Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f715040fb3dbbf229c1b06b745a35a40Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ThePopTrooper's Slave Leia Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepoptrooper (Ashley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: ThePopTrooper's Slave Leia Build Reply with quote

I was inspired to do a Leia costume when I stumbled across a group of gorgeous ladies taking a slave Leia group photo at Celebration back in April. I purchased a Leia's Trooper kit and have been slowly working on the courage to take pics and actually post them to this forum.

Currently working on the boots and an underpants solution. I read that some of you sew a panty into the skirt panels, and I found an amazing burgundy bikini bottom at Target that matches my skirt panels very well!

I'm also hoping to get some advice on the top. What do you ladies like using for your straps? Is there a part of the straps that you have to undo every time you wear the bra? Or is it secured in the front and back and you somehow wiggle into and out of it without untying anything? Does anyone have any advice on tying these knots securely? Note: I do have cone shaped beads to cover the front knots, but I haven't put them on yet.

Second question: is my braid length approvable? The requirements state that it has to at least reach the mid-back, but is there an upper limit to the length? After googling photos of Carrie in this costume I'm seeing that the length varies.

Follow me on Instagram @thepoptrooper
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braid is no the long side, but looks like it should be fine. Smile We do allow for some leeway. (Officially Leia has hip length hair in ROTJ; the shortest hair of the three movies).

The bra should have hooks on the end of the 'arms' going to each side that you can hook a loop of the cord on.
And if you want screen accurate the cord should be leather. Same goes for skirts.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ThePopTrooper's Slave Leia Build Reply with quote

I used leather cording I purchased at a craft store. I made a knot loop on the back portion of the bra first and then crossed it in front and tied it. I do not undo mine after I wear them but leave them knotted. Luckily it is easy enough to pull the bra on and off since the leather has a bit of give in it.

Community Member of the Year 2019
PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command & Rogue Detachments
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Cloud City Leia, Vice Admiral Holdo, Cara Dune, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: