tiin has in the Clone Wars cartoon and in some of the comic based after them.

More Armor photos:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/17/50/f1/1750f1358eb60ffd18d703589ca980be.jpg
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/Saesee_and_Forces_with_Lightsaber.PNG
http://www.movieforkids.it/wp-content/gallery/star-wars-clone-wars/star-wars-clone-wars-12.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/5851e6b5c9f0af7e7efc6ac991c52fdc/tumblr_inline_o60o2tJ0GU1r0sjaq_540.png
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Voolvif_Monn

Last edited by Dune Mysthopper () on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:27 am; edited 11 times in total
kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dune Mysthopper wrote:
Ack! I made a mistake with the shin armor for anakin. But Bultar Swan and Plo Koon have shin armor from my photo references.

Krell and Plo Koon also has thigh armor, although Plo Koon's are simple plates.

Brilliant, i forgot Plo got a new costume in Lost Ones, i've spent last couple of days gathering as many images together as i can to do a big post about armour now I've spoken to Leroni and I now realise 2003 CW and toys can be used for reference! I'll try to get them all uploaded and write a post soon, but your references are great, i think together we have a lot of evidence for more armour options Very Happy
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uff. Smile

you know it takes me long long time to read your text and understand it.

Important:
When we write a standard, we always have to think about, that a normal standard person is able to prepare it and wear it.
- materials: i saw wonderful armor made from worpla. so we should not reduce it to the plastic used from the 501st Smile
- always hold in mind that leather armor is also possible! (reduction to clone wars)
- better to bring items to optional, than to have too many fix items and only some very view person can build the costume.
- dont forget our alien friends (chis already wrote about)
- as it is a generic! jedi general there should be all variations that a jedi general can use.
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Uff. Smile

you know it takes me long long time to read your text and understand it.

Sorry :p
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i am through the text.

there came up a question for me:
Do we like to make a generally "gjg" - all eras (all materials)
or do we like to make 2 separate gjg
1. "gjg"- clone wars (with clone armour parts),
2. "gjg" - other eras (with leather, metal, plastic parts)?

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
so i am through the text.

there came up a question for me:
Do we like to make a generally "gjg" - all eras (all materials)
or do we like to make 2 separate gjg
1. "gjg"- clone wars (with clone armour parts),
2. "gjg" - other eras (with leather, metal, plastic parts)?

yours
Leroni

I would like it if we could keep this one to Clone Wars era and other variations should have their own standards

When i say Clone Wars era, i mean in-universe, not just 2008 TV show, but also 2003, comic books, games and toys

Just my preference
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kishometeora wrote:

I would like it if we could keep this one to Clone Wars era and other variations should have their own standards

When i say Clone Wars era, i mean in-universe, not just 2008 TV show, but also 2003, comic books, games and toys

Just my preference

For my understanding:
we make a gjg with clone trooper parts. no other variations. (atm there are also leather parts in the standard).
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been trying to gather as many sources as I could. This is my suggestion for the armour part of the standard. As Leroni says above, this is for Clone Armour version only, I haven’t look much at leather armour yet sorry. I write this on the assumption all LFL released sources of Clone Wars era Jedi is applicable, but I also will split this by source so if it turns out only certain sources are ok then hopefully it can be changed easily 😊

Required armour - Forearms:

Quote:
II. Hard Parts:
1. Jedi Armour – Required.
• Style 1) Clone-styled forearms armour (realistic or animated style). White only.

I agree with this as the only required piece of armour, the vast majority of the Clone Wars armoured Jedi we see have forearm armour. However I think there is an argument to be made that almost all also have handplates with the exception of some alien species.

Examples from Clone Wars TV Show (2008):

In the above pic all but 1 example has handplates. The only one who does not is the Nikto as he has spikes/horns on the back of hands making plates not sensible. So perhaps hand plates should required but with a note so say provided the species can wear them?
When we bring in example from Clone Wars (2003) TV show and the Clone Wars Adventures comics, I believe we can argue that more than just white armour should allowed:

This is also shows examples of Jedi wearing forearm armour and handplates but with no gloves. Combined with Clone Wars 2008 I think gloves could be optional, fingerless or full.

I propose this section should be:

Quote:
11. Forearm Armour:
- White, Grey or Brown forearm amour (realistic or animated style)
- Hand plates required unless valid reason for a species not to be able to wear them
- Gloves optional – may be finger less or full gloves if present

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Formal Requirements:

Quote:
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS – YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO
1. Food pellets (at least one set of four) Food pellets should be painted a metallic color and may be gold, silver, bronze, copper or pewter. Other metallic colors are not permitted.

2. Jedi Pouches: Two (or more) utility pouches or resin cast utility boxes. ( Leather or leather-like material or resin cast boxes, as seen in the Star Wars universe. )
a. The paint scheme on resin cast boxes should blend well with the overall costume.
b. Bags are not pouches, and are not permitted to serve as a pouch/box option.

3. Hooded capes or full jedi cloak like seen on references.

I agree with this list however I would put back in the comlink on forearm armour.
There are examples of 2 types of comlink ‘Jedi Style’ and ‘Clone Style’
Examples of Jedi Style from TCW (2008):

Also included here is an example of Obi wan’s white Jedi comlink seen in the later seasons.
And here is examples of Clone Style from TCW (2008):

And more examples of clone style can be seen in 2003 show:

So for this section I suggest:

Quote:
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS – YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO
1. Food pellets (at least one set of four) Food pellets should be painted a metallic color and may be gold, silver, bronze, copper or pewter. Other metallic colors are not permitted.

2. Jedi Pouches: Two (or more) utility pouches or resin cast utility boxes. ( Leather or leather-like material or resin cast boxes, as seen in the Star Wars universe. )
a. The paint scheme on resin cast boxes should blend well with the overall costume.
b. Bags are not pouches, and are not permitted to serve as a pouch/box option.

3. Hooded capes or full jedi cloak like seen on references.
4. Comlink on armour, can be either Jedi style in black or white, or Clone Trooper commlink style

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional armour:

Quote:
Optional Requirements:

1. Republic Logo, jedi order symbol, or any symbol seen in references.
(example: Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Cin Drallig, Ima-Gun Di, Saesee Tiin, ....)
2. Hard Parts
- Style 1 (plastic) Lower leg armour with white clone boots. Shoulder, Chest and Biceps Armour, Hand plates, knee plates, black gloves
- Style 2 (leather) Hand plates, Knee plates, Lower leg, shoulder, chest and biceps armour, black gloves.
3. Jetpack
4. Clone Trooper Helmet
5. Comlink on armoured forearm

Logos:

I think there are 3 types of logos described here:
-Jedi Order Symbol

-Republic Symbols

- character specific logos

The Jedi symbol is the only one I’ve seen on multiple characters (Obi-wan, Anakin and Mace), I wonder should it be the only one on the generic standard.

Shoulder armour (mantles and shoulder bells):

The current standard says this is only for face characters Anakin and Obi-wan but there are examples of many more Jedi in both 2003 and 2008 shows and comic books etc that wear mantles and/or have shoulder bells.

TCW 2008 examples:

Examples from 2003 series and comics:

And also here is an example of Mace Windu Hasbro figure that had a shoulder mantle and bells:

Bi-cep armour:

In 2008 show Obi-wan is the only example that come to mind. However in 2003 show it can be seen on Eeth Koth:

And again the Mace Windu Hasbro figure above comes with bi-cep armour.

Shin Armour and Boots:

Examples from TCW 2008 show:

And we have Bultar Swan in the 2003 comics:

Knees and Thighs:

In the 2008 show Krell wears thigh armour including the knee plates:

In 2003 show Voolvif Monn has knee plates:

And in the TCW 2008 comic books, Obi-wan can be seen with thigh armour as well:

Clone Helmets:

Hasbro action figures based on 2008 TCW of Mace Windu, Obi-wan and Saesse Tinn have all come with helmets:

Not only that some of these toys have been repacked multiple times, imo giving more validity.

Note: always seems to be phase 1 style helmet

Clone belts:

In the 2003 clone wars, in both the show and the comics there is a lot of examples of Jedi wearing Clonetrooper belts, sometimes with and sometimes without the belt boxes:

This image however shows Ki-Adi with the belt boxes but no detonator. Has anyone seen evidence of Jedi wearing the detonator?

Chest armour:

Kenobi in the 2003 show and comics wore chest armour under his robes:

As of course Bultar Swan in both the Clone Wars 2003 comics, and in the Dark Horse comics:

Jet Packs:

As far as I know only Ob-wan Hasbro figure came with a jetpack, I don’t think this is enough to be added to a generic standard. Anyone else got examples of it?

Lastly I just want to mention both Kenobi and Saesee Tiin in their full or near full Clone Trooper armour:

I did include these with all of my previous examples to avoid repetition (even though there is already some of that admittedly), but imo these two examples should count as extra proof for all the optional armour listed above.

So, my proposed option section would be:

Quote:
Optional Armour:

1. Jedi Order Symbol on armour
2. Shoulder Mantle
3. Shoulder Bells – both shoulders or just 1
4. Shin armour incl Clone boots and knee plates
5. Bi-cep armour
6. Phase 1 Clone Trooper Helmets
7. Chest armour
8. Thigh armour

Thank you for reading, please let me know what I have missed!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely laid out. Smile

There's a lot of style changes between early CW and later CW, but overall I think it would be nice if it could all be combined into one standard. Perhaps there could be examples of how the different types of armor can be combined? And if there's any types that doesn't go together.
For example you should always choose a style and then stick with it rather than mix two or more styles.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree that animated style should stay with animated style, and movie style with movie style. Also far as i can see its white with white, grey with grey etc
Colin1138 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to jump into this convo regarding movie vs toon style armour..

The current Clone Wars(2003) Kenobi standard asks for realistic style armour despite being based on a toon...and IIRC (tho this may just be 501st) realistic interpretations of animated Clones were once accepted. Some still are, although with the caveat that a realistic version has been produced as a high end collectable- a statue or figure for example.

Another thing to consider...to my knowledge there are no vendors who produce 2003 style armour or helmets. The Phase 1 armour from the Filoni series is VERY similar in design however, but would it be acceptable to use that kit if one wanted to build a 2003 costume?

Movie style and Filoni style armours and helmets are easily obtained..and have a wealth of resources out there to help folks assemble and paint to Standard level...microseries style not so much.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider it an extra level challenge to make micro series armor then. Smile

But all within reason. The most important thing is to stick with one style rather than mix several together.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

kishometeora ()
LCJ Support Staff
LCJ Support Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
The most important thing is to stick with one style rather than mix several together.

Yep, makes sense
Finntheirish ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this thread and the possibility of opening up a more armored clone wars armored jedi. So far my only thought for contribution would be to change the phrase chest armor to mantle armor as chest armor to me is more like Star wars the old republic armored jedi (or mando) style chestplates.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: